Somewhere
✟36,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Department of Justice charged the Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department and two Chinese nationals in connection with aiding the People’s Republic of China on January 28, 2020. Source Link

Source: www.justice.gov/...

Dr. Charles Lieber, 60, Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, has received more than $15,000,000 in grant funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Department of Defense (DOD).

Prosecutors say Lieber agreed to conduct research, publish articles and apply for patents on behalf of China’s Wuhan University of Technology in exchange for $50,000 per month & about $150,000 in living expenses. He also received $1.5 million to establish a research lab at the Chinese university, authorities said.

Source: boston.cbslocal.com/...

"The Lieber group is focused broadly on science and technology at the nanoscale, harnessing the unique physical properties of novel nanomaterials to push scientific boundaries in biology and medicine".

Source: cml.harvard.edu/...

Hyman professor of chemistry Charles Lieber and his colleagues used nanowires to create a transistor so small that it can be used to enter and probe cells without disrupting the intracellular machinery: a bio-compatible transistor the size of a virus.

Reactions: ewq1938

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe I am saying this...but this is the wrong forum. It should be in news and current events. There's nothing "conspiracy theorish" about it at all.

With the obvious understanding the Wuhan Institute of Technology is separate from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Was there any follow up of this about the assistants? I ask because one radio dj in my area said a Chinese man was arrested at LAX with vials. I can't find anything online to verify that. The Harvard thing would not surprise me. I am disappointed that our universities have become so far left in their preaching.

Upvote 0