St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Lamenting his plunging popularity this week, a self-pitying President Donald Trump wondered how it all went wrong.

"Nobody likes me," he said, confounded at how his administration's health experts could be receiving accolades while he is accused of ignoring and denying the raging public health crisis

"It can only be my personality," Trump said, "that's all."
(emphasis mine)

I'm stunned. The man finally gets it right. He is absolutely 100% correct. :clap:

'Nobody likes me,' Trump complains, as even his allies fade - CNNPolitics

Scottish Highlander

Reverend Pastor 1748
Jul 29, 2020
Rockingham, North Carolina
✟18,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
I do feel a little bad for Trump. I know he tries (or at least attempts to try) but his ego gets in the way and it makes things worse than what they need to be. There's many ways to do something but ego doesn't need to be involved I think. I know nothing about how to grab an audience with talking because I am horrible at it so I might be talking with no expertise here, but I guess good advice could always be helpful, weather someone is educated or not in a subject. Maybe ego is needed because it makes you distinct and your personality catches an audience, who knows. I wouldn't know the first thing about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do feel a little bad for Trump. I know he tries (or at least attempts to try) but his ego gets in the way and it makes things worse than what they need

Don’t feel sorry for him. He’s had 70+ years to learn how to not be a narcissist. That he’s only finally starting o face some consequences for his self-absorbed behavior is as much his fault as anybody’s.

Upvote 0

Scottish Highlander

Reverend Pastor 1748
Jul 29, 2020
✟18,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Don’t feel sorry for him. He’s had 70+ years to learn how to not be a narcissist. That he’s only finally starting o face some consequences for his self-absorbed behavior is as much his fault as anybody’s.
He is a little cocky I suppose. I just hope he's found God. I'm not sure and only God will know that one. There were many awful people in the Bible and God brought them to Him so I'm not going to judge Donald. He's probably doing good in his mind but it might not be the same to others. I'm optimistic since I'm a Republican so I do act hopeful for him but I look at a lot of politicians and I pray for them too, regardless of party. My prayer is that God will enlighten everyone in the political sphere and calm everyone's minds and bring peace. This applies to politicians and voters.

I guess really if I have to be honest, I'm so used to how Putin does everything that I don't really mind Trump because he acts sort of like him with his conservative ways and older ways of thinking. I'm not too optimistic for change. My whole family is Russian so we prefer the older ways. I hope I don't sound mean for saying this to you but a lot of Americans that I meet have their heads in the clouds. Why not just go with what works? It doesn't have to be brand new because there's no need and it's not practical. If an older way works then don't mess with it.

The thing in Russia with cars is that if an older car works then put some bondo in the body and fix up the engine and keep going. If the engine blows up then put a new motor in it and keep going. I guess that is just the echo of the fallen soviet union talking but everyone holds onto a lot of stuff because there's not much. The politics is the same way I feel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I like President Trump. I think he is the greatest President since President John Kennedy. He will win 2020. The time has come to put aside pety differences and do what is best for America and the foundation for which this country was founded. We need as a nation to get back to our founding principles.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I like President Trump. I think he is the greatest President since President John Kennedy. He will win 2020. The time has come to put aside pety differences and do what is best for America and the foundation for which this country was founded. We need as a nation to get back to our founding principles.

Well... Nepotism, grifting, patronage, overt racism, ignorance of science, and affinity for gilded French decor were all a lot more common in the 18th century, so I guess Trump probably is the right man to get us back to our roots.

Upvote 0

Scottish Highlander

Reverend Pastor 1748
Jul 29, 2020
✟18,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Well... Nepotism, grifting, patronage, overt racism, ignorance of science, and affinity for gilded French decor were all a lot more common in the 18th century, so I guess Trump probably is the right man to get us back to our roots.
America needs some crazy leader who believes in communism or something else crazy like that. Once that hellish government's collapses, people will appreciate what freedoms they have that aren't government rule. It's proven that people with nothing are more conservative. This is Russia in a nutshell. Americans are picky and spoiled (no offense.) I don't think there is anything wrong with Trump. Nobody in Russia seems to hate him. I haven't met anyone at least that does. As a matter of fact, not really anyone in previous soviet territories seems to hate Trump. I don't see why you don't like him. You don't really state any real threats about him other than the fact that he's just an old thinker who does things in traditional ways like I see in most ex-soviet countries. I'm puzzled honestly. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,557.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
America needs some crazy leader who believes in communism or something else crazy like that. Once that hellish government's collapses, people will appreciate what freedoms they have that aren't government rule. It's proven that people with nothing are more conservative. This is Russia in a nutshell. Americans are picky and spoiled (no offense.) I don't think there is anything wrong with Trump. Nobody in Russia seems to hate him. I haven't met anyone at least that does. As a matter of fact, not really anyone in previous soviet territories seems to hate Trump. I don't see why you don't like him. You don't really state any real threats about him other than the fact that he's just an old thinker who does things in traditional ways like I see in most ex-soviet countries. I'm puzzled honestly. :scratch:
Da, Comrade, President Trump is second best leader of free world, after Putin.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It sounds like you’ve been conditioned to have low standards.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Scottish Highlander

