• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Does your group limit members

Discussion in 'House Churches & Cell Groups' started by dogs4thewin, Dec 5, 2018.

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dogs4thewin

dogs4thewin dog lover Supporter CF Ambassadors

+3,839
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I currently do not belong to a cell group or house church. I do belong to a fairly small (though growing) southern Baptist church. However, when I have taken part in small groups in the past we have limited the size to keep it well a small group. Does your group do that?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+5,276
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I think that it is important to answer this with the Word of God. Does the Bible say that there is a limit on how big or small a fellowship of Christians should be in a person's home? Obviously a comfortable amount would be best in my experience of living life. I went to a small school and to a large school and can tell that my education was better in the smaller school. This is why studies have shown that smaller schools provide better education because the teacher can give more attention to each student. If the number is too large, they cannot give the time needed for each person. I would say that a person should pray about it and then seek the Scriptures. Even if the Bible does not talk about this topic directly, it most certainly talks about this topic in an indirect way.

All Scripture is profitable for doctrine so that the man (or woman) of God may be perfect into every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I hope this helps, and may God bless you and your family in the Lord this fine day.

3. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+1,219
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I don't know if they do that at my church or not, however in the past I was part of a small group. When I first started there were about 10 to a dozen people showing up, and it was a very enjoyable group.

However over time, more and more people showed up, and honestly it just didn't go that well for me. It went from an inclusive group, to being a bunch of separate cliques. Pretty soon we had three different groups of people, and no one talked to anyone outside their little group. I stopped going, and the entire group disbanded later. So I actually think group size limits are reasonable. Just start a new group.

4. 1watchman

1watchman Overseer Supporter

+794
    Christian
    Married
    I always recommend a truly Bible-only fellowship rather than a place of fun and activities. I know of such gatherings worldwide ---non-sectarian.

5. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Facilities do effect size.

6. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'd be in favor of such. I would favor Christians only even more. Yes there is a time to allow seekers.