Donald: "people would revolt" if impeached...

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Exclusive: Trump says he is not concerned about being impeached, defends payments to women | Reuters

“It’s hard to impeach somebody who hasn’t done anything wrong and who’s created the greatest economy in the history of our country,” Trump told Reuters in an Oval Office interview.

“I’m not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened,” he said.

I can't even find people around here willing to admit they support Donald, but for giggles, I'll ask: Is anyone here going to be revolting if Donald does, in fact, get impeached?

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well there's also people who revolt when they can't order breakfast after breakfast hours at fast food places. Sure there's people who'd revolt about Donald being impeached. Who cares.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He won't be impeached, and if he will be impeached it's not gonna fly.
They've got nothing on him.
He has everything on them though, hence the panic.

Lmbo. Trump is constantly tweeting out crap he doesn't even take the time to read over, having these great big hissy fits on Twitter. At 3, 4 in the morning. He constantly shows how much he is panicking.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump did say he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and he wouldn't lose any voters, so maybe his most devout religious followers would revolt if he got impeached.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exclusive: Trump says he is not concerned about being impeached, defends payments to women | Reuters

I can't even find people around here willing to admit they support Donald, but for giggles, I'll ask: Is anyone here going to be revolting if Donald does, in fact, get impeached?

Well since I am poor and live nowhere near the D.C. area the only revolting I could so is online, which wouldn't amount to much more than whining and complaining which wouldn't amount to more than a good laugh for someone else so personally I will not be involved in a revolt, but I would not at all be surprised if there were a sizable revolt comparable to other revolts from the past.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

You do realize that "impeachment" does not mean "removed from office."

It means to be charged by the House of Representatives.

We have had two presidents impeached: Andrew Johnson and William Clinton. They were tried by the Senate, but were not found guilty of the charges.

• Useful
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You do realize that "impeachment" does not mean "removed from office."

It means to be charged by the House of Representatives.

We have had two presidents impeached: Andrew Johnson and William Clinton. They were tried by the Senate, but were not found guilty of the charges.

I realize that --- whether Donald realizes that, I neither know nor care.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
For the record, I do not favor impeachment proceedings. My reasoning may differ from others. I would rather he be kept in check for the remainder of his one term and then consider it good riddance when he's gone.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
For the record, I do not favor impeachment proceedings. My reasoning may differ from others. I would rather he be kept in check for the remainder of his one term and then consider it good riddance when he's gone.

I generally agree but could change my mind if major crimes were uncovered.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump did say he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and he wouldn't lose any voters, so maybe his most devout religious followers would revolt if he got impeached.

I remember watching a short video byte of him saying that as a running candidate and thinking what nutty a thing to say, but I suspect is has a context, especially running against a nutty Clinton.

Btw, are Christian "seekers" devout or religious? Just curious.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I would guess, about 25 to 30% of the population would stick with dandy don no matter what. Most, would have no problem with impeachment.

With that said, impeaching is one thing, getting the 2/3 vote required to convict, will be a lot harder than most believe.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would guess, about 25 to 30% of the population would stick with dandy don no matter what. Most, would have no problem with impeachment.

Only roughly half of Americans, part of the electoral college majority would be rather upset.

With that said, impeaching is one thing, getting the 2/3 vote required to convict, will be a lot harder than most believe.

Harder? Try next to impossible considering the seats in the Senate. Enjoy the next two years of political gridlock and bickering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only roughly half of Americans, part of the electoral college majority would be rather upset.

Harder? Try next to impossible considering the seats in the Senate. Enjoy the next two years of political gridlock and bickering.

It depends what they have on donald and the evidence. If his wrong doings are egrigious enough, he will become toxic and even some republicans will vote to convict, to save their own political lives.

In the end though, it will take quite a lot, to get 2/3 vote to convict.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well since I am poor and live nowhere near the D.C. area the only revolting I could so is online, which wouldn't amount to much more than whining and complaining which wouldn't amount to more than a good laugh for someone else so personally I will not be involved in a revolt, but I would not at all be surprised if there were a sizable revolt comparable to other revolts from the past.
Like what revolts? How do you revolt over something that is not happening to you? Do you mean protests and demonstrations or riots?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Like what revolts? How do you revolt over something that is not happening to you? Do you mean protests and demonstrations or riots?

Oh, I don't know since this subject is all speculation at this point.

Upvote 0