Does the bible actually say anything about people who aren't born male or female? (Moved)

Jackson16

Nov 20, 2016
nevada
✟15,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was two years ago diagnosed with a condition that would imply I am chromosomally both male and female. I am wondering if there's anything in the bible about it. I think in part it has made me feel as though I don't really know how to feel about my own sexuality/gender because in a sense genetically I am more female than male but socially supposed to be male. But I mean GOD made me so he made me with xx/xxy chromosomes so I mean there's no real indication what that means for me. I can't even tell what is wrong or right. And all my family are religious Christians they think it's sinful like to be me. But I mean it's how I was created idk. Does anyone know if the bible has anything to say about this particularly?

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was two years ago diagnosed with a condition that would imply I am chromosomally both male and female. I am wondering if there's anything in the bible about it. I think in part it has made me feel as though I don't really know how to feel about my own sexuality/gender because in a sense genetically I am more female than male but socially supposed to be male. But I mean GOD made me so he made me with xx/xxy chromosomes so I mean there's no real indication what that means for me. I can't even tell what is wrong or right. And all my family are religious Christians they think it's sinful like to be me. But I mean it's how I was created idk. Does anyone know if the bible has anything to say about this particularly?

If your Christian family thinks it's sinful to be like you, and you were born like that, they're the problem, not you. Those in Biblical times didn't know much about genetics, so they couldn't have given as informed an answer. Heck, I wonder if they even encountered a case like yours, since they were one nation and your case is decently rare amount the 7 billion humans currently on the planet.

I understand your gender/sex confusion, though I say that your gender/sex is what your organs match up to—people can't really see your chromosome count, after all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello friend, I wonder, did God make you that way? I could be wrong, I hope my brothers and sisters correct me if I am.
As far as I understand the Word of the Bible, only Adam was formed perfect, and placed in a perfect location, but because of his sin, every thing started to decay. As a result you have xx/xxy chromosomes. Every one else born on this planet, has uniqueness, imperfections, weaknesses, defects on an on.
God greatly loves you no matter what uniqueness you may have been born with.
And guaranteed, He will be with you through any and all struggles you will encounter with your
xx/xxy chromosomes.
Place Him first and muster all the faith you have in Him.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and welcome to CF! I pray that you are blessed by being here!

The Bible doesn't discuss such chromosomal abnormalities.

God made male and female, in His image, created perfectly.

However, with the fall of mankind, death entered creation, sin affected the world, and this affected soooooooo many things - God's perfect creation began to have problems of various kinds. Sickness, genetic degradation, chromosomal abnormalities, and so on are the result. We are all affected in numerous ways to varying degrees.

Your condition is the result of the lack of continuing perfection in the world. It is not your fault, and it is not a sin. No one ought to blame you or look down on you for it.

However, it represents a cross for you to bear. We all have them, heavy ones, smaller ones, life is full of problems and trials. But I suspect yours is a rather heavy one.

Unfortunately no, there is nothing that tells you what you should do, as far as Scripture. You are in the same position as all of us - if you desire a partner, marriage is the only honorable path. If you happen not to desire one, that would probably be much easier for you in your case. But whichever is true of you, is the situation you are in.

But you are not sinning by having been born the way you are. How to proceed would really be a matter to discuss with your pastor/priest, if you have further questions.

Again, welcome to CF! Let us know (ambassadors, or any staff member - tags under our names) if you have any questions, or need help navigating the forums, and we will be glad to help. :)

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In the new covenant, there is no such a thing as "the flesh" in the understanding of the spirit: the carnal things are only looked upon by the carnal-minded. But those in the Spirit do not observe these things as having any profit at all. Look at this passage: Galatians 3:28. Therefore, nothing of the flesh matters; but only a new creature; a spirit: Galatians 6:15, 2 Corinthians 5:17 and of that which is born of flesh it's written: John 3:6, Romans 8:5

Your family is greatly erring in both spirit and judgment: John 8:15

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If your Christian family thinks it's sinful to be like you, and you were born like that, they're the problem, not you.
CrystalDragon is right.
Christ accepts everyone that comes to Him. Whatever your answer is to Sketcher, please read the verses on sexual immorality.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Jackson16 said:
I was two years ago diagnosed with a condition that would imply I am chromosomally both male and female. I think in part it has made me feel as though I don't really know how to feel about my own sexuality/gender because in a sense genetically I am more female than male but socially supposed to be male.
Can you describe how you thought or felt prior to the diagnosis?

Can you describe more fully just why you are "...socially supposed to be male". Are you equipped as a male, or just have a male given name?

Jackson16 said:
But I mean GOD made me so he made me with xx/xxy chromosomes so I mean there's no real indication what that means for me.
You seem to fit the general description of 'human'. That is an indication God wants a personal relationship with you. I suggest that as your starting point for any further determinations. I also suggest your relationship with God will direct all your other decisions and relationships.

Jackson16 said:
I can't even tell what is wrong or right.
About this 'issue' or about anything? It is 'right' to be in communication with God through Jesus. It is 'right' to follow what you do know about God as you are seeking further specific information.

Jackson16 said:
And all my family are religious Christians they think it's sinful like to be me.
That is curious. Unless of course, you are leaving something out of this introduction which forms the 'sinful' evaluation. Being born 'out of the ordinary' is no sin; using that condition as an excuse for sinful behavior is a sin.

