Does the Bible teach works must follow God's grace as a part of our salvation?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Bible makes no such distinction about sin.

bugkiller

So you don’t believe there is a “sin not unto death” as 1 John 5:16-17 says?

You not believe that there is a sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit that can never be forgiven? (See Matthew 12:32).

You do not believe that Jesus said there is a greater sin? (See John 19:11).

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not at all. Should no doubt. If you are truly saved and love the Lord, then "works" should most definitely should follow a true believer. it's our works that are a testimony to the unsaved world, without them you become a defeated Christian, the point being that it's not our works that save us. I think that another important point here is that it doesn't mean we have to start doing "works' immediately once saved (although it would be ok to do so0, but we can certainly meditate and pray to the Lord to find out what He would have us to o. Nothing to struggle with imo, but for someone who doesn't see this as important, he will definitely struggle with his faith as a result, and just as important perhaps, he will be giving a lousy testimony to the people he coming in contact with.
Please tell as a Christian what I should to concerning a neighbor who baits, then shoots my dog.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Who said I attend?

A preacher has a difficult task IMO.
Their JOB, is to preach ONE SERMON, to a crowd of MIXED LISTENERS.

Some believe, some don't.
Some have never heard, so don't know if they believe.
Some are there to satisfy an others wishes they be there.
Some believe and HAVE submitted their Life to the Lord, but have no clue what that means.
Some believe and HAVE submitted their Life to the Lord, know what it means, but are bored silly, listening to the preacher tell them HOW TO accomplish what they have already done.
Some are there, for a fashion show.
Some are there, to make new friends.
Some are there, to make hopeful business contacts.
Some are there, to listen to music.
Some are there, to impress others who know they attend.
Some are there that they be seen, putting money into the pot.
Some are there, all dress up, hoping the Sermon is short, because they are busy making plans on where to go eat.
Some are there because daddy made them go, but they are busy texting their friends.
Some are there for the Preacher to tell them what they should understand, according to him.
Some carry their Bibles to Church, but Never read it at home. Nor Verify what the preacher says.

IOW - People attend for ALL kinds of their own reasons.

And IMO, many preachers today, simply want the pews filled, and will preach whatever the people want to hear, that they keep coming back.

God Bless,
SBC
So attack religious organizations for their failure. Your post is full of venom.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's not talking about how we cannot judge our brother in no way at all. It is talking about how we are not to judge according to our liberty in Christ in regards to what we can eat and what day we celebrate as a part of the Sabbath. Some consider all days alike; And it is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. That's the context. The Bible speaks elsewhere in how we can judge our fellows brethren in many places (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 1 Corinthians 6:5).
Trying to con me?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

You not believe that there is a sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit that can never be forgiven? (See Matthew 12:32).

There's only one sin unto death that I know of and that is rejection of Jesus and what He did for all mankind. Now come back with blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's only one sin unto death that I know of and that is rejection of Jesus and what He did for all mankind. Now come back with blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

bugkiller

What verse or passage even makes you think such a thing?

This is what the verse says in the Bible,

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." (Matthew 12:32).

I see nothing about the rejection of Christ here. The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is exactly that. It is speaking bad words against the Holy Spirit.

The word "blasphemy" means to speak bad words against God.

I mean, how do you even interpret .... "the world to come" with your view?
It is clearly talking about how speaking bad words against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven even during the time of the future 1,000 year reign of Christ (i.e. the Millennium).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trying to con me?

bugkiller

No. I am just telling you what the Bible says. Lets check it out and see what it says.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17). (KJV).

So the above passage says all Scripture is profitable for reproof or correction.

1 Corinthians 6:5 says,
"I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?" (KJV 2016).

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remember God SHALL REAP what He sows!
It is HIS SEED He plants within a man.
It is HIS SEED that is sustained BY His Power.
It is HIS SEED that He gives His knowledge, His wisdom, His understanding.
It is He who shall reap the Harvest from His SEED.

