Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A Memphis, Tenn., man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot him in the back.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html

I have a dane, her name is Harley. A danes tail is designed to clean tables. Everything I own has been picked up off the floor a dozen times.
Going home to unload my guns.

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Me: NO evening treat, NO table scraps, NO scratches on the forehead, NO evening walk and several rounds of "BAD DOG! BAAAAADDDD DOG!"

Plus: the dreaded Lutheran Look of Consternation, where I stare over my glasses and stare at the offender for a minute (or two) while slowly shaking my head, followed by a long, protracted sigh of disgust...

Why is it that I'm the liberal on this board, but my punishments are so much harsher than those of the conservatives? ^_^

Upvote 0

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Lutheran Look of Consternation, where I stare over my glasses and stare at the offender for a minute (or two) while slowly shaking my head, followed by a long, protracted sigh of disgust...
And all these years I thought that was my Mother's patented Methodist Choir Director look. Who knew??

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A Memphis, Tenn., man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot him in the back.

I have a dane, her name is Harley. A danes tail is designed to clean tables. Everything I own has been picked up off the floor a dozen times.
you store your guns loaded?
Do you also have a timer running to calculate MTBA? (Mean Time Between Accidents)

Upvote 0

Naomi4Christ

not a nutter
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2005
✟269,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

I'm glad I have a dog with a docked tail. But then, I was only seriously worried that my wine glass would get knocked off the coffee table.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you store your guns loaded?
Do you also have a timer running to calculate MTBA? (Mean Time Between Accidents)
What possible use is there for an unloaded gun?
Stop! --or I'll load my gun!

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Erm. Storing it...
It's illegal to store bullets and a gun together here. Unless you're in the army of course.

Guns are primarily for hunting. When they are in your home they should be locked away, with the vital firing mechanism separated from the gun and stored somewhere else if the first is not possible.
Ammunition must be locked away, and not together with the gun.
This is to prevent abuse.

I wouldn't want to pull a gun on a burglar because I don't want to shoot anyone except invading forces should Norway be invaded and I recalled to the army(teeen-hudd!)
Besides, the chances of a misfire or other accident are both far greater than a burglary. And a burglary is far more likely when I am not at home than when I am. So if I were to store a firearm in a convenient location as to ward off burglars the chances of the firearm being found by the burglar is greater than the chance of me getting to actually use it in such a situation.

What's more, as I live in Oslo most burglars are heavy heroin addicts. Should they decide to break in (which is unlikely seeing where I live and what they normally go for), I fear I'd have to shoot to kill. Heroin addicts are very hard to deter. A shot to the leg might not stop them at all. Maybe several shots would not suffice.
I'd prefer to be out of their way than get unnecessary blood on my hands. Despite the fact that the other person would be a criminal, dangerous and unpredictable, he/she's still a human and has the same right to live I do, even if they are way off on an evil path.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You can have a gun with ammo. Just don't put one in front of the hammer.
Wheel gun-just pull the trigger.
Semi auto-rack the slide and fire

Faith; I keep one pistol in my bedroom with magazine in place(pistol lock in place too) I have a gun safe to keep the others in.
If someone enters my house, while I am home, I assume he is there to do harm to me or my family. And such, I will pull my firearm on them. From there it is up to the criminal as to how it goes down.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you have a 150 pound Great Dane, why do you need a gun?

I've never seen a robbery spree where the robbers tried to rob a house with dogs... they've even avoided the houses with toy poodles!

Of course, perhaps this was because they were worried the dogs had guns and could use them. Toy poodles are darn clever, and if a pack of them had guns, well, that'd be scary!

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you have a 150 pound Great Dane, why do you need a gun?

I've never seen a robbery spree where the robbers tried to rob a house with dogs... they've even avoided the houses with toy poodles!

Of course, perhaps this was because they were worried the dogs had guns and could use them. Toy poodles are darn clever, and if a pack of them had guns, well, that'd be scary!
I need a gun because I am free and have breath in my body. My kids can do with freedom what they choose, but I am going to hand it to them like it was handed to me. If you think you exist in freedom for any other reason you will not understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can have a gun with ammo. Just don't put one in front of the hammer.
Wheel gun-just pull the trigger.
Semi auto-rack the slide and fire

Faith; I keep one pistol in my bedroom with magazine in place(pistol lock in place too) I have a gun safe to keep the others in.
If someone enters my house, while I am home, I assume he is there to do harm to me or my family. And such, I will pull my firearm on them. From there it is up to the criminal as to how it goes down.
Oh, I agree I don't have one in the chamber. My dog will have to rack the slide to shoot me. :)

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need a gun because I am free and have breath in my body. My kids can do with freedom what they choose, but I am going to hand it to them like it was handed to me. If you think you exist in freedom for any other reason you will not understand.

I...

Uh...

Shall never post another humurous post that lacks a smily.

From now on all humurous posts I post will contain a smiley as to not be taken seriously.

:wave:

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I...

Uh...

Shall never post another humurous post that lacks a smily.

From now on all humurous posts I post will contain a smiley as to not be taken seriously.

:wave:
I understand, I do the same thing all the time. :)

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm free, I don't need a gun because of that. I'm free to have one, or not. But I don't need one.
I'd need a gun if one's nation was "free" as in an anarchy, but that's not the case.

Upvote 0

Lynden1000

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Orlando, Florida
✟3,628.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm free, I don't need a gun because of that. I'm free to have one, or not. But I don't need one.
I'd need a gun if one's nation was "free" as in an anarchy, but that's not the case.

That's cool. I don't think anyone is seriously arguing that people should be *forced* to have a gun if they don't want one or are opposed to them, etc. In fact, I definitely would *not* want someone to own a gun if she/he was nervous about it or uncomfortable handling it.

Upvote 0