Does watching inappropriate contentography make me a bad person?

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Question says it all but like yeah I tend to watch it a few times a week. I never really feel bad or anything afterwards I'm not sure if I'm supposed to. I'm 16 btw not sure where this post was supposed to go...

A bad person relative to what standard? Many people struggle with the temptation to look at inappropriate contentography, so if you're talking relative to other people, then that puts you in the middle of the road. However, if you're talking relative to God's righteous standard, then you fail to live up to it. If you've ever lied or stolen something, then you have perhaps even failed to live up to your own standard. The Bible says that thinking lustfully about a woman is sin, but since you're an agnostic, perhaps it would be be better to look at it pragmatically.

Is looking at inappropriate contentography something that is beneficial to you? Could the time and money that you spend on it be put to a use that is more beneficial to you or to others? Are there dangers associated with looking at inappropriate contentography? Are you forming an addiction? Will you need to go further to get the same levels or excitement and satisfaction? If you fantasize about doing something long enough will it cause you to actually do it? Is there a connection between pronography and sex offenders? Does inappropriate contentography distort your view of intimacy and sexual relationships? Does it give you false expectations? Does it cause you to view women as sex objects? How many relationships are ruined each day by inappropriate contentography? Do you think a future girlfriend or spouse would object to you watching it? Would you object to them watching it? Does inappropriate contentography rewire your brain? What about the psychological impact on the people producing it?

There are many websites out there that talk about the dangers of inappropriate contentography and many support groups to help people quit. It is easier and better to never start than to quit.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Does watching inappropriate contentography make me a bad person?

Question says it all but like yeah I tend to watch it a few times a week. I never really feel bad or anything afterwards I'm not sure if I'm supposed to. I'm 16 btw not sure where this post was supposed to go...

it means that you love your sin.

Upvote 0

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to say something that I'm sure isn't favorable but it doesn't end in a bad way. The good and bad of it is watching inappropriate content is not the only thing that makes you or anyone that has or ever will live save Jesus a bad person. It's one of many things done each day that adds up to the reason Jesus was needed. Watching inappropriate content is no different from stealing, or beating someone withing an inch of their life for no good reason. Now in saying that whether you feel bad for it or not there is a reason you came to this site and asked that question whether you're heart is hardened or not you're looking for an answer. Not necessarily from the right source but regardless you still want one. The answer I have to give you is not the one you want and it isn't simple because I know you want a long drawn out reason for it. That's commonplace since human nature is to defend what is being done and rationalize that it's right no matter the proof so I need to ask this. If I show you miles of proof that it's wrong in the eyes of the LORD and not only that but can put a strain on your future relationships would you not only be willing to accept what I had to say to be true but do something about it?

Upvote 0

Dr.J0sh

Jul 22, 2015
✟15,345.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A bad person relative to what standard? Many people struggle with the temptation to look at inappropriate contentography, so if you're talking relative to other people, then that puts you in the middle of the road. However, if you're talking relative to God's righteous standard, then you fail to live up to it. If you've ever lied or stolen something, then you have perhaps even failed to live up to your own standard. The Bible says that thinking lustfully about a woman is sin, but since you're an agnostic, perhaps it would be be better to look at it pragmatically.

Is looking at inappropriate contentography something that is beneficial to you? Could the time and money that you spend on it be put to a use that is more beneficial to you or to others? Are there dangers associated with looking at inappropriate contentography? Are you forming an addiction? Will you need to go further to get the same levels or excitement and satisfaction? If you fantasize about doing something long enough will it cause you to actually do it? Is there a connection between pronography and sex offenders? Does inappropriate contentography distort your view of intimacy and sexual relationships? Does it give you false expectations? Does it cause you to view women as sex objects? How many relationships are ruined each day by inappropriate contentography? Do you think a future girlfriend or spouse would object to you watching it? Would you object to them watching it? Does inappropriate contentography rewire your brain? What about the psychological impact on the people producing it?

There are many websites out there that talk about the dangers of inappropriate contentography and many support groups to help people quit. It is easier and better to never start than to quit.

Wow that's alot. Not even sure what to say o.o

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

That's why I encouraged you to look at other sites that talk about the dangers of inappropriate contentography. Do your own research into the impact that it has had on people and then decide whether it's something that would be good for you to continue to watch.

Upvote 0

Dr.J0sh

Jul 22, 2015
✟15,345.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's why I encouraged you to look at other sites that talk about the dangers of inappropriate contentography. Do your own research into the impact that it has had on people and then decide whether it's something that
would be good for you to continue to watch.

