Doll Issues

Ginger Sunshyne

Devoted wife, mother, and worship leader.
Feb 2, 2017
Texas
✟16,827.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me just start out by saying this: I lived a homosexual/lesbian lifestyle before I met my husband. So I really struggle with it all. I am attracted to women. I don't think that will ever go away. But I have two young DD's. They are 4 and 3. And they play with their Frozen dolls (Anna and Elsa) and they want them to love each other and get married. I know that it's not right but I don't know what to do. I tell them that marriage is supposed to be between a man and woman. I tell them that A man marrying a woman is what pleases Jesus. Hubby and I are trying to raise them in church (neither one of us was). I just don't know how to do this (deal with this). I've brought hubby into the conversation. He tells them that marriage is between a man and woman and not sisters/women/men, etc. Is it just because they are so young that they don't understand or is this like a demonic issue that I've opened my home up to because I haven't conquered the same sex attraction issue?

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me just start out by saying this: I lived a homosexual/lesbian lifestyle before I met my husband. So I really struggle with it all. I am attracted to women. I don't think that will ever go away. But I have two young DD's. They are 4 and 3. And they play with their Frozen dolls (Anna and Elsa) and they want them to love each other and get married. I know that it's not right but I don't know what to do. I tell them that marriage is supposed to be between a man and woman. I tell them that A man marrying a woman is what pleases Jesus. Hubby and I are trying to raise them in church (neither one of us was). I just don't know how to do this (deal with this). I've brought hubby into the conversation. He tells them that marriage is between a man and woman and not sisters/women/men, etc. Is it just because they are so young that they don't understand or is this like a demonic issue that I've opened my home up to because I haven't conquered the same sex attraction issue?

This is most likely just an age issue. There's probably nothing going on with homosexuality or even sexuality in general.

It's a good opportunity to teach them more about God's design for marriage. I would tell them that marriage is when a man and a woman love each other and make a family together. But two women can still love each other as sisters and live together.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And they play with their Frozen dolls (Anna and Elsa) and they want them to love each other and get married. I know that it's not right but I don't know what to do.

There seems to be some lesbian theme in that Frozen film.

After I watched it, I don't think I'll let children watch it, especially girls.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...thinking of my own children, boy and girl who wanted at one time to marry each other at about 4 and 3 years old. I treated it lightly and with good humour. Explaining that brothers and sisters didn't marry each other. But their dolls can marry each other, it was action man at the time and Barbie, I seem to remember. Then change of subject, it is easy at that age,

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think it's something that's simply down to age. They can only comprehend so much, and that's okay.

Your best bet is just lightly addressing it consistently but not letting it become too overbearing. A constant reminder of the correct position is something that will eventually sink in.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Ginger, and welcome to CF! :) We are glad that you've joined us, and I pray you are blessed by being here! :)

As to your question, how many very young children say they want to marry their own parents, or siblings, or someone similarly close? Nearly all do, at some point. It's not a sexual issue for them (it shouldn't be, barring some abuse, God forbid). It's just a childish way of saying "I love you a lot!". Reading too much into such things and overreacting has a potential for actually causing problems where there are none.

It's good that you are vigilant and asking questions, I think. And your own problems are not an easy cross to bear. If you need help with it at any time, I hope you'll receive good guidance. But I really think your children are just being young children.

God be with you and your family. And again, welcome to CF! :)

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Its just the stage they are in developmentally. They don't fully understand gender or intimate relationships. I remember being four years old, and believing that I was going to marry my brother when I grew up. I was crushed when my mother told me I couldn't.

It doesn't mean anything. They are young children who do not understand adult relationships. As they grow up they will have a better understanding.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There seems to be some lesbian theme in that Frozen film.

After I watched it, I don't think I'll let children watch it, especially girls.

This is silly. Two sisters who love each other, or a woman who is slow (wise) about relationship choices does not equal lesbianism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is silly. Two sisters who love each other, or a woman who is slow (wise) about relationship choices does not equal lesbianism.

I think the lesbian thing thrown around by some is because Elsa doesn't have a romantic interest. So some people assume she must be a lesbian. I don't think that but that's how some people have seen it.

Upvote 0