windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. It means what is says. I have known a few people who's wives are/were clearly "brawling" women. They hada a torrid time in their marriages. My wife on the other hand is anything but this

Does this mean men should take the higher ground?

Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Clint,

Proverbs are general truths not absolute nor promises it is all about discernment and timing. Hope that helps!

Take care and all the best,
Aimz

King James Bible
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi again,

Scripture always needs to be interpreted by Scripture aka itself. The Bible often explains itself elsewhere so cross referencing verses say on Bible Hub is a good place to start to get a theme or bigger answer. It is really important when trying to understand a passage in Scripture to know what genre it comes from, who is writing, who are they writing to and why? Proverbs are Hebrew poetry so lots of word pictures and parallelism pretty fun and a nice break from historical narrative, blood and gore! Proverbs is written by Solomon the wisest man on earth who ever lived except for Jesus who obviously is much wiser! But yes it is wisdom and they are generally true but it is like any saying or piece of wisdom it needs wisdom to both understand it and to use it in the right situation.

Aimz.

So their are Bible scripture that supersedes others?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and welcome to CF! :)

King James Bible
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

It is better to live in a humble, small, peaceful way, rather than to share a luxurious dwelling with lots of arguing and tension.

It has much more to do with what is important in life, our spiritual peace and well-being, as opposed to material comfort - than it has to do with a comment about some or all women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi again,

Scripture never contradicts itself because it is guided by the hand of God and God being unchangeable and perfect cannot lie. So, if ever a passage seems to contradict itself somewhere else in Scripture we have to find the whole picture and pray to understand it.

Aimz.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So their are Bible scripture that supersedes others?

If you mean to supersede in importance ...

Yes, there are, certainly. The Gospels, especially the direct teaching of Christ, are more important than how many were counted of each tribe in a census. With many levels of importance in between.

All Scripture is profitable, but some is of greater importance than others.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what I am hoping that my new wife is not brawling. She seems demanding to a reasonable degree but not brawling
If you're worried about this, lol, proverbs also says men are unfaithful. Does that mean all men?

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're worried about this, lol, proverbs also says men are unfaithful. Does that mean all men?
No but what do we do about women's hair being their glory, do we men accept our women cut their hair? Is this like Saudi Arabia allowing women to drive. Is this something that is unmentionable that just is reformed?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is what I am hoping that my new wife is not brawling. She seems demanding to a reasonable degree but not brawling

Ohhhh .... I did not even understand what you were asking! Sorry.

No, it doesn't mean all women are brawlers.

All people are sinners, broken to some degree, damaged by their sin and the sin of others. Christ came to heal these wounds. As we cooperate with the grace of God, we become more able to relate in Christlike ways with one another. Sometimes this also involves learning better ways, or tools offered by the wisdom of Christianity to help us be changed. Ultimately, if we relate as marriage is meant to be - each person putting the good of the other ahead of their own wants in a sacrificial love, then a beautiful marriage can be formed - an image of Christ and His Church.

But it often takes work, understanding, and the grace of God - on the part of both persons.

God be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No. It means what is says. I have known a few people who's wives are/were clearly "brawling" women. They hada a torrid time in their marriages. My wife on the other hand is anything but this

My sister is such a brawling woman. Gladly, she is not married.

Upvote 0