✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have these on/off periods where I feel the lords presence and then I don’t

Currently I don’t feel him and I feel like he doesn’t hear me, please pray for him to turn his face to me

Please don't make the same mistake i did for many years thinking feeling God's nearness meant i was good and not feeling His nearness meant God was angry with me. This is simply not true. i suffer from a depressive illness and often feel downish and low this were the times i couldn't feel the Lord and that made my lows much worse.

When i got really depressed i was in the pit for seven years and thought God had cursed me to hell for all that time i couldn't feel Him. Yet it was God Himself who finally managed to get it through to me that God is always besides us and near us for we have our very being in Him and from Him. Acts 17:28 It is about believing the truth over and above what you feel.

i struggled with this for many years but managed to climb out of my pit and suffer my depressive illness with God's nearness assured no matter how depressed i get. All because i believe the bible when Jesus tells us that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

So try believing that God's presence is not conditioned on your feeling world and believe that Jesus is with you even though you feel that He isn't. Keep communicating your inner deadness to Him and ask Him to fill that with His presence. Have faith He will come soon, just as He says.

Please learn to stay in His truth and ignore your feelings that don't align with God's truth, such feelings keep us away from God's love.

Praying you find Him in your inner darkness

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Currently I don’t feel him and I feel like he doesn’t hear me, please pray for him to turn his face to me
Praying, my friend! As others have said, don't confuse spiritual dryness with God being angry with you. Not true at all!

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
May Christ dwell in your heart(s) through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Faith is believing God's Word and His promises to you whether you feel close to God or not. If your belief depends on how you feel, then you are not exercising faith, and without faith it is impossible to please the Lord. If God's Word says that Jesus sticks closer to us than a brother, and that He said that He would never leave us nor forsake us, then that is true matter whether we feel close to God or far away. God often allows people to feel far away so they don't trust in their feelings but place their trust in God's Word. "Thy Word have I hid in my heart so that I won't sin against Thee".

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes I too had times like this. I believe this is great opportunity to have your faith grow in the Lord. I have recently began praying numerous times a day and I feel absolutely so much better then I used to. My anger, pride and pent up emotions have began to vanish. I now have so much peace when only days ago I felt so helpless. Just one thought I wanted to share with you. Ever single word you speak in your heart is heard by the Lord. I speak to God all the time when im working when im playing when im alone and resting. Today I began speaking from a place of humility instead of treating God like he was just my friend like I used to do for years. It helps to keep myself subservient to him constantly asking for his mercy and reminds me that I own him everything that I have. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0