Does Yelling "Black Lives Matter" absolve you from assaulting a black man?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A few days ago 2 elderly white woman kicked a black man off an elevator for not wearing a mask, hitting him all the while yelling "Black Lives Matter"

A You-tuber has it under the below caption if you want to Google it or find it on You-tube with copy and paste.

"Senior Citizen Mask Police Yell Black Lives Matter While Assaulting Black Man Over Not Wearing Mask"

(But there is some derogatory language in the video so not posting the link)

The video and internet articles of the event are being snickered at by conservatives because it shows the absurdity and hypocrisy of some white liberals. In that vein it reminds me of some incidents that happened when Trump was in office, where some African Americans were beat up by white liberals in the name of "fighting Fascism" (wearing a MAGA hat, or selling Pro Trump or conservative theme attire and other merchandise).

Last edited:

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A few days ago 2 elderly white woman kicked a black man off an elevator for not wearing a mask, hitting him all the while yelling "Black Lives Matter"

A You-tuber has it under the below caption if you want to Google it or find it on You-tube with copy and paste.

"Senior Citizen Mask Police Yell Black Lives Matter While Assaulting Black Man Over Not Wearing Mask"

The video and internet articles of the event are being snickered at by conservatives because it shows the absurdity and hypocrisy of some white liberals. In that vein it reminds me of some incidents that happened when Trump was in office, where some African Americans were beat up by white liberals in the name of "fighting Fascism" (wearing a MAGA hat, or selling Pro Trump or conservative theme attire and other merchandise).

There’s nothing in the video supporting the contention that the altercation was over masks, or anything at all about what triggered it. That claim comes from the title you read that somebody else wrote.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There’s nothing in the video supporting the contention that the altercation was over masks, or anything at all about what triggered it. That claim comes from the title you read that somebody else wrote.

Doing your own research and deduction based on that research is just so out of fashion these days...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'll stay in Canada, thanks.

Oh their is weird and dysfunctional stuff everywhere, and especially in Canada.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a great country, but:

1) If you grew up black in Canada, especially years ago you might have a rough ride depending on where you are in the country. Basically if you grow up in some rural area, with no other black people around you are very likely to feel very stigmatized as the locals gawk, tease you etc. OR at least that was how things was in the recent past when the country was very monochromatic, as far as being mostly Caucasian.

2) the OP has to do with the insanity generated by Covid phenomenon in society. I have every reason to believe that such things are not only present in Canada but equal if not greater, because the policies against Covid have always matched those in the US, and often exceeded them. This has resulted in Canada having lower death figures from Covid, and that has been a source of national pride especially for folks on this board. But as we are learning now, those figures have been artificially inflated as far as "Real death rates go" (my previous thread from at English doctor releasing English "Freedom of Information Act" information goes into that). And their has always been an obvious down side to things like lock downs etc. e.g. depression, various kinds of mental illness and addictions, suicide, business closing from the financial stain etc.

But the kinds of social pressures generated from all the Covid policies and propaganda makes me believe that Canada would be just as likely to generate a similar kind of scenario as the OP (violence over a person not being masked).

e.g. Over the last two years I have watched Canadian litigator and Video Blogger cover the deterioration/ abuse of human rights in his home Province of Quebec, as well the rest of the nation, besides him doing videos on the US etc. Quite interesting stuff!

And of course their are these stories making the news of certain pastors being arrested for not abiding by all the Covid Authoritarianism!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Assault lol. Accidental striking with phone while being baited by a smug individual purely for the purposes of later posting the whole thing online.

This is what assault by old(er) lady looks like:

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh their is weird and dysfunctional stuff everywhere, and especially in Canada.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a great country, but:

1) If you grew up black in Canada, especially years ago you might have a rough ride depending on where you are in the country. Basically if you grow up in some rural area, with no other black people around you are very likely to feel very stigmatized as the locals gawk, tease you etc. OR at least that was how things was in the recent past when the country was very monochromatic, as far as being mostly Caucasian.

2) the OP has to do with the insanity generated by Covid phenomenon in society. I have every reason to believe that such things are not only present in Canada but equal if not greater, because the policies against Covid have always matched those in the US, and often exceeded them. This has resulted in Canada having lower death figures from Covid, and that has been a source of national pride especially for folks on this board. But as we are learning now, those figures have been artificially inflated as far as "Real death rates go" (my previous thread from at English doctor releasing English "Freedom of Information Act" information goes into that). And their has always been an obvious down side to things like lock downs etc. e.g. depression, various kinds of mental illness and addictions, suicide, business closing from the financial stain etc.

But the kinds of social pressures generated from all the Covid policies and propaganda makes me believe that Canada would be just as likely to generate a similar kind of scenario as the OP (violence over a person not being masked).

e.g. Over the last two years I have watched Canadian litigator and Video Blogger cover the deterioration/ abuse of human rights in his home Province of Quebec, as well the rest of the nation, besides him doing videos on the US etc. Quite interesting stuff!

And of course their are these stories making the news of certain pastors being arrested for not abiding by all the Covid Authoritarianism!

There have been changes, and changes will continue to occur.

There are churches that seem to be American Imperialist satellites, but they aren't of much interest to me.

There have also been changes in our right wing party that occasionally they say blunder style things that normally US politicians would implying there's some political interference.

But it's not clockwork orange like what was quoted in the OP.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That's horrific. For real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

It's remarkable how those stories travel on extremist websites, though.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's remarkable how those stories travel on extremist websites, though.

Yeah, between a black guy, BLM, and a pair of supposedly liberal mask-enforcing Karens, there’s nobody here that isn’t a potential villain for certain groups.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Assault lol. Accidental striking with phone while being baited by a smug individual purely for the purposes of later posting the whole thing online.

This is what assault by old(er) lady looks like:

Somehow, it's always the black guy's fault.

This time, it's "being smug while black."

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somehow, it's always the black guy's fault.

This time, it's "being smug while black."

I understand what you mean, but I have to say the whole thing is a bit daft. Two older ladies knocking against someone with their phones while he smugly comments on their antics, then subjects them to international embarrassment. It's pretty pathetic, in my view. What happened to respect for your elders? I'm not sure what the relevance of his skin colour is, or what the point of the two women shouting black lives matter is either. They are clearly a bit confused, and calling it assault, although technically correct, is a bit silly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0