Does your Christian tradition put this as a good thing - or a bad thing?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Phenomenom

The phenomenom - Bing video

How does this compare to 20 years ago?
answer: no comparison. It moved from the back alley to front page news.

Does Christianity "morph" to accept whatever narrative is presented as long as it comes with "physical observation".

When Moses goes to Egypt and puts down his staff - it becomes an observable - serpent

So also the case with Pharaoh's magicians.

A real event - still does not mean everything is on the up-and-up apparently.

Thoughts?

=================================
Some people will make the claim that deceiving mankind on such a mass scale is not something the Bible addresses so Christians should ignore it. For them "forewarned" is = "unprepared"

Rev 13
3 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; 4 they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”

13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life. 15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead

Rev 16
13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; 14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.

2 Thess 2
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,

The Bible matters.
Bible details matter.

==============================

1. The Angel Gabriel - brings good news to Mary.
2. A demon angel in 1 Sam 28 brings 'fake news' to king Saul -- "as if" it is someone else.
3. A demon angel shows up in Genesis 3 to give Eve "some fake news" - but it also shows up as if it is something "else".
4. Magicians in Egypt show up when Moses shows signs from God - and they bring their own "signs and wonders" so as to confuse the king.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kenny'sID

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My opinion is it is not physically possible for living forms to make a spacecraft which can fly millions of light years to visit the earth.

Well . . . for consideration, now that I think of it . . . anyone is welcome to think anything about this thinking, very understandably >

Perhaps an organism on another planet could make a virus form of itself, with DNA only, then send that. Then here the DNA package could adopt some creature or cell and morph it into a replica of the life form from the other planet.

Now, of course, if our coronavirus really has come as a DNA module for turning out aliens whom we were supposed to gladly meet and share with . . . this has not worked very well.

Disagreement with this hypothesis is welcome, in fact encouraged.

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Phenomenom

Does Christianity "morph" to accept whatever narrative is presented as long as it comes with "physical observation".

When Moses goes to Egypt and puts down his staff - it becomes an observable - serpent

Thoughts?

Fr. Seraphim Rose talks about such things in Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, in that there is a demonic movement to create phenomena towards a new religion. This is the work of people perpetuating things for whatever reasons they may have and sometimes demonic phenomena happens - because demons like to provoke people.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Phenomenom

Thoughts?

Fr. Seraphim Rose talks about such things in Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, in that there is a demonic movement to create phenomena towards a new religion. This is the work of people perpetuating things for whatever reasons they may have and sometimes demonic phenomena happens - because demons like to provoke people.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
UFO’s are still not front page news.
Not according to the first 7 seconds of that video - specifically the NY Times front page breaking news.

We were warned about "Signs and wonders"..

Was there ever a time when warnings in God's Word about a coming event - could be "safely ignored"?

Notice what we find in 2 Thess 2.
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false

How successful?

Rev 13
3 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; 4 they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”
12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

Matt 24
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance.

1 Thess 5
3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do

Interesting point made in that documentary -- in the OP

Is the best solution "sleep"?

Or compare it to what the Bible predicts will happen in the future?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thoughts?

Generally, I think “UFO’s” can be just a new name for demons or/and angels. And I believe those exists. But I don’t believe governments tell the truth. And I believe there will be a great "UFO" scam that will be really convincing. I recommend to be loyal to Jesus and God, remain in Bible teachings and truth.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Generally, I think “UFO’s” can be just a new name for demons or/and angels. And I believe those exists. But I don’t believe governments tell the truth. And I believe there will be a great "UFO" scam that will be really convincing. I recommend to be loyal to Jesus and God, remain in Bible teachings and truth.

Amen to that!

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Put what as a good thing or a bad thing? Videos like this?

Where does your Christian tradition put lies? I know where mine does.

How is this general theology anyway?

Does your church have a theology/tradition/eschatology/doctrine-on-nature-of-evil/doctrine on life in the universe/ doctrine on the second coming/doctrine on God as Creator and Savior of mankind --- that is in anyway relevant to the events described in that trailer?

Was there ever a time when warnings in God's Word about a coming event - could be "safely ignored"?

Notice what we find in 2 Thess 2.
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false

How successful?

Rev 13
12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

Matt 24
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance.

1 Thess 5
3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does your church have a theology/tradition/eschatology/doctrine-on-nature-of-evil/doctrine on life in the universe/ doctrine on the second coming/doctrine on God as Creator and Savior of mankind --- that is in anyway relevant to the events described in that trailer?

No my church doesn't have any little green men doctrine...

If yours does I'd leave, and look for a church that teaches in accordance with scripture.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

No my church doesn't have any little green men doctrine...

My church is aware that "the universe exists" and that God is the Creator of it not just the Creator of Earth + plus a big empty universe.

My church is aware of good angels and bad ones.

My church is aware that any gospel that is proclaimed that would change/alter the one in scripture "is a bad thing". Gal 1:6-9

My church is aware that "signs and wonders" so vast and powerful that they "would deceive the whole world" are coming up.

Rev 13

13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life. 15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead

Rev 16
13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; 14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.

2 Thess 2
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,

The Bible matters.
Bible details matter.

Hence the question in the OP.

1 Thess 5
3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's necessarily good or bad. Other created beings don't seem in principle to change much. But it depends upon what their intentions are.

The Angel Gabriel - brings good news to Mary.
A demon angel in 1 Sam 28 brings 'fake news' to king Saul -- "as if" it is someone else.
A demon angel shows up in Genesis 3 to give Eve "some fake news" - but it also shows up as if it is something "else".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Phenomenom
Flying saucers again, Bob? Is that an SDA thing or just your own.

Here's a flash for you - the deception here is being made to believe in flying saucers in the first place.

Just to keep our terminology clear:
"UFOs" are generally aircraft. Flying saucers, on the other hand, are the imaginary craft of Aliens and Demons. "UFOs" exist. Any flying thing you can't identify is a "UFO". Flying saucers would be UFOs if they existed, but they don't.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
UFO’s are still not front page news.
Neither are Flying Saucers, which do jot in fact exist. Bob would like for "UFO" to mean "Flying Saucer". That would keep him from having to confess that that vast majority of "UFOs" are plain old airplanes.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well if it’s true , then welcome neighbors! ( I really don’t believe in little green aliens)
Nope, you have to believe in LGAs. If you see American 4312 to Phildelphia, wirth the sun behind it so you can't tell what it, then it is by definition a UFO, and therefore, no longer full of tired business travelers friom Atlanta, but Little Green Aliens, or demons disguised as LGAs. The Airbus A300 has become a mysterious craft that is Not Of This Earth, a UFO, better known as a flying saucer.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No.

My church is aware that "the universe exists"
Which is right up there with being aware than your nose exists.

and that God is the Creator of it
And all this time I thought it was Bill Thompson.

not just the Creator of Earth + plus a big empty universe.
The universe seems to have lots of stuff in it. Maybe even flying saucers. Nothing in science of Scripture to prove that though, is there?

My church is aware of good angels and bad ones.
Sonuvagun.

My church is aware that any gospel that is proclaimed that would change/alter the one in scripture "is a bad thing". Gal 1:6-9
Like, oh, Islam, or some such. Nah, not spooky enough.

My church is aware that "signs and wonders" so vast and powerful that they "would deceive the whole world" are coming up.

Believing in Flying Saucers when none exist might fill that bill.

13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.
Sorry, "fire from heaven" is kinda old school these days, innit? We've been doing that with frightful results since at least 1939, haven't we?

Flying saucers are bunk.[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0