[Staff edit]

Jackson16 said:
I am wondering if there's anything in the bible about it. Does anyone know if the bible has anything to say about this particularly?
Probably not in the manner you want. I doubt if 'your condition' is specifically and minutely detailed, along with the remedy or instructions for conduct.

The reference in Matthew 19 is a reasonable guide. Some folks are born 'not quite normal' - I'm trying hard to not sound prejudicial or judgmental here, I have bad eyes, am short of stature and have a tendency to be a bit more forthright than many people think I should be - and God enables them to be Christians and productive Christians.

No, it isn't always easy. Nor is life in general. The other Biblical comment and concept I suggest is 2nd Corinthians 12:7-10 and James 4:4-10. Even rich and 'cool' people need grace. Perhaps more so than those not so rich and 'cool'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I for a short time was in a relationship with someone who was born intersex. Which means they were born with both parts. Many churches turned her away when they found out. So I don't believe she was in sin since she was born with both. Though I imagine God would want her to choose one. Or maybe if choosing to live as intersex then stay celibate.

In your case since I assume you were born with specific parts. Go by that.

Upvote 0

Jackson16

Nov 20, 2016
nevada
✟15,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you have the man parts or the woman parts? Or neither? Or both? That is how gender would have been determined when the Bible was written.
I was born with male parts but went into a female puberty. And in a sense would like to keep it that way....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jackson16

Nov 20, 2016
nevada
✟15,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was born legally male. I have male genitals but I have a female figure.

yeah I pray about it I've prayed about it since this all started out.

Like well on top of all this I am also bisexual romantically mainly attracted to men. And I don't really know what's right or wrong. My parents don't like it because they think this makes me gay basically and therefore evil. But I mean I just want someone like anyone else I can't be alone for the rest of my life. I didn't do anything to cause loneliness on myself forever. And then sometimes I hav innocent thoughts that I'm not sure if they're evil or not.

Can you describe how you thought or felt prior to the diagnosis?

Can you describe more fully just why you are "...socially supposed to be male". Are you equipped as a male, or just have a male given name?

You seem to fit the general description of 'human'. That is an indication God wants a personal relationship with you. I suggest that as your starting point for any further determinations. I also suggest your relationship with God will direct all your other decisions and relationships.

About this 'issue' or about anything? It is 'right' to be in communication with God through Jesus. It is 'right' to follow what you do know about God as you are seeking further specific information.

That is curious. Unless of course, you are leaving something out of this introduction which forms the 'sinful' evaluation. Being born 'out of the ordinary' is no sin; using that condition as an excuse for sinful behavior is a sin.

In about 1971 (I remember where I was living) I read in the paper about a man convicted of raping, torturing and murdering a child. In an interview, the convicted man - who confessed to the allegations - he couldn't help himself, because "... God created ...[him]... that way". I thought that a rather flimsy and blasphemous statement then and still do. One's physical limitations - either genetic or 'acquired' - do NOT force a person to live a sinful life.

Probably not in the manner you want. I doubt if 'your condition' is specifically and minutely detailed, along with the remedy or instructions for conduct.

The reference in Matthew 19 is a reasonable guide. Some folks are born 'not quite normal' - I'm trying hard to not sound prejudicial or judgmental here, I have bad eyes, am short of stature and have a tendency to be a bit more forthright than many people think I should be - and God enables them to be Christians and productive Christians.

No, it isn't always easy. Nor is life in general. The other Biblical comment and concept I suggest is 2nd Corinthians 12:7-10 and James 4:4-10. Even rich and 'cool' people need grace. Perhaps more so than those not so rich and 'cool'.
I always thought eunuch meant castrated though? Or does it mean low T? I'm the latter not the first.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was born with male parts but went into a female puberty.
Meaning you started having periods?
And in a sense would like to keep it that way....
Not sure what you mean by that.

Anyway - Jackson you are EXACTLY the kind of person I have been wondering about and praying for for about a decade. I have posted numerous threads on several different christian websites and discussion groups and no one wants to even discuss the issue.

Since you are here, it is not something that can be ignored any more. The church as a whole must get off its duff and do some serious bible study and prayer on this issue.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the new covenant, there is no such a thing as "the flesh" in the understanding of the spirit: the carnal things are only looked upon by the carnal-minded.
Sorry - but that is gnostic heresy.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GOD made me so he made me with xx/xxy chromosomes
By this do you mean some cells are xx (female) and others are xxy (nuclear non-disjunction on the part of your dad)? If so it would indicate that you might be a chimera, the fusing of 2 separate concepti - twins. And one of them got absorbed early on by the other. If so - you may actually be 2 different people.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By this do you mean some cells are xx (female) and others are xxy (nuclear non-disjunction on the part of your dad)? If so it would indicate that you might be a chimera, the fusing of 2 separate concepti - twins. And one of them got absorbed early on by the other. If so - you may actually be 2 different people.
Dave, maybe a form of Klinefelter Syndrome.
As you know chimera have two sets of DNA. But I think this is different because it is an abnormal combination of chromosomes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jackson - I would question this of your parents. Sin is something that in the blble we are commanded to "repent" from; which means to turn away from and walk the other way.

How would they suggest you do that? Repent of a chromosome anomaly?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dave, maybe a form of Klinefelter Syndrome.
As you know chimera have two sets of DNA. But I think this is different because it is an abnormal combination of chromosomes.
Klinefelter could account for the xxy; but not the xx. Having 2 different chromosomal profiles had to mean there were 2 different concepti.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics