Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
< link removed by staff do to inappropriate links within the posted site >

I am feeling naughty today but I just can't help but share this. We have discussed the issue of wifely submission ad nauseum, and the subject of "domestic discipline" has cropped up occasionally.

The couple from the Marriage Bed, as other Christian and non-Christian marriage counselors, do not endorse this kind of life style. But it apparently exists out there.

The link above is a discussion group that does not require membership on the subject. There is nothing sexual in the discussion of the practice, and the author coolly discusses the reasons behind domestic discipline from a psychologically beneficial standpoint. There are also links to Christian and Catholic sites, and others who practice this kind of role arrangement.

By the way, HOH stands for Head of Household, which is always the husband, according to traditionalists.

Quote from the link: " Another important benefit of Loving Domestic Discipline for the woman is that it allows her to experience submission. As explained in the "Submission" article, submission is central to feminine sexuality and feminine psychology. Submission is central to a woman's experience of her own femininity. Submission is the primary means by which a woman experiences sexuality, experiences sexual pleasure and experiences fulfillment as a female being. A woman who has never experienced submission has never really experienced what it means to be female. She has never had a deep and genuine experience of her own femininity, because without submission she is denying her true self.

Since submission is so important for a woman and her fulfillment, it is correspondingly important that she be allowed to experience submission on a regular basis. Submission is like air, water, food, sleep or exercise: while she doesn't always need or want to experience it all the time, it is vital that she does experience it on a regular basis.

Loving Domestic Discipline gives a woman a direct and powerful experience of submission. Every time she is disciplined by her HOH, she experiences submission. Any discipline - whether it is a punishment spanking, a Maintenance Discipline, a Preemptive Discipline, a Disobedience Discipline or even a Non-Spanking Discipline - will enable her to experience submission. Every time a woman is disciplined she is required to submit to her HOH's will and her HOH's punishment. Discipline provides one of the deepest experiences of submission that a woman can have. It provides her with one of the greatest opportunities to experience her own femininity, because her femininity and the experience of submission are so intimately bound up together.

There is another important benefit of Loving Domestic Discipline in relation to submission. Not only does Loving Domestic Discipline give the woman the gift of a strong and direct experience of submission, but it also helps to teach her submission. Not all women are as submissive as they would like to be, even though they know how valuable the experience of submission is to them as women. They seek to experience deeper levels of submission so that they can experience deeper levels of their own femininity. But because of various factors including social conditioning, fears and emotional blocks, they are unable to submit as deeply to their HOH as they would like. This is quite a common experience - women who want to submit more deeply to their HOH but find themselves lacking the knowledge and experience to allow themselves to do so. "

This is the concept of taking wifely submission to the extreme and I am sure it is very rarely practiced. In our liberal society, anything between consulting, and consulting married adults is okay. But in truth, what people don't like to acknowledge, is that this practice of physically punishing the wife has its roots from older cultures and is accepted in many countries, including the middle east. The belief that women are inherently weak and sinful, and need to be chastised is an old one.

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
christalee4 said:
But in truth, what people don't like to acknowledge, is that this practice of physically punishing the wife has its roots from older cultures and is accepted in many countries, including the middle east. The belief that women are inherently weak and sinful, and need to be chastised is an old one.

It may be accepted in many countries, but that doesn't make it right IMO. I guess it's a personal choice, but I think there's a big...huge...GIGANTIC difference between DD and submission.

I don't have to be beaten or "disciplined" in any other way to be submissive to my DH.

Just my 2 cents....

Upvote 0

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Submission is the primary means by which a woman experiences sexuality, experiences sexual pleasure and experiences fulfillment as a female being. A woman who has never experienced submission has never really experienced what it means to be female. She has never had a deep and genuine experience of her own femininity, because without submission she is denying her true self.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, I know DD exists but I don't think it's right at all. There's certainly no way I need beatings, discipline or submission to experience fulfillment as a female as this article suggests.

Upvote 0

Marie D

Jan 22, 2005
✟1,297.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I used to believe in this kind of thing, it's how I was brought up. But luckily I fell in love with a man who's gentle in spirit but strong in principals who stood up against our community and said this was wrong. God created our bodies to be kissed and caressed by our husbands, not beaten and bruised.

Upvote 0

MoodyBlue

Veteran
Jun 14, 2004
Virginia
✟17,934.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
christalee4 said:
I am feeling naughty today but I just can't help but share this. We have discussed the issue of wifely submission ad nauseum, and the subject of "domestic discipline" has cropped up occasionally.

