Northwest US
✟672,364.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My dog likes to go on bushes, regardless of body direction. I didn't see where they had an explanation of why dogs would like to point north to do their business. Maybe they just want to keep the sun out of their eyes and it has nothing at all to do with magnetic fields. I will wait for SkyWriting's analysis to give us a definitive answer!

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
True, I don't know it; but follow the data: given that many people have been occupationally exposed to it for many years, and the testing that's been done explicitly looking for carcinogenic effects without any significant findings, the evidence is strongly in favour of acetone not being the culprit.

That you choose to believe that it is despite the evidence, doesn't surprise me and suggests you don't think like a scientist.

I do not know those data at all. I only judge it by my experience. I used acetone for 3 years on a daily basis. He used it for 15 years in a same way. He died young. That is enough data for me, and my judgement is sort of scientific. On this matter, in fact, I don't trust those data you talked about.

I experienced the miracle. I can't explain it, but I do not trust those scientific reports that say miracles do not exist. Do you know why? Because I know very well on how a scientific report is written. I don't really trust those reports I myself wrote.

• Useful
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
I do not know those data at all. I only judge it by my experience. I used acetone for 3 years on a daily basis. He used it for 15 years in a same way. He died young. That is enough data for me, and my judgement is sort of scientific. On this matter, in fact, I don't trust those data you talked about.
You don't have to take my word for it, see acetone health information:
Acetone has been studied extensively and is generally recognized to have low acute and chronic toxicity if ingested and/or inhaled.
  • EPA EPCRA Delisting (1995). EPA removed acetone from the list of "toxic chemicals" maintained under Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA). In making that decision, EPA conducted an extensive review of the available toxicity data on acetone and found that acetone "exhibits acute toxicity only at levels that greatly exceed releases and resultant exposures", and further that acetone "exhibits low toxicity in chronic studies".
  • Genotoxicity. Acetone has been tested in more than two dozen in vitro and in vivo assays. These studies indicate that acetone is not genotoxic.
  • Carcinogenicity. EPA in 1995 concluded, "There is currently no evidence to suggest a concern for carcinogenicity". (EPCRA Review, described in Section 3.3). NTP scientists have recommended against chronic toxicity/carcinogenicity testing of acetone because "the prechronic studies only demonstrated a very mild toxic response at very high doses in rodents".
  • Neurotoxicity and Developmental Neurotoxicity. The neurotoxic potential of both acetone and isopropanol, the metabolic precursor of acetone, have been extensively studied. These studies demonstrate that although exposure to high doses of acetone may cause transient central nervous system effects, acetone is not a neurotoxicant. A guideline developmental neurotoxicity study has been conducted with isopropanol, and no developmental neurotoxic effects were identified, even at the highest dose tested. (SIAR, pp. 1, 25, 31).
  • Environmental. When the EPA exempted acetone from regulation as a volatile organic compound (VOC) in 1995, EPA stated that this exemption would "contribute to the achievement of several important environmental goals and would support EPA's pollution prevention efforts". 60 Fed. Reg. 31,634 (June 16, 1995). 60 Fed. Reg. 31,634 (June 16, 1995). EPA noted that acetone could be used as a substitute for several compounds that are listed as hazardous air pollutants (HAP) under section 112 of the Clean Air Act.
For full details, see the OECD Screening Information Dataset from the Environmental Protection Agency.

"Although many cases of accidental or intentional human acetone poisoning have occurred, no instances of death or permanent injury have been recorded. Appreciable quantities of acetone are continually being produced and eliminated in the body as a result of energy needs."
I experienced the miracle. I can't explain it, but I do not trust those scientific reports that say miracles do not exist. Do you know why? Because I know very well on how a scientific report is written.
You think you experienced a miracle. Give me one example of a scientific report that says miracles do not exist. You can certainly find reports that give plausible mundane explanations for particular miracle claims, but no scientific report can make such a general claim - it's a black swan problem, unfalsifiable. I don't think you do know how scientific reports should be written.

I don't really trust those reports I myself wrote.
That's understandable. You don't seem to have a clear understanding of how science works.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, I don't know it; but follow the data: given that many people have been occupationally exposed to it for many years, and the testing that's been done explicitly looking for carcinogenic effects without any significant findings, the evidence is strongly in favour of acetone not being the culprit.

That you choose to believe that it is despite the evidence, doesn't surprise me and suggests you don't think like a scientist.

It's not even possible that you checked:

. Long-term exposure can result in dry, cracked skin and possible damage to the nervous system.

[Warning Specific target organ toxicity, single exposure; Narcotic effects]

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
It's not even possible that you checked:

. Long-term exposure can result in dry, cracked skin and possible damage to the nervous system.

[Warning Specific target organ toxicity, single exposure; Narcotic effects]
I checked (did you read the OECD Screening Dataset?). Both acute and chronic exposure effects are considered relatively innocuous compared to the majority of other industrial solvents in common use, also including aerosol propellants for wider public use.

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
... It makes me wonder about esoteric things like Ley-lines and the ilk, if magnetic fields have more influence on animal behaviour or even human behaviour, than we think.
The esoteric, as in inner meaning of dog (in a positive sense), is spiritual attentiveness or watchfulness (Matthew 26:41). Watchfulness guards the spiritual sheep, I mean our thoughts of what is good and true that the mind, the spiritual shepherd, pastures in the fields of scripture. Since the winds of temptations (Ephesians 4:14), like wolves come from the south (Luke 12:55), it is fitting for the spiritual dog to spray or rather pray his territory towards the direction of the enemy or specifically in the direction of those passions (evil habits) of this earth (flesh) of ours, as if magnetic fields, that polarize the desire of our heart (compass).

It is also possible to interpret the dog in a negative sense, after the dog that returns to its own vomit. I mean that evil force of habit that magnetizes the mind towards some evil passion and defecates the action of sin or urinates the sin of consent (Matthew 5:28) in relation to the field at its current location, i.e. temptation.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0