Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I currently do not belong to a cell group or house church. I do belong to a fairly small (though growing) southern Baptist church. However, when I have taken part in small groups in the past we have limited the size to keep it well a small group. Does your group do that?

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that it is important to answer this with the Word of God. Does the Bible say that there is a limit on how big or small a fellowship of Christians should be in a person's home? Obviously a comfortable amount would be best in my experience of living life. I went to a small school and to a large school and can tell that my education was better in the smaller school. This is why studies have shown that smaller schools provide better education because the teacher can give more attention to each student. If the number is too large, they cannot give the time needed for each person. I would say that a person should pray about it and then seek the Scriptures. Even if the Bible does not talk about this topic directly, it most certainly talks about this topic in an indirect way.

All Scripture is profitable for doctrine so that the man (or woman) of God may be perfect into every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I hope this helps, and may God bless you and your family in the Lord this fine day.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I currently do not belong to a cell group or house church. I do belong to a fairly small (though growing) southern Baptist church. However, when I have taken part in small groups in the past we have limited the size to keep it well a small group. Does your group do that?

I don't know if they do that at my church or not, however in the past I was part of a small group. When I first started there were about 10 to a dozen people showing up, and it was a very enjoyable group.

However over time, more and more people showed up, and honestly it just didn't go that well for me. It went from an inclusive group, to being a bunch of separate cliques. Pretty soon we had three different groups of people, and no one talked to anyone outside their little group. I stopped going, and the entire group disbanded later. So I actually think group size limits are reasonable. Just start a new group.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Facilities do effect size.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always recommend a truly Bible-only fellowship rather than a place of fun and activities. I know of such gatherings worldwide ---non-sectarian.
I'd be in favor of such. I would favor Christians only even more. Yes there is a time to allow seekers.

Upvote 0