• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Donald recycles Birther arguments against Kamala Harris.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by TLK Valentine, Aug 14, 2020.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    Trump And His Campaign Amplify 'Birther' Conspiracy Against Kamala Harris

One trick Donald at it again...

Thoughts?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,313
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes, I was taking care of my nephews and niece. The baby daddy to the last two children, was totally in to this craziness and brain washing crap by Trump.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  3. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+10,111
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,602
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Apparently, if you can't find fault with what he said, go after him for what he didn't say. He's under no obligation to comment on Eastman's article if he doesn't want to.

5. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 contemplative humanist Supporter

+11,986
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    It's a dog whistle for xenophobia. It's not meant to be a factual statement, Trump is communicating if you are ethnically Jamaican or Indian, you aren't a real American. His base understands this, even if it baffles the rest of us how somebody can say such an obvious lie with a straight face.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,550
    Anglican
    Married
    I heard or read about the questions concerning Sen. Harris' natural-born status or lack of it before anything that came from the President. Anyway, Sen. John McCain was subjected to the same scrutiny or attack from the other political party, and so was Sen. Ted Cruz.

So it's not as though the Republicans or this president have anything to apologize for if it comes up again.

7. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,355
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  8. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+5,465
    Atheist
    Married

Ah, yes "two wrongs make a right" or something.

Who was it subjecting John McCain to this sort of "scrutiny" (i.e filthy lies)?

"McCain’s deputy campaign manager, Roy Fletcher, told me that by the morning after the New Hampshire vote “we had all kinds of stuff coming into the Washington headquarters. They were already spreading all this crap about McCain.… We knew right then we had a problem: These guys are gonna go nuts. … It was pretty obvious they’d laid a plan for South Carolina, to start immediately. Just boom! Go at him as hard and as vicious as you can.”

The Trashing of John McCain

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+26,550
    Anglican
    Married
    No one said anything about two wrongs making a right. Rather, it's that raising this question is not unthinkable now that people in both parties have made it (natural born citizenship) an issue.

10. Jimmy D

+5,465
    Atheist
    Married
    Nice phrasing, are you endorsing these birther lies or not?

11. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,818
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I can find plenty of fault with what he actually said.

No, McCain and Cruz weren't subject to "the same scrutiny or attack from the other political party." Concerns were raised because McCain was born outside of the US and because, as I've pointed out numerous times, Cruz' immigration status is exactly what the Birthers alleged Obama's to be (i.e. born outside the US to a foreign father and American mother). But neither were subject to anything approaching the same scrutiny or concern that Obama was.

12. Jimmy D

+5,465
    Atheist
    Married
    You forgot to answer my question about who was subjecting McCain to those lies. Let me jog your memory, it was part of Bush's campaign.

Who was smearing Cruz exactly, apart from Donald that is?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,228
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Birther stuff is just a "not one of us - not really American" smear.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 contemplative humanist Supporter

+11,986
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    I don't remember it being as partisan an issue with John McCain. More of a curiosity.

He has alot to be sorry for as he's played these racist dog-whistles before.

15. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,228
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Deployed against kind of darker looking Americans with non-Biblical/Anglo-Saxon names.

16. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,686
    Agnostic
    Single
    Your agreement and approval is noted.

17. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,228
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    "I've heard there are questions about...."

That^^^ is the goal here. Just get the worm into people's minds. Obviously there's no actual doubt about Harris's proper citizenship.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+14,109
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    No, she's Canadian. That business of being born in California is a fake and I won't believe otherwise until I see her Oakland long-form birth certificate and maybe not even then. Oakland is a left-wing city and Jerry Brown was even mayor of it, so you can't trust them.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,355
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Draft dodging Trump accused McCain of not being heroic in combat.

Trump whose third wife’s father was a communist wanted everyone to know Ted Cruz‘s father was a communist.

20. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,494
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Sen. Ted Cruz made no bones about holding dual citizenship as a result of being born in Canada of American parents. I believe that at one point he renounced his Canadian citizenship. I don't recall any serious attack on him on birther grounds.