Donald recycles Birther arguments against Kamala Harris.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sen. Ted Cruz made no bones about holding dual citizenship as a result of being born in Canada of American parents. I believe that at one point he renounced his Canadian citizenship. I don't recall any serious attack on him on birther grounds.

...and of course the current First Lady violated her entry visa....but she is from one of the "acceptable" countries.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Except she IS from here.

As are AOC, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley but that didn't stop Trump from telling them to go back to their home "countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world."

No, she's Canadian.

Even more reason to vote for her. :-D

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes, if you are from one of the *hole countries, you don't belong here.
Except she IS from here.

Oakland has (er, had) a Black Hole, maybe that counts in Trump's mind?

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He’s desperate. The sheer volume of charges they’ve tried to throw at her in just two days tells me he is terrified of her and the doom she spells for his campaign.

If Individual-1 wasn't naturally prone to panic and desperation, I'd see this as a good sign that the GOP's extreme voter suppression tactics won't be enough. Alas, it's hard to get a read on the Party when their Great Leader continually comes unglued.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard or read about the questions concerning Sen. Harris' natural-born status or lack of it before anything that came from the President. Anyway, Sen. John McCain was subjected to the same scrutiny or attack from the other political party, and so was Sen. Ted Cruz.

So it's not as though the Republicans or this president have anything to apologize for if it comes up again.
What are the questions concerning her natural-born status?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,590.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oakland has (er, had) a Black Hole, maybe that counts in Trump's mind?

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Trump probably confused Oakland with Calcutta because of this. Far more excusable than most of what he says.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,590.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What are the questions concerning her natural-born status?

She has more than one drop of black blood and has set foot outside of the United States. That is enough for many Trump supporters.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
She has more than one drop of black blood and has set foot outside of the United States. That is enough for many Trump supporters.
I vaguely recall Trump promising to end birthright citizenship by executive order. What ever happened to that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟73,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I heard or read about the questions concerning Sen. Harris' natural-born status or lack of it before anything that came from the President. Anyway, Sen. John McCain was subjected to the same scrutiny or attack from the other political party, and so was Sen. Ted Cruz.

So it's not as though the Republicans or this president have anything to apologize for if it comes up again.
McCain's natural born status was challenged in the courts by Fred Hollander a registered republican from New Hampshire.

Ted Cruz' eligibility to be president was questioned by Cruz's eligibility was questioned by some of his primary opponents, including Donald Trump , Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Carly Fiorina, and Rand Paul.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What did Trump's mouthpiece say about Ted Cruz?
5728c79452bcd021008c066b

ted-cruz-father-jfk-assassin-lee-harvey-oswald-1.jpg

Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also saw a poster describe her as “not ladylike.” Here we go...

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Sen. Ted Cruz made no bones about holding dual citizenship as a result of being born in Canada of American parents. I believe that at one point he renounced his Canadian citizenship. I don't recall any serious attack on him on birther grounds.
Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother!

Despite Trump and the "birthers" having spent 5 years in their efforts to undermine Barack Obama's constitutional authority to be President, the Republicans were remarkably silent when Cruz announced he was running for President!

Cruz failed to do his due diligence and was unaware that he still had dual Canadian/American until that revelation was made public by a Dallas newspaper!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother!

Despite Trump and the "birthers" having spent 5 years in their efforts to undermine Barack Obama's constitutional authority to be President, the Republicans were remarkably silent when Cruz announced he was running for President!

Cruz failed to do his due diligence and was unaware that he still had dual Canadian/American until that revelation was made public by a Dallas newspaper!

The pattern where republicans have super strict and almost impossible standards.... for other people, should not have been missed by anyone over the past few years.

• Agree
Upvote 0