loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Democrats don't support an open borders bill
Trump said, "Every single Democrat in the U.S. Senate has signed up for the open borders, and it's a bill, it's called the ‘open borders bill’," written by Feinstein.

There is no such bill.

The bill introduced by Feinstein, and supported by all Senate Democrats, is meant to stop family separations at the border. The measure does not eliminate the enforcement of immigration laws. Trump gave an inaccurate and misleading description of the bill.

We rate his statement False.
tulc(this is President Trumps 203rd false, his 89th since becoming President) :wave:

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, Democrats don't support an open borders bill

tulc(this is President Trumps 203rd false, his 89th since becoming President) :wave:
Obama deported many illegal aliens, same as Trump. I am waiting for the Mexicans to build a border wall to prevent the flow of illegal guns from the US into their country. I do not think they can come up with the money.

Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

John 12:25

Aug 14, 2018
Florida
✟5,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Trump keeps up this pace for 6 more years he may stand a chance of surpassing the 1,000+ documented lies, deceptions, and acts of corruption by leftist Marxist wonderchild Obama. (snip)
This thread is about President Trump, if you'd like to discuss President Obama you should start a thread about him where you can discuss him there. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread is about President Trump, if you'd like to discuss President Obama you should start a thread about him where you can discuss him there. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

When they panic, any diversion will do, I suppose.

Meatime...

Ken Starr says Mueller getting closer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sounds like you are forgetting ICE doesn't protect the border.

Picky, picky, picky. Republicans like ICE because they did such a good job of taking children away from their parents.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you are forgetting ICE doesn't protect the border.

Not forgetting anything, you could go to the Homeland Security website and see exactly what ICE does (which includes certain responsibilities and close cooperation with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and others require significant ICE assets near the border).

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ICE seems to have lost sight of their mission and took on a political agenda to discourage asylum applications. It was Trump's idea that this could best be done by separating children from parents and then "losing the paperwork" necessary to re-unite them.

That was the plan discussed among Trump's people. When one person pointed out that this would be extremely harmful to the children, it only firmed up their determination to do it.

That ICE became part of that scheme tells us that there is a lot of housecleaning to be done.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ICE seems to have lost sight of their mission and took on a political agenda to discourage asylum applications. It was Trump's idea that this could best be done by separating children from parents and then "losing the paperwork" necessary to re-unite them.

That was the plan discussed among Trump's people. When one person pointed out that this would be extremely harmful to the children, it only firmed up their determination to do it.

That ICE became part of that scheme tells us that there is a lot of housecleaning to be done.

Still leaving out pertinent information I see, not surprising.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Still leaving out pertinent information I see, not surprising.

I notice you didn't bring up any other "pertinent information", yourself. Which is not surprising. If there are any extenuating circumstances for intentionally abusing children, now would be the time to trot them out for us.

And just to keep on topic, you might explain why Trump felt it important to lie about an imaginary "open borders" bill he claimed the democrats had sponsored.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I notice you didn't bring up any other "pertinent information", yourself. Which is not surprising. If there are any extenuating circumstances for intentionally abusing children, now would be the time to trot them out for us.

And just to keep on topic, you might explain why Trump felt it important to lie about an imaginary "open borders" bill he claimed the democrats had sponsored.

I shouldn't have to considering the practice has been going on for a decade or more under other administrations, thought you knew that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:

I shouldn't have to considering the practice has been going on for a decade or more under other administrations,

So you're claiming that other administrations were separating kids from parents as a means of discouraging asylum applications?

Let's see what you have. As you know, the only reason that Trump got in trouble over this was that the separation policy produced unprecedented numbers of kids separated from their parents, and the huge flow of children into camps to hold them tipped off the public as to what was going on.

If your claim is that Bush and Obama were doing this, I think it's time for you to show your evidence for it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
(Barbarian mentions that Trump had a policy of separating children from parents as a way discouraging asylum requests, even though (or perhaps because) he was informed that doing so would cause serious harm to the children)

Gigimo said:
I shouldn't have to considering the practice has been going on for a decade or more under other administrations,

Barbarian asks:
So you're claiming that other administrations were separating kids from parents as a means of discouraging asylum applications?

Still reading between the lines I see.

You didn't put it between the lines. You made the claim outright, as noted above. Just so I'm sure you didn't say what you didn't mean, are you claiming that previous administrations had a policy of harming children to discourage their parents from requesting asylum?

Or do you acknowledge that such a policy was begun by the Trump administration? Or are you denying that the Trump administration was told by one of their own people that the new policy would cause grave harm to children?

Which is it?

Upvote 0