Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
who’s blaming the government? I’m specifically blaming trump. He encouraged his staff, his supporters and his family to do a dangerous foolish thing against all professional advice. Neither Biden nor Hillary has ever done something so idiotic, in fact they both recommend wearing the mask and doing other preventive methods.
Trump is the government so long as he is President. Everyone around him is an adult, they should be free to make their own decisions. The fact is the masks don't work, they're nothing but a prop to make you think you're protecting yourself and that state and local governments are doing something when they aren't doing anything.

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I care about my fellow man by caring for their freedom and liberty. I've already had the virus, it was literally nothing. That's the case for the overwhelming majority of people who get it, they're either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.

It is not the duty of Christians to accept dictatorial declarations from government when we live in a republic. The masks don't work, they never did and they never will. It is grownup to recognize that they don't work and push back at claims from other Christians and the government that not wearing something that doesn't work is criminal.

2000 people a day do not find it mild, nor do the doctors that are quitting due to the stress of dealing with selfish children. Right now across the country hospitals are filling up. I highly doubt Jesus will call you a good and faithful servant while you allow thousands to die by not doing your part.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It isn't my job to protect you from an illness.

That’s like me saying “it’s not my job not to sucker punch you in the face, If you don’t see it coming that’s just your own tough luck, you’re an adult, you deserve to be hit for not looking out for it”

Blaming Trump for his son getting the virus is ridiculous. Blaming government for the spread of the virus is absurd.

And that’s like me saying, “blaming me for punching you in the face is ridiculous and absurd. I have the absolute right to swing my fists anywhere I want, and, as an adult capable of being responsible for looking out for your own safety, if they land on your face it’s your own fault not mine”

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
maybe told people to wear masks, pushed for better coloberation between states in handling the pandemic. Not actively fought against any attempts time and time again to control it. Maybe not denegrate biden and others for wearing masks. Trump didn't just do nothing, he actively worked gainst the pandemic. Funny how most other countries did leagues better then the US.

He hasn't been to a single pandemic briefing in months, he seems to be completely ignoring the issues.

Every year I had to pay for ppe training for my employees. We were never allowed to wear those masks for virus protection. I just read a story about new Mexico closing grocery stores. This is getting out of hand. Fear is driving policy instead of common sense.

• Winner
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every year I had to pay for ppe training for my employees. We were never allowed to wear those masks for virus protection. I just read a story about new Mexico closing grocery stores. This is getting out of hand. Fear is driving policy instead of common sense.

I wonder why people are afraid of 2k people dying a day, 204k people infected, going into the worst time of the year for spreading the flu and other diseases. When around half the population isn't doing anything to prevent it. At this rate hospitals will collapse, and could be 350-400k dead by end of the year at this rate.

At this point wearing a mask is better then not, it's all about trying to save lives.

• Informative
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I care about my fellow man by caring for their freedom and liberty. I've already had the virus, it was literally nothing. That's the case for the overwhelming majority of people who get it, they're either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.

It is not the duty of Christians to accept dictatorial declarations from government when we live in a republic. The masks don't work, they never did and they never will. It is grownup to recognize that they don't work and push back at claims from other Christians and the government that not wearing something that doesn't work is criminal.

Sorry but they do work. That is the opinion of the overwhelming majority of the medical community.

It's good fortune that the virus was "literally nothing" for you. More than 250,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the US alone.

Unless you have scientific proof (which you didn't post) why are you so insistent that people risk their lives and follow your dangerous opinion?

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a virus out there and it can kill people and people can take precautions. I'd never tell anyone what they should do about it. I avoid crowds. I wear a mask in a store-mostly to just comply with the rules. I don't get into anyone's face. I also take care of myself. If someone has a compromised immune system because they've been living like an alley cat for 20 years and then they get sick, good luck trying to put the blame elsewhere.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know what is so upsetting and scary? People online are rejoicing on the fact that Don Jr. got covid. This really upsetting. Why can't we can't we disagree without wishing harm on a human being who we disagree with created in God's image? Sometimes I hate politics. I keep seeing responses like, I hope things don't go well with him. Why on earth will they wish that? I wouldn't want someone to say that to me, or my family.

Donald Trump Jr. Tests Positive for Coronavirus, Is In Quarantine (msn.com)
It's hardly surprising. Most people will eventually catch Covid. It's a global pandemic. It has to run its course.
As for people wishing harm or illness or death on him... that's just how some people are. Full of hate and violence.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a virus out there and it can kill people and people can take precautions. I'd never tell anyone what they should do about it. I avoid crowds. I wear a mask in a store-mostly to just comply with the rules. I don't get into anyone's face. I also take care of myself. If someone has a compromised immune system because they've been living like an alley cat for 20 years and then they get sick, good luck trying to put the blame elsewhere.

ahhh yes the good old, "it's all your fault you got sick." such wonderful loving sentiment from the right. What ever happened to being pro life, or is it just babies the right cares about. 2000 alley cats dying a day huh?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Cherry picking countries doesn't prove anything. Britain and Italy both have higher per capita death rates despite their outrageous infringement on individual freedom and business. Belgium has over double the per capita death rate compared to Sweden despite massive regulations on people's lives.