The couple from the Marriage Bed, as other Christian and non-Christian marriage counselors, do not endorse this kind of life style. But it apparently exists out there.

The link above is a discussion group that does not require membership on the subject. There is nothing sexual in the discussion of the practice, and the author coolly discusses the reasons behind domestic discipline from a psychologically beneficial standpoint. There are also links to Christian and Catholic sites, and others who practice this kind of role arrangement.

By the way, HOH stands for Head of Household, which is always the husband, according to traditionalists.

Quote from the link: " Another important benefit of Loving Domestic Discipline for the woman is that it allows her to experience submission. As explained in the "Submission" article, submission is central to feminine sexuality and feminine psychology. Submission is central to a woman's experience of her own femininity. Submission is the primary means by which a woman experiences sexuality, experiences sexual pleasure and experiences fulfillment as a female being. A woman who has never experienced submission has never really experienced what it means to be female. She has never had a deep and genuine experience of her own femininity, because without submission she is denying her true self.

Since submission is so important for a woman and her fulfillment, it is correspondingly important that she be allowed to experience submission on a regular basis. Submission is like air, water, food, sleep or exercise: while she doesn't always need or want to experience it all the time, it is vital that she does experience it on a regular basis.

Loving Domestic Discipline gives a woman a direct and powerful experience of submission. Every time she is disciplined by her HOH, she experiences submission. Any discipline - whether it is a punishment spanking, a Maintenance Discipline, a Preemptive Discipline, a Disobedience Discipline or even a Non-Spanking Discipline - will enable her to experience submission. Every time a woman is disciplined she is required to submit to her HOH's will and her HOH's punishment. Discipline provides one of the deepest experiences of submission that a woman can have. It provides her with one of the greatest opportunities to experience her own femininity, because her femininity and the experience of submission are so intimately bound up together.

There is another important benefit of Loving Domestic Discipline in relation to submission. Not only does Loving Domestic Discipline give the woman the gift of a strong and direct experience of submission, but it also helps to teach her submission. Not all women are as submissive as they would like to be, even though they know how valuable the experience of submission is to them as women. They seek to experience deeper levels of submission so that they can experience deeper levels of their own femininity. But because of various factors including social conditioning, fears and emotional blocks, they are unable to submit as deeply to their HOH as they would like. This is quite a common experience - women who want to submit more deeply to their HOH but find themselves lacking the knowledge and experience to allow themselves to do so. "

This is the concept of taking wifely submission to the extreme and I am sure it is very rarely practiced. In our liberal society, anything between consulting, and consulting married adults is okay. But in truth, what people don't like to acknowledge, is that this practice of physically punishing the wife has its roots from older cultures and is accepted in many countries, including the middle east. The belief that women are inherently weak and sinful, and need to be chastised is an old one.

It appears to me to be nothing more than standard S & M, under the guise of "Christian submission", or an attempt to justify wife-beating. Take your pick.

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
christalee4 said:
Submission is like air, water, food, sleep or exercise: while she doesn't always need or want to experience it all the time, it is vital that she does experience it on a regular basis.

lol! :D So a woman doesn't need or want to experience air all the time? :p

Reactions: jazzbird
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MoodyBlue said:
It appears to me to be nothing more than standard S & M, under the guise of "Christian submission", or an attempt to justify wife-beating. Take your pick.
I totally agree. That article makes me want to vomit...sorry, OP, I'm sure your intentions were good. :) It removes all accountability from the husbands involved and reduces the wives to little more than slaves in their own marriage. The idea that a woman should blindly hand over all control to a man who can "punish" her whenever he decides she needs it....grrrr! :mad:

It brings to mind the type of abuser who is of the attitude, "Well, if she would have acted right I wouldn't have hit her." :mad:

I agree completely with the assessment that it's either at best, S&M or, at worst, domestic abuse...and to put it under the Christian guise of "submission" is disgusting.

At least that's my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lin1235

Jana's mommy!
Mar 29, 2005
Cape Town, South Africa
✟4,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but a Christian woman who believes in submission does not EXPERIENCE submission (i.e. have it forced on her), but CHOOSES it (i.e. does it regardless of what her husband does). It's not something done to a woman!

Besides, the concept that I cannot experience sexuality without being "disciplined" is really laughable. The poor author of that document - really has no idea.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
lin1235 said:
Besides, the concept that I cannot experience sexuality without being "disciplined" is really laughable. The poor author of that document - really has no idea.

I know! That's actually more of a man thing, becoming sexually aroused through discipline and being forced to submit. Of course there are a few women like that but there are exceptions to every rule.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.