Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just for clarification, it said that 70% of allegations in a divorce situations specifically, not 70% of DV allegations overall.

I couldn't find any reasonable data on false allegations statistics at all. I would like to see a study about what the real percentage is, if there is such a study.
Just for clarification, it said that 70% of allegations in a divorce situations specifically, not 70% of DV allegations overall.

I couldn't find any reasonable data on false allegations statistics at all. I would like to see a study about what the real percentage is, if there is such a study.
Yes I did notice that. But I am really cautious of opinion pieces that hasnt been measured. My mum works with people who have been through extreme things like trauma etc. Maybe it rubs off on me so I hear about extreme situations. Ive had my own stuff too. So im happy to change my thinking with evidence but not with opinion.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also, there is another reality; a good percentage of the claims of domestic violence women claim against men, are false allegations and especially so, during divorce proceeding and or custody battles. Some women will not hesitate, to use the domestic violence or abuse card, because they know it may get them mileage.
I have no doubt that this DOES happen. Indeed, I suspect I've been a third party to it on at least two separate occasions. But how do you suggest one could ever come up with an even vaguely reliable method of determining what percentage of such accusations are true or not?

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes I did notice that. But I am really cautious of opinion pieces that hasnt been measured. My mum works with people who have been through extreme things like trauma etc. Maybe it rubs off on me so I hear about extreme situations. Ive had my own stuff too. So im happy to change my thinking with evidence but not with opinion.

Yeah. That piece was written by a lawyer who focuses on men's part on divorce situations, I think. He is naturally siding with the falsely accused dads, as he has seen the other side. Also, as a divorce lawyer, he has a business interest at stake (wants to promote image as someone who takes men's problems seriously) when talking about it, so indeed not the most reliable source.

I can't really benefit much for this topic, since I can't find any research one way or another.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But how do you suggest one could ever come up with an even vaguely reliable method of determining what percentage of such accusations are true or not?

Elimination method is a start. If 50% of the accusations can be proven to be true, then the false % must be something <50%.

And to discern with those cases left, I guess the accusations should first be divided in some kind of seriousness-cathegories to achieve at least some accuracy. With more serious accusations ("he beat me badly") the lack of physical evidence is stronger indicator for a false accusation. With lighter offenses that tend to leave no marks, well, it's a lot harder.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know of some MRA women that fight for men's rights. They already receive a lot of hate.
The radical fems would see them as traitors to their cause. Like the Jews in the German and Polish ghettos that were nazi collaborators. Selling out their own people to the enemy.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The radical fems would see them as traitors to their cause. Like the Jews in the German and Polish ghettos that were nazi collaborators. Selling out their own people to the enemy.
Citation? Or are we doing the "taking extremist outliers and conflating them with the majority " thing again?

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
☺ yea. Its hard for some to do that though. Some are threatened with murder...or their kids murder if they go to police or ever attempt to leave. The bank accounts can be in the abusers name. The car keys never given to the victim.... Im not making this up I promise you I know about this stuff.

Still your answer is nice..ty... I think you encouraging the victim is really good ☺

That's why SMART people never give up control of their lives to someone else. Keep your own money in your own bank account, and your apartment lease/deed to your house and car in your own name. I see too many people (usually women) just signing over their control over the things they have worked so hard to attain, and before they have a chance to find out what this other person is really about.

I'm 42 and I've never given anything away, nor will I ever.

• Informative
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is black Friday?

First day of the official Christmas shopping season, the day after American Thanksgiving, which is always the last Thursday in November. So named because on that day so many people go shopping that stores that may have been in the red (losing money) all year often go into the black (making a profit).

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's why SMART people never give up control of their lives to someone else. Keep your own money in your own bank account, and your apartment lease/deed to your house and car in your own name. I see too many people (usually women) just signing over their control over the things they have worked so hard to attain, and before they have a chance to find out what this other person is really about.

Doesn't really help children and adolescents born to abusive parents, since they didn't exactly choose to be the dependents of abusive people. Furthermore, what if the abuse starts after the person who is going to be abused in the relationship gets laid off, thus unintentionally becoming very dependent on the abuser, whose rage is fueled by the money troubles?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well Its here - Its white Ribbon Day. Ive heard the many comments about it focussing more on women but please...just for this Day...please acknowledge the level of domestic violence particularly against women and children and the number of murders following domestic violence.

My Message is - we all know the signs.... dont be a silent witness - Speak out - Act!!!
white-ribbon-day-say-not-to-domestic-violence.jpg

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
and the number of murders following domestic violence.
Do you realize, that even when there is no domestive violence in a family,
if the government[police,dvis,dhs,any agency] gets involved for any reason,
the chance for trouble, break-up of family, actual violence and murder more than doubles !?
(from statistics over a decade ago in Washington.)

i.e. the government and such agencies is NOT a solution.
That's not even a band-aid.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you realize, that even when there is no domestive violence in a family,
if the government[police,dvis,dhs,any agency] gets involved for any reason,
the chance for trouble, break-up of family, actual violence and murder more than doubles !?
(from statistics over a decade ago in Washington.)

i.e. the government and such agencies is NOT a solution.
That's not even a band-aid.
This is a thread about domestic violence. It is a criminal offence. Children need to be protected. That means for cases where men become violent and wont change, they need to face the law, the women need agencies to provide emergency protection, and children at all times need to be protected even if that means intervention from government agencies.

Your suggesting that women and children facing violence in the home shouldn't seek help. THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGE TO TELL THESE PEOPLE. Quite the opposite we are trying to break down the silence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Meanwhile men report it all the time. Obviously they would, in a culture that takes it so much more seriously!

No, no-one has said that. What has been said is that the problem of domestic violence is not limited to one gender. The point is that men suffer too and women can be perps too.

As ever, when someone thinks a statement saying "men are victims too" is really an attempt to say "men suffer, women are the true offenders" then likely what they really think is "women suffer, men are the true offenders" and they're in full-on projection mode.

What you're doing is hijacking the thread though. If someone made a thread about how atheists are discriminated against by Christians in America, and was listing examples and such, how would you feel about someone who came in and started saying that the opposite happened just as often, if not more?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

That's great.

I guess those other people deserve what they get for not being smart.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe out of place, but interjecting here:
violence against unborn ones, new born ones, little children, middle age children, teens, young adults, adults, old adults ,
is
and has been practiced for a long long time, whether it is "accepted" or not. It is the official practice of society as written in Scripture.
(It is written: "all society is pernicious" (death dealng; evil; spreading evil).)
(Galatians; Revelation; Ephesians; etc etc etc)

Upvote 0