Reverend Pastor 1748
Jul 29, 2020
✟18,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Da, Comrade, President Trump is second best leader of free world, after Putin.
I can agree with that, I like Putin. He seems very stern and in his ways. Too bad I wasn't born in Russia. My family members were though.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He is a little cocky I suppose. I just hope he's found God.

If that unlikely event ever happened you just know Trump would tweet that god found Him at last, probably adding some complain about why it took so long and how it could have saved His election had it happened sooner while adding that god is clearly a Democrat.

Upvote 0

Scottish Highlander

Reverend Pastor 1748
Jul 29, 2020
✟18,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
It sounds like you’ve been conditioned to have low standards.

You can say that actually. When my family got here to America the first thing they noticed were the huge cars and the fact that there were fast food places everywhere. My uncle debated leaving because all of this luxury he seen was laziness and that was sinful. I think for maybe about 10 years or so, my family wouldn't even go to a fast food restaurant because they thought that it was automation and it was evil and they felt like they were just part of a system and that there was no human interaction. None of my family members would ride in any big American cars either. They actually got so fed up with it that they had other family members in Russia pack up a Lada and they got it shipped over here. They just felt too uncomfortable at the dealership and trying to buy a car. They told me that they kept asking the salesman for a small car but the salesman kept offering big cars (normal-sized American cars) and my family didn't like that so they drove the Lada. They told me that driving an American car felt like driving a tank and it was too big to control and it scared them.

What else shocked my family was the fact that the housing here was too big. In Russia they told me that there was at max a 3 room apartment with busted out holes in the walls and many other such things. There was no running water either and you had to boil your water. When my family got here they were beyond shocked and they were actually scared to use the hot water and cold water faucets because they thought that it was laziness and they didn't want to get comfortable. They knew that it was a better lifestyle but at the same time they wish now that there were more hardy people here in America who could scrape out a living and be fine with it but they don't see that. I see very little of it myself and that makes me sad. I sort of want to go to Russia to see this hard living like I'm told.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Lamenting his plunging popularity this week, a self-pitying President Donald Trump wondered how it all went wrong.

"Nobody likes me," he said, confounded at how his administration's health experts could be receiving accolades while he is accused of ignoring and denying the raging public health crisis

(emphasis mine)

I'm stunned. The man finally gets it right. He is absolutely 100% correct. :clap:

I think he's completely deluded as to the only difference between him and his administrations health experts is "personality", rather than say, actions, character or principles.

Of course I am going to rate a health expert on his staff who seems genuine over someone who lies incessantly and divisively makes everything political and about himself.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

(emphasis mine)

He's nearly there, 'behaviour' is the word he's grasping for.

Upvote 0

Scottish Highlander

Reverend Pastor 1748
Jul 29, 2020
✟18,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
If that unlikely event ever happened you just know Trump would tweet that god found Him at last, probably adding some complain about why it took so long and how it could have saved His election had it happened sooner while adding that god is clearly a Democrat.
I think he's completely deluded as to the only difference between him and his administrations health experts is "personality", rather than say, actions, character or principles.

Of course I am going to rate a health expert on his staff who seems genuine over someone who lies incessantly and divisively makes everything political and about himself.

...I don't get it, am I missing something here? That's 2 or 3 people now that have said that they didn't really approve of Trump. I'm confused. Are all Americans like this I wonder? Is this high standard stuff ingrained in the people here?... (this comment is directed at this thread, not you directly.) I'm just confused. This is probably why I don't discuss politics much, I have a different world view about things I guess????

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't let the posters here bother you, its like high school you know to be in with the cool kids you all have to find someone to pick on so that you feel superior and become part of the group. I agree Trump will be reelected. I am looking forward to debates but it sounds like Biden wants to hide and not participate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.