Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When Christ came to the earth, humanity seemed to be fast reaching its lowest point. The very foundations of society were undermined. Life had become false and artificial. The Jews, destitute of the power of God’s word, gave to the world mind-benumbing, soul-deadening traditions and speculations. The worship of God “in Spirit and in truth” had been supplanted by the glorification of men in an endless round of man-made ceremonies. Throughout the world all systems of religion were losing their hold on mind and soul. Disgusted with fable and falsehood, seeking to drown thought, men turned to infidelity and materialism. Leaving eternity out of their reckoning, they lived for the present. Education pp 74,75

I was reading this today and as I read it the picture I saw was today's society. Just change Jew's for Christianity.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was reading this today and as I read it the picture I saw was today's society. Just change Jew's for Christianity.
Go back and read all the warnings to the jews from the true prophets
PUT church in its place. As the jews fell far away from GOD
so too has this generation of many churches fell far too.
Same GOD, means same JUDGMENT is at the door.
A WEAPON will thresh through the land .
here is something The prophet warned the jewish leaders
You have made sad the heart of the righteous
you have put no difference between the clean and the unclean
and you have strengthend the hand of the wicked
that none does repent , BY PROMSING HIM LIFE . THEY TELL IT TO GAYS and all. YOU SAVED
GOD LOVES YA. ITS happening now ..................we about to get judged HARSH
You leaders peach FOR REWARD , FOR MONEY .................look at OURS
its the same things that made GOD FURIOUS , many do now and worse they do it in JESUS NAME.
the weapon will rise from the all inclusive mindset . and it will thresh the lands .

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You know what else is IDENTICAL. while the true prophets warned
What was the main focus of the false ones. P E A C E
And so it is today. NONE to few see the sword approaching
and the false ones do all for all inclusive WORLD PEACE and unity.
OH DEAR its IDENTICAL
lets just hug for world peace , love all gods , all sin we just a big earth family is THEY MOTTO.
Well , lets see what weapon this will lead too. AND BY PEACE shall he destroy many.
WHO. ANTI CHRIST , they being led to the beast . and know it not .

Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We've as a whole forgotten about God's perfect law as well. Also something that He prophesied against. We - for sake of our traditions - have done away with His law. We worship Him using our own holidays instead of His biblically ordained Holy Days.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now here is the very next parapgraph.
As they ceased to recognize the Divine, they ceased to regard the human. Truth, honor, integrity, confidence, compassion, were departing from the earth. Relentless greed and absorbing ambition gave birth to universal distrust. The idea of duty, of the obligation of strength to weakness, of human dignity and human rights, was cast aside as a dream or a fable. The common people were regarded as beasts of burden or as the tools and the steppingstones for ambition. Wealth and power, ease and self-indulgence, were sought as the highest good. Physical degeneracy, mental stupor, spiritual death, characterized the age.

And here is a commentary of what things were like just before flood, and Jesus said, as things were in the days of Noah so shall they be in days of the coming of the Son of man. The two paragraphs come from Manuscript 24, 1891,

All God’s laws are marvelously adapted to meet the nature of man. The sin of the antediluvians was in perverting that which in itself was lawful. They corrupted God’s gifts by using them to minister to their selfish desires. The indulgence of appetite and base passion made their imaginations altogether corrupt. The antediluvians were slaves of Satan, led and controlled by him. They worshipped selfish indulgence—eating, drinking, merry-making—and resorted to acts of violence and crime if their desires and passions were interfered with. {Ms24-1891.43}
In the days of Noah the overwhelming majority was opposed to the truth and enamored with a tissue of falsehoods. The land was filled with violence. War, crime, murder was the order of the day. Just so will it be before Christ’s second coming. The great multitude will be without Christ and without hope. {Ms24-1891.44}

These two paragraphs can also be found in Ellen Whites comments on Genesis 6:11 in the SDA Bible Commentaries.

Notice especially the last sentence of the first paragraph and the first sentence of second paragraph. This once again, to me, is what I see all around me today in society. Violence is an acceptable method for dealing with almost anything, especially if someone feels that their desires have been interfered with. And the overwhelming majority of people are opposed to truth and enamored with a tissue of lies in most areas of life, especially religion and politics. We see it everywhere we go.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought I'd comment on something I picked up on in the quotes I gave. The first time man became thoroughly evil God destroyed all but a very small remnant of humanity. The second time man became thoroughly evil God sent the only possible solution to evil. The third time man becomes thoroughly evil God will put an end to sin and those who choose sin over God. Mankind's probation, given to him to choose between good and evil, will be done and over with.

It is a sobering thought, but yet one that shows just how much God cares for humanity.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We've as a whole forgotten about God's perfect law as well. Also something that He prophesied against. We - for sake of our traditions - have done away with His law. We worship Him using our own holidays instead of His biblically ordained Holy Days.
Its real bad , I mean an upmost wicked thing has occurred in the land
The churches walk in willfull sin and use a grace that makes void the law.
But many have long forgotten, or never knew...........JESUS did not come
that we could walk in lawlessness, He is not the minister of sin.
We got bad problems , many follow another jesus , a whole nother gospel .
The gospel that says we free IN SIN , not from sin. IN SIN.
JESUS is not the man of lawlessness . Yet many preach this very JESUS in Churches.
BUT WHO really is the ONE OF LAWLESSNESS. THEN now many know who they follow .
We do not look to the law for justification or we are under it and fallen from grace and wont make it.
BUT do we make VOID the law through grace.............GOD FORBID
yeah we establish it . IF we have the HOLY GHOST , then its on our hearts to simply
walk righteously . I may as well lay it out and put some holy fear in some folks.
Many say................Its all about TWO commandments . AND IT IS.
LOVE thy GOD with ALL thy heart and love thy neighbor has thyself.
For that fulfills the entire law.
FEAR TIME ...................what did JESUS say .
THE WORDS that I speak are not my own ............THEY are MY FATHERS.
HE also said HE who loves me KEEPS my sayings and he who hates me don't .
SO. IF we make void JESUS sayings...........OOOOPS...........we know not LOVE and are doomed
to perdition. HOW many REMARRY when its ADULTERY
HOW many swear
HOW many take people to court and sue
how many don't forgive their persecutors
HOW many do not pick up the cross and die daily
OH DEAR ..................many don't follow CHRIST , nor love him
THEY LOVE SELF and the flesh. still in darkness and think its light .

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
JESUS is not the man of lawlessness . Yet many preach this very JESUS in Churches.
We do not look to the law for justification or we are under it and fallen from grace and wont make it.
yeah we establish it . IF we have the HOLY GHOST , then its on our hearts to simply
walk righteously . I may as well lay it out and put some holy fear in some folks.
SO. IF we make void JESUS sayings...........OOOOPS...........we know not LOVE and are doomed
HOW many swear
I know, things are bad. I am at work and can only respond to one issue, but it's not a sin to remarry if the reason you put your wife away was for adultery. Then it's lawful for you to remarry, but the wife can't, no.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
HOW many swear
Sad but true brother...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I know, things are bad. I am at work and can only respond to one issue, but it's not a sin to remarry if the reason you put your wife away was for adultery. Then it's lawful for you to remarry, but the wife can't, no.
I believe he was saying that many remarry when not lawful to do so and then end up committing adultery.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus sure did say save for fornication. or as we know death too.
but thems the only reasons.

Upvote 0