Donald: "people would revolt" if impeached...

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He won't be impeached, and if he will be impeached it's not gonna fly.
They've got nothing on him.
He has everything on them though, hence the panic.
Is gaslighting like this really expected to work on people?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd rather wait until he loses the next election, then throw him in jail...along with whatever fringe wants to go with him.
He's rich and older. I think he will get a slap on the hand. Unless the jury is to star struck. Or full of Trump supporters. To convict him. He might not end up serving time. Personally I'm more conserned about the environment protections he plans on getting rid of, And the damage he's will cause .Before he gets out of the white house.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's rich and older. I think he will get a slap on the hand. Unless the jury is to star struck. Or full of Trump supporters. To convict him. He might not end up serving time.
He might just pardon himself, but barring that, I think he'll have any sentence commuted because of his health, newly discovered senility and "for the good of the nation".

Personally I'm more conserned about the environment protections he plans on getting rid of, And the damage he's will cause .Before he gets out of the white house.
Yes, that's worrisome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He won't be impeached, and if he will be impeached it's not gonna fly.
They've got nothing on him.
He has everything on them though, hence the panic.

“X definitely won’t happen, but if it does.....”

Is that you Donald...?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would guess, about 25 to 30% of the population would stick with dandy don no matter what. Most, would have no problem with impeachment.

With that said, impeaching is one thing, getting the 2/3 vote required to convict, will be a lot harder than most believe.

Agreed.

Even after both Nixon and Agnew had revealed themselves to be crooks, they still enjoyed a significant minority of support as they left the White House in disgrace.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.

Even after both Nixon and Agnew had revealed themselves to be crooks, they still enjoyed a significant minority of support as they left the White House in disgrace.

This is how I see it.

At a minimum, trump is going to be a lame duck president for the remainder of his term. At worst, he will be impeached and charges will be filed against him, when removed from office.

Somewhere is the middle, there may be enough to impeach with the dems running the house, then the senate will not have the 2/3 votes to convict, like with clinton.

What happens, will all come down to what mueller has and how serious the charges are they have quality evidence for.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is how I see it.

At a minimum, trump is going to be a lame duck president for the remainder of his term. At worst, he will be impeached and charges will be filed against him, when removed from office.

Somewhere is the middle, there may be enough to impeach with the dems running the house, then the senate will not have the 2/3 votes to convict, like with clinton.

What happens, will all come down to what mueller has and how serious the charges are they have quality evidence for.

Yep. The only way that the 2/3 could be achieved is if a significant number of Republican Senators find a ‘conscience’ as Trump’s crimes are revealed. And that will only happen if they feel their re-election chances are threatened by continuing to support him. Public opinion will be important...

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"The people will not revolt. They will not look up from their screens..." George Orwell

True. Donald’s loyal fans will sleepwalk through anything he directs them to...

And my Orwell quote below captures the atmosphere that surrounds this corrupt administration...

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And my Orwell quote below captures the atmosphere that surrounds this corrupt administration...

Trump's evangelical supporters have excused and dismissed his irrational and immoral behavior for a long time now, even before he was elected. After all, he did say he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and he wouldn't lose any voters. On the hand, if he was a Democratic president, it would be an entirely different story and he would have been condemned already by his now loyal Christian Right supporters. They would have condemned him like they did Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exclusive: Trump says he is not concerned about being impeached, defends payments to women | Reuters

I can't even find people around here willing to admit they support Donald, but for giggles, I'll ask: Is anyone here going to be revolting if Donald does, in fact, get impeached?

I think it would make people even more likely to vote Republican in the next presidential election in order to put a Republican right back in the White House if Trump were impeached AND removed. We've seen similar things in the past. When a democrat president or congress does something that the majority of the public doesn't like such as gun bans or forcing them into a healh care program they object to, the result is that the conservative voters will show up at the polls in greater numbers.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I couldn't agree more, with your sentiment at least. Our country has become so polarized, a very apparent and well defined delineation exists between political perspectives. It has come to the point, that both sides arguments and those who hold to those arguments, are so well defined that there is no question of who is who, or what argument is from what group. Because of this, neither side has any room to backpedal. All intentions are well stated, and inherently known by all on either side, concerning the other side. So only time will tell who is speaking into the dark, and who is sleepwalking, stumbling in that darkness.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it would make people even more likely to vote Republican in the next presidential election in order to put a Republican right back in the White House if Trump were impeached AND removed. We've seen similar things in the past. When a democrat president or congress does something that the majority of the public doesn't like such as gun bans or forcing them into a healh care program they object to, the result is that the conservative voters will show up at the polls in greater numbers.

Maybe.

But IME, most conservatives are already pretty motivated and AFAIK their turnout rates are pretty good. I have to imagine that most anybody who would vote Republican to spite an impeachment would already have been likely to vote anyways. Rather, it's the disinterested Democrats and all the people in the middle who swing the election.

*None of this should be interpreted to mean that I don't think the Democrats can blow it.

Upvote 0