Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
whether it's just a proverbial public slap in the face or real jail time is secondary. It's a way letting officials who are hired to do work for the government, to know there can be consequences for actions they take. Ranging from incompetence to downright purposeful abuse of the powers they have been given.

Being a retired one myself, sometimes government workers think that they can get away with most anything. Seen it all too often -- covering for each other -- protecting the Deep State.

Where I worked few got fired for their dirty deeds although some were forced into early retirement. Others should have went to jail for their misdeeds but, never were prosecuted.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did I say that?
It sounded that way to me or I wouldn't have asked. If you don't want to take my questions seriously that's OK it's not that important.
Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apparently not enough because, we need to get to the truth in regards to the Deep State and find out exactly what they did (illegally) to try and keep our President out of the White House.

Trump has repeatedly refused to allow people to testify to Congress. He's stalled on everything from his pending contracts with Putin and the oligarchs, to the contacts his campaign had with the Russians. My guess is that when people try to hide evidence, it's not evidence that would clear them.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
To what degree the persons involved are punished or not, whether it's just a proverbial public slap in the face or real jail time is secondary. It's a way letting officials who are hired to do work for the government, to know there can be consequences for actions they take. Ranging from incompetence to downright purposeful abuse of the powers they have been given.
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200213160743-flynn-trump-barr-split.jpg

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounded that way to me or I wouldn't have asked. If you don't want to take my questions seriously that's OK it's not that important.
Have a blessed day.
Congressional oversight is much different to what you were inquiring about.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Lindsey Graham asks DOJ for interviews with 17 officials in FISA abuse investigation

Sen. Lindsey Graham requested "transcribed interviews" with 17 Department of Justice and FBI employees as part of the Senate’s investigation into abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz uncovered 17 instances of abuse by DOJ and FBI officials who had investigated the Trump campaign for allegedly colluding with Russian agents to influence the 2016 election. Horowitz released his report in December.
Is this the same Senator Lindsey who stated that he wasn't interested in watching and/or reading the transcripts of the House Impeachment Hearings, and then voted not to request the appearance of any witnesses before the "so-called" Senate Trial - otherwise known as an exercise in "wilful ignorance?"

This Senator should be careful for what he wishes - he may accidently overplay his hand and uncover evidence of real collusion, instead of the "manufactured' kind that the Republicans are now trying to use as "political payback!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I'm not holding my breath in any of this. The state is very good at protecting their own. We know Clinton broke the law. We know Comey and others fraudulently obtained FISA warrants, but nothing is going to happen to anyone. I've lost faith in true justce anymore. It's all a political circus. The Dems did what they did with Trump knowing it was only a circus. The Republicans performance was a lesser act of the same circus.

I can hear the circus music playing now.

Upvote 0