Don’t take advantage of the evil that fall on your enemies. Rather, love them.

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don’t take advantage of the evil that fall on your enemies. Rather, love them.

• “Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thy heart be glad when he is overthrown; lest Jehovah see it, and *it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him*.” (Proverbs 24.17,18).

• “Do not see with pleasure your brother's evil day, the day of his fate, and do not be glad over the children of Judah on the day of their destruction, or make wide your mouth on the day of trouble. Do not go into the doors of my people on the day of their downfall; do not be looking on their trouble with pleasure on the day of their downfall, or put your hands on their goods on the day of their downfall. And do not take your place at the cross-roads, cutting off those of his people who get away; and do not give up to their haters those who are still there in the day of trouble. For the day of the Lord is coming quickly on all nations: *as you have done it will be done to you; the reward of your acts will come on your head*.” (Obadiah 12-15).

Understand: if your enemy fell, it came about because of the wrath of the Creator:

“And I am very sore displeased with the nations that are at ease; for *I was but a little displeased*, and *they helped forward the affliction*.” (Zechariah 1.15).

Nonetheless, this don’t give us the right of taxing, oppressing or explore them:

• “*To crush under his feet all the prisoners of the earth*. To turn aside the right of a man before the face of the most High, to subvert a man in his cause, the LORD approves not.” (Lamentations 3.34-36).

• “I was wroth with my people, I profaned mine inheritance, and gave them into thy hand: thou didst show them no mercy; *upon the aged hast thou very heavily laid thy yoke*.” (Isaiah 47.6).

If Jesus delivers someone in our hands, His desire is to redeem this transgressor:

• “You have knowledge that it was said, Have love for your neighbour, and hate for him who is against you: but I say to you, Have love for those who are against you, and make prayer for those who are cruel to you; *so that you may be the sons of your Father in heaven*; for his sun gives light to the evil and to the good, and he sends rain on the upright man and on the sinner.” (Matthew 5.43-45).

So, if you wish to live what Jesus conquer for you (for instance, Matthew 6.33), you need to take on the will of Jesus to you, namely, save the sinners (instead of destroying them). See these excerpts:

• “And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, will you that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elijah did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, *all of you know not what manner of spirit all of you are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them*. And they went to another village.” (Luke 9.52-56).

• “If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; And if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: for thou wilt heap coals of fire upon his head, and Jehovah will reward thee.” (Proverbs 25.21,22).

So, seek out the will of Jesus for your enemies and live a day fraught of the affluent provision of food, drink and anointment from Jesus Christ (Psalms 23.5).

Reactions: Jeshu

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for raising this subject.

Oh did i often struggle being true to the word here! And still i battle my old ways at times. People can be so incredible evil and cause so much pain and suffering, and wicked people can be so ignorant of the misery they bring up out of the abyss.

i found that Jesus' advise was best when it comes to loving our enemies. He taught me to bless the person fallen in sin, and curse the sin they have fallen in, simply love it to be gone.

Amazing what happened in my heart when i started doing that. i learned to love people and hate evil. The best part cursing evil in sinful peoples hearts, is that it frees fallen sinners from their sin, and brings God's graceful love and good life, instead of generating bad life. Even if that was only true in my own heart.

For where i once self righteously judged and condemned people, i now humble serve Jesus. Honest! Jesus wiped me out entirely judging sinners, and grew me new life there instead, where i learned to bless people and love them to be free from their sins and alive in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

Upvote 0