Here in the US 90% of the country has absurd mask orders yet we're approaching 200k daily new positive cases. They clearly aren't working, which is hardly surprising considering the virus is 100 times smaller than the space between threads of fabric. The lockdowns don't work because they aren't sustainable and are completely unenforceable in nations where people value freedom.

Look at your boxes of blue, surgical masks. All of them. The ones most people are buying and using in the millions right now.

The box will say something like this: The masks are designed for general sanitary purposes only. They are non-medical and are not proven to reduce the transmission of diseases. Single-use masks.

And yet, "mask hysteria" continues to reign.

At least the mask manufacturing companies are making a killing :D

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but they do work. That is the opinion of the overwhelming majority of the medical community.

It wasn't the opinion of the medical community up until April or May of 2020. That's why we had Fauci and the CDC saying "masks don't work" and "we don't recommend masks". Masks provide minimal protection at best. The mask makers themselves put it right on the packaging: "Does not provide protection against diseases" or something similar. It's not as if the medical professionals didn't know how masks worked or didn't work before Covid. Masks are nothing new. The medical community only changed its tune when the public began to freak out and demand action and answers. The sudden switch to "Okay, masks work, everyone get a mask!" was nothing but an attempt to subdue mass hysteria with a gesture that was largely placebo in its usefulness. Hence the constant rise in cases, no matter how many masks people slap on their faces.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ahhh yes the good old, "it's all your fault you got sick." such wonderful loving sentiment from the right. What ever happened to being pro life, or is it just babies the right cares about. 2000 alley cats dying a day huh?
Don't waste your time.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It wasn't the opinion of the medical community up until April or May of 2020. That's why we had Fauci and the CDC saying "masks don't work" and "we don't recommend masks". Masks provide minimal protection at best. The mask makers themselves put it right on the packaging: "Does not provide protection against diseases" or something similar. It's not as if the medical professionals didn't know how masks worked or didn't work before Covid. Masks are nothing new. The medical community only changed its tune when the public began to freak out and demand action and answers. The sudden switch to "Okay, masks work, everyone get a mask!" was nothing but an attempt to subdue mass hysteria with a gesture that was largely placebo in its usefulness. Hence the constant rise in cases, no matter how many masks people slap on their faces.

Man you guys are a broken record, why the heck are you whining about what he said 8 months ago, guess what they realized they were wrong, and now at a time 2k people are dying a day you want to harp on something said almost a year ago?

and for the billionth time viral particles are in spit that stops them. How about doing your best to NOT kill everyone in your country. the US is the definition of the nirvana fallacy. If it isn't 100% don't even bother. Can only save 100k, bahhh needs to be everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anyone at all is going to get the virus because of me. Except maybe my wife, but she takes her own precautions and takes care of herself so I don't see any reason to feel any personal guilt regarding any of it. People get sick and die for all kinds of mysterious reasons. Through no fault of anyone's. As long as I do what I feel is prudent my conscience is clean and if I see someone acting recklessly, I am not his master. It's up to him what he does. I don't expect anyone to follow me and I take no responsibility for the choices of others.

• Agree
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think anyone at all is going to get the virus because of me. Except maybe my wife, but she takes her own precautions and takes care of herself so I don't see any reason to feel any personal guilt regarding any of it. People get sick and die for all kinds of mysterious reasons. Through no fault of anyone's. As long as I do what I feel is prudent my conscience is clean and if I see someone acting recklessly, I am not his master. It's up to him what he does. I don't expect anyone to follow me and I take no responsibility for the choices of others.

2000 people died yesterday for mysterious reasons, hospitals are full for bizarre mysterious reasons that no one can comprehend....listen to yourself speak.

• Agree
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Man you guys are a broken record, why the heck are you whining about what he said 8 months ago, guess what they realized they were wrong, and now at a time 2k people are dying a day you want to harp on something said almost a year ago?

and for the billionth time viral particles are in spit that stops them. How about doing your best to NOT kill everyone in your country. the US is the definition of the nirvana fallacy. If it isn't 100% don't even bother. Can only save 100k, bahhh needs to be everyone.

Your tantrums are delicious.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So Don Jr. got a cold. It’s kind of ridiculous even talking about it. He is not in the vulnerable group.

Okay

The point of this thread isn't about Don Jr. having covid. The point of this thread, well the main point of this thread, is to talk about whether or not we should rejoice when someone we disagree with gets sick. Of course, it is obvious that we shouldn't. But how do we respond when other people do? Personally, I think it is very important to discuss that. For example, we may disagree with certain people about marriage, or about transgenderism; and we may teach our children that this is wrong and evil, but do we teach our children on how to respond to people that we disagree with? I actually think that is very important to discuss.

Whether you think the virus is no big deal or not is none of my business. I did not ask you if you felt the virus was a big deal. I respect the fact that people don't feel it's a big deal. Do I disagree with them? Yes. But I am not going to change their minds about how they feel about this virus and neither are they going to change my mind.

But I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I will say I do not care, I think the trumps are buffoons but I am not gonna wish harm on them. Honestly I would say he brought it on himself. I have watched the Trumps treat covid like a joke that know one should worry about. Well it is what it is.

Well, I have never been a Trump fan myself. I have gotten upset at things that he has said myself. And I respect your opinion or your feelings about Trump.

I guess I just did not understand why people online were laughing about it. It is devastating when other people laugh at your misfortune.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.