Yes, There is nothing too great that God will not Forgive......EXCEPT LYING to the Holy Spirit.....

God Bless,
SBC

Yes God throws out much seed, some dies of draught, some get grow weak but some get eaten by predators but some fall in good soil and get fertilized, or say nourished and produce harvest. As someone who has sown a lot of seed I have noticed that much seed dies only tender care and a bit of blessing or as some call it good luck will produce harvest but much of it is planning, and timing and patience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are born again believers going to "The Great White Throne Judgement"?
Yes.

Every person is judged immediately after he dies. Hebrews 9:27 He then goes to his own place just like the Rich Man in Luke 16:19-26 and Judas Iscariot in Acts 1:24-26. After Jesus returns for His second coming, the whole world will be judged at the great white throne/sheep and goats judgment. Everyone from every generation will then see who was saved and who was not.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says that only 2 robbers were crucified next to Jesus Christ at about the same time. It's possible that there were other robbers who had been crucified one or two or three days earlier than Jesus and the 2 robbers at the same location.
... This is because it took several days for a crucified person to die. In Jesus's case, it took only 6 hours.

WIKIPEDIA = Crucifixion is a method of capital punishment in which the victim is tied, nailed, or otherwise attached to a large wooden beam and left to hang for several days until eventual death from exhaustion and asphyxiation.

MATTHEW.27:38 says, "38 Then two robbers were crucified with Him, one on the right and another on the left."

MARK.15:27 says, "27 With Him they also crucified two robbers, one on His right and the other on His left."

It seems to me that the Gospel writers were only reporting about the two robbers who were on the left and right sides of Jesus during the same three hours that He was on the cross.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Christian isn't - John 5:24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

There's no White Throne judgment for the Christian.

A person who hears Jesus' word and believes/obeys the commandments of His Father right now until he dies will not come into judgment/condemnation. He will not be condemned to the second death/hell. He will enjoy eternal life in heaven with God.

There is no belief in God without obedience to His commandments.

Belief is obedience.

Unbelief is disobedience.

Hebrews 4:1-7
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest {eternal life in heaven with God}, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
They shall not enter My rest,’
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts. nkjv

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hebrews 10:26 says, "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,"

It says if we willfully sin (singular).
I think the verse should read - For if we purposely sin after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins would more accurrately convey the truth.

That would imply practicing intentional sin as a lifestyle.

That's All I wish to address at this time.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You still have yet to show me any Scripture that proves that you are correct in any way.
Please show me a list of verses that says we are still saved if we abide in one or two sins like adultery, theft, lying, etc. as long as we do not intend to do those things and only if we do them on rare occasion or once in this life time.
You hit on a primary key here with abide (live in).

The Christian doesn't abide in sin. The Christian abides in Jesus just like He said in Jn 15.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A person who hears Jesus' word and believes/obeys the commandments of His Father right now until he dies will not come into judgment/condemnation. He will not be condemned to the second death/hell. He will enjoy eternal life in heaven with God.
Sorry but that's not what Jn 5:24 says.
There is no belief in God without obedience to His commandments.
What commands are you talking about?
Belief is obedience.

Unbelief is disobedience.
Very true. The issue is what commands are being talked about. Are those the commands of Jesus as I Jn 3:23 says or are those commands the law issued to Israel alone?
Hebrews 4:1-7
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest {eternal life in heaven with God}, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
They shall not enter My rest,’
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts. nkjv
I've accepted the invitation Jesus gave in Mat 11:28-30.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's not talking about how we cannot judge our brother in no way at all. It is talking about how we are not to judge according to our liberty in Christ in regards to what we can eat and what day we celebrate as a part of the Sabbath. Some consider all days alike; And it is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. That's the context. The Bible speaks elsewhere in how we can judge our fellows brethren in many places (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 1 Corinthians 6:5).
What ever you wish.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

You try to put words in my mouth just to argue. No thanks here.

bugkiller

Reactions: Sheep dog
Upvote 0