Well okay but can I ask you what your opinion on inappropriate contentography is?

Upvote 0

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What he's saying is correct. It's a lot to take in all at once I agree. It's something big to think about. The basic thing is And stick with me here It's hard to know how you'd care about someone in the future so a future relationship is out. It's hard to think about the desires you may feel or act out, the women starring in the videos you watch even. I'll go out on a limb and say you love you mother, grandmother, sister or a female in your life you do care the world about. What if they were in a video like that not even by their own choosing. How would you feel toward the person making it or the ones watching it. It's that feeling of violence that watching things like that leads to also. It's not just about the immediate feeling of satisfaction. That's not the sin. It's all the consequences that are the result that is the sin. I hope that simplifies things a little for you. I know it's a lot to take in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dr.J0sh

Jul 22, 2015
✟15,345.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What he's saying is correct. It's a lot to take in all at once I agree. It's something big to think about. The basic thing is And stick with me here It's hard to know how you'd care about someone in the future so a future relationship is out. It's hard to think about the desires you may feel or act out, the women starring in the videos you watch even. I'll go out on a limb and say you love you mother, grandmother, sister or a female in your life you do care the world about. What if they were in a video like that not even by their own choosing. How would you feel toward the person making it or the ones watching it. It's that feeling of violence that watching things like that leads to also. It's not just about the immediate feeling of satisfaction. That's not the sin. It's all the consequences that are the result that is the sin. I hope that simplifies things a little for you. I know it's a lot to take in.

Thanks man. Yeah it is a lot to take in. Also thanks for telling me. Little weird but have you seen inappropriate content?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Watching inappropriate content shows that you are a bad person. So does arrogance, or lying, or lusting, or hating others, or any of a large variety of other nasty things of which humans are commonly guilty.

How you feel about watching inappropriate content is not the way to decide if it is wrong or not. Sociopaths feel no particular qualms about butchering people. Does that mean what they are doing is right or good? I'm sure you would say not.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well okay but can I ask you what your opinion on inappropriate contentography is?

I think people can have different definitions of what inappropriate contentography is. For instance, some people think that nude art isn't inappropriate contentographic if it is not sexual while others think that viewing someone who is naked is inherently sexual. However, while people might disagree about what counts as inappropriate contentography, we all recognize it when we're looking at it. Generally if it's causing you to think about having sex or to become sexually aroused, then it is inappropriate contentographic to you.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is said that psychopaths have no empathy of the harm they cause to others. They only think of their own lusts and pleasures. They do not see or measure the harm that is going on because of their lusts. So, not only do I believe that inappropriate contentography makes one a bad person but rather psychotic as well.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is said that psychopaths have no empathy of the harm they cause to others. They only think of their own lusts and pleasures. They do not see or measure the harm that is going on because of their lusts. So, not only do I believe that inappropriate contentography makes one a bad person but rather psychotic as well.

i agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

At 16, it's giving you a very false impression of what loving sexuality actually is between a man and a woman, and that's even speaking secularly. inappropriate content is to true loving sexuality as Marvel movies are to real physics.

Upvote 0

Dr.J0sh

Jul 22, 2015
✟15,345.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
At 16, it's giving you a very false impression of what loving sexuality actually is between a man and a woman, and that's even speaking secularly. inappropriate content is to true loving sexuality as Marvel movies are to real physics.

I don't know why but that comparison made me a chuckle but yeah I guess that sort of true.

Upvote 0

Dr.J0sh

Jul 22, 2015
✟15,345.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

But I'm not a psyco??

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Watching inappropriate content is not breaking one of the 10 commandments but I would consider it a sin of sexual immorality.

This is a sin that many men struggle with so you are not alone. Try to repent and receive forgiveness from Christ. God's grace is sufficient and his love will cover a multitude of sins.

Does watching inappropriate contentography make you a bad person? Well yes, it does make you a sinner in need of God's grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Aidan K

Baha'i
Jan 18, 2014
✟8,290.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Watching inappropriate contentography does not make you a bad person but it is bad behaviour. I will tell you why. The images that you view are total voyeurism intended to titillate and are in no way reflective of a real sex life. inappropriate content can give the impression that sex you always be furious and aggressive, totally untrue. The people are actors and in no way portray reality, it is a piece of fiction. Some people who view inappropriate content feel that women want to be treated as portrayed, wrong! inappropriate content leads to masturbation and excessive masturbation as a result of watching inappropriate content can cause a person to be unable to have a sex life as sex is about mutual love and not self gratification.

Upvote 0