Does Trump want to get rid of our Democracy?

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the liberals could figure out how to get Aliens to exit their UFOs and vote... they would. And they would be illegal Aliens.:ebil:
BTW, what is a “Zobie”?

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. But Trump's taken it to the extreme.

How? Facts on how he has taken it to the extreme? Did you see the articles I posted that shows ALL Presidents campaign during mid terms? Are you still going to hold onto false assumptions even when shown evidence that you were not correct?

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't change the fact the system worked as designed. :wave: That is unless the desire is to change the CONSTITUTION, hmmm seems one side is more into that than the other. :sorry:

Indeed. Abortion ban amendment, gay marriage ban amendment, doing away with the 14th Amendment...

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where as Hillary wants to change the country into (a communist?) {snip}

Communist? lol Also, Sec. Clinton is not a member of government and thus is in no position to implement any changes to this nation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not that Hillary and Obama are going around giving speeches actively against Trump...oh wait, nvm. That has NEVER happened in the history of this country that an ex President is actively engaged in politics against a sitting President.

Bush 43 wasn't a fan and Bush 41 voted for Sec. Clinton. So they weren't going to be campaigning for Trump one way or the other.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Explained in the wiki it actually morphed into the democratic partly.....
"(which would soon acquire the name "Democratic Party")" :wave:
...and also became:
The party selected its presidential candidates in a caucus of members of Congress. They included Thomas Jefferson (nominated 1796; elected 1800–1801, 1804), James Madison (1808, 1812) and James Monroe (1816, 1820). By 1824, the caucus system had practically collapsed. After 1800, the party dominated Congress and most state governments outside New England. By 1824, the party was also split four ways and lacked a center, as the First Party System collapsed. The emergence of the Second Party System in the 1820s and 30s realigned the old factions. One remnant followed Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren into the new Democratic Party by 1828. Another remnant, led by John Quincy Adams and Henry Clay formed the National Republican Party in 1824, while some remaining smaller factions formed the Anti-Masonic Party, which along with some National Republican groups, developed into the Whig Party by 1836.[14] Most remaining National Republicans would soon after go on to be a part of the Free-Soil and modern Republican Parties in the 1840s and 50s.
I'm thinking this tends to mean we're both right. Any chance of getting my question answered now? Outside of one guy (who was apparently a member of both Parties at the time) what was the Party affiliation of the OTHER 4 people who became President after they lost the popular vote? :wave:
tulc(is just curious) :)

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They and more were all illegal alien, illegal votes, Zobies (dead people), and people voting more than once.

This narrative is more urban legend than reality. For years now we've been having threads on CF about how such voting is rampant and endemic, but when the actual cases are looked at they tend to be a handful and not limited to one party.

There is factual evidence that in many blue counties, there were more votes than registered voters.

More urban legends. There are a few counties with colleges in them where there were more registered voters than residents or more votes than registered voters in the county because the students were registered in their home towns, but I'm not aware of any situation like you're describing where there are actual irregularities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This narrative is more urban legend than reality. For years now we've been having threads on CF about how such voting is rampant and endemic, but when the actual cases are looked at they tend to be a handful and not limited to one party.

More urban legends. There are a few counties with colleges in them where there were more registered voters or than residents or more votes than registered voters in the county because the students were registered in their home towns, but I'm not aware of any situation like you're describing where there are actual irregularities.
In Georgia they’re called Rural Legends.

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not that Hillary and Obama are going around giving speeches actively against Trump...oh wait, nvm. That has NEVER happened in the history of this country that an ex President is actively engaged in politics against a sitting President.
Ex presidents normally campaign, it’s not unusual at all. Did you just make that up?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yeah, it's not like almost 3,000,000 more Americans wanted her to be President then wanted him. :sorry:
tulc(will point out as often as needed) :wave:
Well, I didn't want either of them and didn't vote for either of them. They were two really bad candidates. I am happy Hillary lost although I wish The Donald also lost.

You seem to have an issue with the Electoral College, where Hillary did, in fact, lose. I accept the result of the election. Get over the loss of your favorite candidate. As Barak Obama said, "Elections have consequences."

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
You seem to have an issue with the Electoral College,
Actually, it's not the Electoral College I have a problem with, my main problem is how President Trump supporters pretend that he was the candidate "chosen by the American people" when clearly the majority of American voters didn't. And then instead of acknowledging that fact they claimed "all those votes were voter fraud!". :eek:

where Hillary did, in fact, lose. I accept the result of the election.
Good, I do to. :)

Get over the loss of your favorite candidate.
she wasn't my "favorite", I simply thought of the two major candidates she would have been a much better President. And so far? President Trump hasn't shown that my opinion was wrong in the slightest. :wave:

As Barak Obama said, "Elections have consequences."
Now that's true. It's just that the consequences of that election is that I'm pointing out A) all the things I disagree with what President Trump is does and B) all the many falsehoods, half truths and out right lies President Trump tells pretty much on a daily basis. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(is glad to clear that up) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Actually, it's not the Electoral College I have a problem with, my main problem is how President Trump supporters pretend that he was the candidate "chosen by the American people" when clearly the majority of American voters didn't. And then instead of acknowledging that fact they claimed "all those votes were voter fraud!". :eek:
The American people, using the system of the electoral college, as found in the constitution, chose their president. If you have trouble with those Americans who chose not to vote, I can't help you there. If you are worried about voter fraud claims, big deal, as nothing came of the claims. We had an election and Hillary lost. You can have a revolution if you want, but that was the result of the election. A poor choice was elected as president. Another poor choice was defeated. It was probably the worst pairing we have ever had.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The American people, using the system of the electoral college, as found in the constitution, chose their president. {snip}

The point tulc was making, and I agree with him, is that many Trump supporters will say or write, "The American people" with the seeming implication that it was a majority of Americans who voted for or supported Trump. Whether that is the intention of the speaker/writer, who knows. What I can say is that enough of them do it in such a way that it is perceived as their intention.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The American people, using the system of the electoral college, as found in the constitution, chose their president.
I thought i was pretty clear about my view on the Electoral College, so I'm not sure why I need another lecture about it. :wave:

If you have trouble with those Americans who chose not to vote, I can't help you there.
I've always had problems with the people who don't vote, that was nothing new to the 2016 election. :sigh:

If you are worried about voter fraud claims, big deal, as nothing came of the claims.
Doesn't seem to have made any difference to President Trump that nothing has ever come of his fake claims of fraud he was repeating it this year:
Trump repeats debunked voter fraud claim - CNNPolitics
maybe you should tell him to stop saying it? :scratch:

We had an election and Hillary lost.
Yeah, I think I saw something about that. :)

You can have a revolution if you want, but that was the result of the election.
...or I can keep doing what I've been doing for the last couple years. :)

A poor choice was elected as president.
on that we can agree. :clap:

Another poor choice was defeated.
Not sure I can agree with that, I suspect she would have been an excellent President, at least better then the one we have now. :sorry:

It was probably the worst pairing we have ever had.
Oh I don't know...in my lifetime I've always thought Goldwater-Johnson had that distinction. :sigh:
tulc(did mention he was a really old guy, right?) :oldman:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The point tulc was making, and I agree with him, is that many Trump supporters will say or write, "The American people" with the seeming implication that it was a majority of Americans who voted for or supported Trump. Whether that is the intention of the speaker/writer, who knows. What I can say is that enough of them do it in such a way that it is perceived as their intention.
The point I'm making is that the election was a valid and constitutional election, albeit between two bad candidates, no matter who crows about it or gripes about it.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point I'm making is that the election was a valid and constitutional election, albeit between two bad candidates, no matter who crows about it or gripes about it.

Yeah. No one here disagrees with that position and no one other than you has raised it, so...

Upvote 0