Donald shuffles campaign money... to himself.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump Has Now Shifted $1.3 Million Of Campaign-Donor Money Into His Business

Donald Trump has charged his own reelection campaign $1.3 million for rent, food, lodging and other expenses since taking office, according to a Forbes analysis of the latest campaign filings. And although outsiders have contributed more than $50 million to the campaign, the billionaire president hasn’t handed over any of his own cash. The net effect: $1.3 million of donor money has turned into $1.3 million of Trump money.

Quite the tidy profit, isn't it?

Thoughts?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
federal regulations allow candidates to put campaign money into their own businesses only if they pay going rates. Given the varying opinions on whether $3,000 a month constitutes a fair price, however, it seems unlikely that the payments will spark an investigation by the Federal Election Commission. “If something is really egregious, yeah, it’s there,” says Bradley Smith, a Republican who served as a commissioner of the FEC from 2000 to 2005. “But they’re just not going to try to pick apart things on a difference of a few percentage points and try to second-guess what should be paid.”

Seems like a nothing burger once again.... you'll also notice it's the campaign committee that's doing the business not Trump directly. Every Presidential campaign spends donors money on the running of the campaign and that includes rents, food and other necessities.

• Winner
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And although outsiders have contributed more than $50 million to the campaign, the billionaire president hasn’t handed over any of his own cash.

How much more does he need?

Evidently people love him enough to take care of that for him. :)

Now if I hated Donald bad enough, I'd find a way to make that look like a bad thing, but I don't...so looks like a pretty good thing to me.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Now if I hated Donald bad enough, I'd find a way to make that look like a bad thing, but I don't...so looks like a pretty good thing to me.

I thought the promise was that he was going to pay the campaign?

not vice versa...

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That healthy tax cut he gave himself, his businesses and progeny didn't hurt him very much either, I presume.

Maybe i misunderstood, didn't he give businesses in general, a tax cut?

IOW, if he helps any business thrive in order to get the country back on track, so does his as a residual to that, hence he should just not do that at all?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought the promise was that he was going to pay the campaign?

not vice versa...

I thought I was pretty clear...You do understand the concept of "things change" right? Evidently he now doesn't have too, sensible people have chosen to make sure he gets back in, while it's also clear, the haters are just going to whine about this and anything else he does....nothing unusual here.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like a nothing burger once again.... you'll also notice it's the campaign committee that's doing the business not Trump directly. Every Presidential campaign spends donors money on the running of the campaign and that includes rents, food and other necessities.
That’s prescious. The President needing a little “pocket money”.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I thought I was pretty clear...You do understand the concept of "things change" right? Evidently he now doesn't have too, sensible people have chosen to make sure he gets back in, while it's also clear, the haters are just going to whine about this and anything else he does.

Right -- sensible people show their devotion by giving him money.

You sure you're not a hater, Kenny? I'll bet you haven't given him a dime.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right -- sensible people show their devotion by giving him money.

I've seen this scam before...

?

They show their support for the want of a better better America...You know, as much as some just can't stand it, some clearly think he's doing a good job...what "scam"?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Grifting? Many of his critics believe him to be using the office to enrich himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought I was pretty clear...You do understand the concept of "things change" right? Evidently he now doesn't have too, sensible people have chosen to make sure he gets back in, while it's also clear, the haters are just going to whine about this and anything else he does....nothing unusual here.
Me. Trump continues to practice his business as he has for decades: lying, cheating, stealing and self-dealing.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
?

They show their support for the want of a better better America...You know, as much as some just can't stand it, some clearly think he's doing a good job...what "scam"?

have you given Donald any of your money yet?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Grifting? Many of his critics believe him to be using the office to enrich himself.

And?

He was being accused of that well before the election. Then you are saying anything that might trickle down and affect him in a positive way, should not be done.

He's here to make the country better, so that's naturally going to affect most of the country in a positive way, it can't be avoided regardless what president is doing it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
have you given Donald any of your money yet?

No, And?

Also, my budget, and why it is what it is, is none of your business.

Would you say I do or do not support him? And how bout you, what are you doing to improve things?

Upvote 0