Does the bible ever declare that being black is a curse from God??

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read my previous post. That is my impression of it. To me it seems as if He did things in that order so that in the end He could say His own received Him not. Not because Gentiles were "lesser". Remember the Samaritan woman :)

Perzackerly right

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what is the "state of being" that is the basis for God's holding the sins of my great-great-grandparents over my head?

I don't know about you but I had plenty of my own sins to make me guilty.

Upvote 0

TasteForTruth

Half-truths are lies wearing makeup
Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about you but I had plenty of my own sins to make me guilty.

:thumbsup: I know, right? Me too. It doesn't really make much difference that my grandfathers were sinners lol
Tossing accolades at one another does not address the issue. For what purpose does God hold the sins of our progenitors over us? What is the basis for such a disposition? It is a simple question.

Upvote 0

TasteForTruth

Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 18. He doesn't :)
Your response is to send me to read an entire chapter in the OT? And suppose I read it an come away with an understanding that He, indeed, does? What good has your response been?

I understand that you feel that God does not hold the sins of our progenitors over our heads, but that seems to be at odds with what God, Himself, has said. Rather than send me off on a reading assignment, please quote the portion of Ezekiel 18 that you feel answers the question and share with us why you feel it does. That is good forum etiquette.

Upvote 0

TasteForTruth

Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
<edit> Seems that if Nephi was a racist, He can't do any worse than God, who says that He holds over the heads of unborn peoples the sins of their great-great grandparents. Do you have any idea what God means by that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

peebly63

Mar 21, 2013
✟1,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe. Maybe not. Seems that if Nephi was a racist, He can't do any worse than God, who says that He holds over the heads of unborn peoples the sins of their great-great grandparents. Do you have any idea what God means by that?

I think it was a demonstration of the fact he is eternal and easily spans many generations, i think it also demonstrates the decision you make for yourself echo through other generations, so its important to teach your children to follow God and they will teach their children..

but again compared to claiming God is a racist like nephi does is totally different

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe. Maybe not. Seems that if Nephi was a racist, He can't do any worse than God, who says that He holds over the heads of unborn peoples the sins of their great-great grandparents. Do you have any idea what God means by that?

Nephi is not the racist. He describes a deity who is racist. Not the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You might start a new thread for that issue. :wave:

Upvote 0

TasteForTruth

Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I think it was a demonstration of the fact he is eternal and easily spans many generations, i think it also demonstrates the decision you make for yourself echo through other generations, so its important to teach your children to follow God and they will teach their children..
Are you saying that every soul for up to four generations will follow in the same steps as their progenitors, without variation whatever?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nephi's God is no more racist that Jesus, who would not send His gospel messengers to the Gentiles until after the resurrection.

You do not understand Messianic prophecy or the ministry of Christ. There is no racism in His actions. He cast out demons but He never turned anyone black as a curse.

Upvote 0

TasteForTruth

Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not really...

Does the bible ever declare that being black is a curse from God??
When and how dark skin was introduced among Adam and Eve's children is not detailed in the Bible. Or do you believe it is?

Or is it the other way around? Were Adam and Eve of dark skin, and light skin was introduced somewhere down the line... Does the Bible detail these issues?

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that every soul for up to four generations will follow in the same steps as their progenitors, without variation whatever?

Not seeing how you gathered that from his comment. But, with regard to people following the steps of their forefathers (so to speak), have you ever heard of "The Cycle of Abuse"?

Upvote 0

TasteForTruth

Dec 2, 2010
✟16,765.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not seeing how you gathered that from his comment. But, with regard to people following the steps of their forefathers (so to speak), have you ever heard of "The Cycle of Abuse"?
I sure have. Seems that God's curse upon the unborn children of the wicked does, in fact, hold to the third and fourth generation, just like He said.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.