Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
can't see the video, so have no idea what he's saying.
But Paul wrote, 'if you won't work, then you don't eat'
So unless he's got some Spiritual message. What the bible says is Get A Job!

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well creative people might tend to need room for their creativity to flourish and if they can somehow manage to not have a normal job and provide for themselves then that's great for them.

I agree with the guy in the sense that life should be more than endless toil. life is often more than that but to eliminate the less awesome parts of life sounds like a good idea. hopefully technology will keep easing the human burden.

I could imagine a future where we have flying homes with an infinite power source. we could travel anywhere in the world. I guess by that point we would probably be wanting the world to be as beautiful as possible.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the guy in the sense that life should be more than endless toil.
As the saying goes, "You work to live; don't live to work."
hopefully technology will keep easing the human burden.
This is a two-edged sword. Ever read "Player Piano" (by Kurt Vonnegut)? Technology has the tendency to eliminate jobs.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This is a two-edged sword. Ever read "Player Piano" (by Kurt Vonnegut)? Technology has the tendency to eliminate jobs.

I never read the book. I know that some people fear that eventually all the low IQ jobs will be fully automated. higher IQ jobs are being replaced by AI, lol.

sometimes job elimination is a good thing. did you ever wish you could be a coal miner like some of the people in the past were? boy would that be fun to crawl a mile to get to work and then get black lung and die.

or, don't you wish we still had slavery? that way they could pick the cotton still instead of we doing it faster with machines. but it is a double edged sword...

I don't know how humanity will do it but eventually we won't need money. if humans keep going on we shall eventually either destroy ourselves or perfect necessity.

that dystopia is a real threat and it's kind of already happening. it can only happen because peoples inner conditions are already in some measure like the thing they are enslaved to.

most of the wealth already goes to a 1% and 1% of that 1 % has most of that wealth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Tell that to the workers. Work is what they do.

I have many skills, but if asked what I do for a living I would answer......I work. A good attitude toward work is healthy, and can lead anyone to prosperity. That's a good thing.

Modern education has so denigrated physical labor that it is largely responsible for our immigration problem and the loss of jobs for many Americans.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The dude seems a little over idealistic in my view, but hey, he is entitled to his opinion. I do agree when he says, we are all born with specific innate skills that are unique to us and those are wildly varied. So, his main concern is to keep the creative juices flowing, but what he doesn't address, is creative juices just don't stop, because someone has a job.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The dude seems a little over idealistic in my view, but hey, he is entitled to his opinion. I do agree when he says, we are all born with specific innate skills that are unique to us and those are wildly varied. So, his main concern is to keep the creative juices flowing, but what he doesn't address, is creative juices just don't stop, because someone has a job.

Agree. I have the good fortune of being able to use my material and organizational creativity to enhance and improve my job productivity. My job provides the venue for work, creativity, and ministry, all in one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums