Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And yet it's those on the LEFT, in Portland, who are not only clamoring for it, but getting it started. However, you have my permission to deflect attention to "the right" all you want.
Clamoring for ….. a boycott. Yes, we’re so radical we use tactics like boycotts. We’re absolute savages. LOL.

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like consequences resulting from actions. And the only people I hear clamoring for civil war are those on the right. During my brief time on Parler, I couldn’t count the number of people who were sayings things like “the only good Democrat is a dead Democratic” and “We have to take the country back by force”.
Yeah Parler was a cesspool of people salivating for civil war and the rounding up and execution of Democrats.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is anything from Texas vegan? Maybe this infamous sanction will have no effect.
Ya know, we do have lots of vegans here but everyone else is obsessed with bacon so it seems to even out.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah Parler was a cesspool of people salivating for civil war and the rounding up and execution of Democrats.
Oh don’t worry, the other sites like that continue to provide a venue for that salivation.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh don’t worry, the other sites like that continue to provide a venue for that salivation.
I tried to get on one of them but the process was daunting (Gab?) I miss keeping up with the conspiracies. And the rape memes. Miss those too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
TIL that I am at war with those I purposely do not do business with.

Some people can only be at "war" because they have no idea what to do with themselves at "peace."

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Clamoring for ….. a boycott. Yes, we’re so radical we use tactics like boycotts. We’re absolute savages. LOL.

Boycotts are usually a social group against a product or a company, not a city or state against another city or state.
THAT'S why they referred to their own actions as "sanctions" and "bans", not boycotts.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Rather than the United States issuing sanctions against other countries for sponsoring terrorism, or oppressing their people, we now have parts of this country issuing sanctions against other parts of the country.

"Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler announced on Friday that Portland City Council will vote on an emergency resolution on Wednesday with the intent to ban city business and employee travel related to the state of Texas."
Portland City Council to vote on ending trade and travel with Texas in response to abortion restrictions

"The infamous U.S. sanction strategy in foreign policy now is now being used to ‘deal with’ internal issues

The controversial Texas law, that bans abortions as early as six weeks is now in effect. It was signed into law back in May by Gov. Greg Abbott. It was widely criticized not only by women’s rights advocates, abortion activists and abortion providers, but also by other states’ officials.

The Portland City Council is going to consider to adopt an emergency resolution next week that will be aimed to ban goods and services from Texas, because of the new abortion law there."
Economic War Comes Home: Portland Urges Imposition Of Sanctions Against Texas - Srnola News

It may sound childish, but who started it? Have you already forgotten that last Dec., Texas filed a federal suit against PA, GA, MI, and WI? All states won by Joe Biden. TX claimed that these states' Covid-19 election accommodations led to fraudulent voting. Without a shred of evidence that any irregularities occurred that would change the EV counts. Really, what business is it of TX to contest another state's voting procedures? SCOTUS tossed out the suit immediately. Ruling that TX has no standing to sue another state over its voting regulations. Maybe the Portland City Council is urging economic sanctions to give TX a taste of its own medicine.

Supreme Court Dismisses Texas Lawsuit Aiming To Overturn Election Results

Honestly, I like TX. I've been there several times and always enjoyed myself. Very friendly people.
But some of their elected officials are crackpots.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Boycotts are usually a social group against a product or a company, not a city or state against another city or state.
THAT'S why they referred to their own actions as "sanctions" and "bans", not boycotts.

And how much longer is the right going to pretend to be bothered by this? I'm setting my watch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It may sound childish, but who started it? Have you already forgotten that last Dec., Texas filed a federal suit against PA, GA, MI, and WI? All states won by Joe Biden. TX claimed that these states' Covid-19 election accommodations led to fraudulent voting. Without a shred of evidence that any irregularities occurred that would change the EV counts. Really, what business is it of TX to contest another state's voting procedures? SCOTUS tossed out the suit immediately. Ruling that TX has no standing to sue another state over its voting regulations. Maybe the Portland City Council is urging economic sanctions to give TX a taste of its own medicine.

Supreme Court Dismisses Texas Lawsuit Aiming To Overturn Election Results

Honestly, I like TX. I've been there several times and always enjoyed myself. Very friendly people.
But some of their elected officials are crackpots.

What you're referring to here doesn't relate to what we're talking about. Portland didn't file a lawsuit. They are banning travel, good and services from that state of Texas. If Portland wanted to file a lawsuit against the representatives of Texas because they don't agree with a law they passed (as if that's any of their business), then that's what they should have done. Instead, Portland authorities are going after businesses and any other entity in Texas.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Still waiting for those citations…

I'll need some citation that show that people in Portland are clamoring for civil war. Actual quotes from people saying that.

Since you're the one who attempted to change the narrative to deflect from what I originally said, it's your job to provide those citations.
And I'm still waiting....

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yeah, same thing. It’s not a new thing at all. And it’s not by any stretch of the imagination a war.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
yeah, same thing. It’s not a new thing at all. And it’s not by any stretch of the imagination a war.

When a violent mob stormed the capitol because they didn't like the result of an election, I began to take civil war as a serious possibility.

Upvote 0