Does your church have anything for Singles, 40s-50s?

seekingmuch

Mar 14, 2018
PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
shaking my head .. seekingmuch .... People just don't get they are to love everyone whom Jesus loves ... that's everyone!
After reading so many comments, mostly negative, from other singles 30-up, on websites where singles and the church is discussed, I think my experience is pretty much the norm.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
there's one thing about it though..we can either be victims of circumstances and stay angry or hurt or be the catalysts to make a change where other people don't have to go thru what we did/do.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

seekingmuch

Mar 14, 2018
PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
there's one thing about it though..we can either be victims of circumstances and stay angry or hurt or be the catalysts to make a change where other people don't have to go thru what we did/do.
Nice thought, but unless you a big donor, they ain't going to listen. One church here locally had a thriving singles ministry and dumped it. One of the big shots claimed the singles voted on ending the singles ministry in favor of small groups (on Sunday morning, no less)--and they didn't want to be separate. I find that highly unlikely since they also don't have a singles minister anymore.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟185,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The home study I belong to is 4 married couples...and me. :smirk: But they always invite to anything the group is doing. I sometimes feel like a fifth wheel, but I go. What else do I have to do? haha

That is so weird. I would think most people would be more kind than that.

I can tell you that the couples in my home study tend to be self-confessed homebodies or they just do things alone as a married couple. So, they aren't leaving me out because I'm single. They're leaving everyone out unless it is an activity specifically taking place as a part of the study group (going out to dinner, etc.).

There are no markers of singleness in Protestant churches either. :wink: I can't count the number of times I've been checking out a woman who is alone and I find attractive...and then I catch the glint of her wedding ring or her husband finally shows up. :flushed::grimacing::smile:

Or they are there alone, and its just that the husband works as a cop on Sundays. lol

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟185,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yep....I'm proactive, but...it when it comes to joining up with other singles, it doesn't involve the church.

If anyone has heard of Meetup.com, that's a great place to meet others. Although it's more hobby focused than religion, but the opportunities are better.

You COULD try online dating, but...I haven't had much luck on it lately since the women's inboxes are saturated with the competition. Even the Christian women. lol

Upvote 0

seekingmuch

Mar 14, 2018
PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yep....I'm proactive, but...it when it comes to joining up with other singles, it doesn't involve the church.

If anyone has heard of Meetup.com, that's a great place to meet others. Although it's more hobby focused than religion, but the opportunities are better.

You COULD try online dating, but...I haven't had much luck on it lately since the women's inboxes are saturated with the competition. Even the Christian women. lol
Online dating makes stars out of average and ugly chicks. All the messages they get over-inflates their egos that they are supremely desired and suddenly they think they are as hot as Angelina Jolie and think they deserve Brad Pitt. A woman that is desirable is not on a dating website. She has suiters ready wherever she goes and never has to be lonely. -anonymous

The guy makes a good point.

Go where woman are and ask for dates. If you fail a lot, keep asking, acknowledge your confidence sucks to minimize rejection and realize you approaching women and asking is building your confidence.

The secret to getting her is: 1) let her know you are the most important guy in the world by keeping your body to the side and only turning your head to look at her (let's her know who's the boss--if you face her, she has power over you), 2) compliment her once and never again until a date and act like you are doing her a favor even talking to her. His line is, "You seem like an interesting woman and are attractive and I'd like to know more about you. My name is Jack and I'm a manager with xyz. inc. What's your name?" Ask 2 open-ended questions and ask for a date if you like her answers. Always approach a woman that is by herself. If she's with three other girls, don't waste your time: rejection city because they are females are ticked you didn't ask them and will cut into you like knives, after you leave if not before. What questions? He asks, "I like your perfume. What is it and why did you choose it?" and "What college did you attend and why did you choose your major?" One tells him if she's materialistic (red flag) and the other tells him her profession, her college, and her motivations.

A friend of mine does this and he's an average guy with good taste in clothes and he beats women off with a stick.

Upvote 0