Does Spirit baptism still happen today by the laying on of hands?

Does Spirit baptism still happen today by the laying on of hands?

• Total voters

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Half the time I forget, and the other half of the time I am speaking a language they can understand. - lol
Now you know I feel bro. And....true confession I 'once felt' that very same way with you. NO MORE! :oldthumbsup: I've mentioned what I believe concerning what spirit we receive in almost every post. Guess what.....never caught it once, never once challenged it. That just shows me that I am speaking way over someones ability to comprehend anything beyond what they are committed to believing and seeing.

Did I tell you what one of my church elders said before he asked me to start mentoring him AGAIN every Tuesday since our leaving the church for 10 years ago? (Been back 2) It was on this very subject of not receiving the Holy Spirit at initial salvation. I had him read Eph 1:13 and asked him what he saw. Well you know what he saw upon reading the verse in KJV? He saw the "Holy Spirit". I made him read it again....same thing. Then I pointed out what the KJV printed. He was shocked, he couldn't believe he missed SEEING it. That's what happens to the 'indoctrinated' minds we deal with here. I put that verse plus two others in sequential order, and do you know what the response was? NADA, never mentioned by anyone. Everyone does not have the "eyes to see or the ears to hear" what others 'see and hear'. But then, you don't either, though you may have caught it this time because I've showed you before. ;) I only say that to you Steve because I know you are mature enough to take it and laugh at my arrogance......or is it assurance? But the fact does remain for us all, without 'similar' spiritual discernment...there is always bad judgment on the part of those lacking what they 'think' they have. In my humble opinion...of course. ^_^

That's why I usually just get tired of playing with the father's children and quit. It matters not that they think they're the mature big one and I'm the heretic idiot. I learned from my son long ago; Just because he was walking around in my shoes which are way to big for him...he was still my little boy when he'd look at me and say to mommy; "LOOK I'M JUST LIKE DADDY." And with a smile what could you say? "You sure are...son." :)

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you know I feel bro. And....true confession I 'once felt' that very same way with you. NO MORE! :oldthumbsup: I've mentioned what I believe concerning what spirit we receive in almost every post. Guess what.....never caught it once, never once challenged it. That just shows me that I am speaking way over someones ability to comprehend anything beyond what they are committed to believing and seeing.

Did I tell you what one of my church elders said before he asked me to start mentoring him AGAIN every Tuesday since our leaving the church for 10 years ago? (Been back 2) It was on this very subject of not receiving the Holy Spirit at initial salvation. I had him read Eph 1:13 and asked him what he saw. Well you know what he saw upon reading the verse in KJV? He saw the "Holy Spirit". I made him read it again....same thing. Then I pointed out what the KJV printed. He was shocked, he couldn't believe he missed SEEING it. That's what happens to the 'indoctrinated' minds we deal with here. I put that verse plus two others in sequential order, and do you know what the response was? NADA, never mentioned by anyone. Everyone does not have the "eyes to see or the ears to hear" what others 'see and hear'. But then, you don't either, though you may have caught it this time because I've showed you before. ;) I only say that to you Steve because I know you are mature enough to take it and laugh at my arrogance......or is it assurance? But the fact does remain for us all, without 'similar' spiritual discernment...there is always bad judgment on the part of those lacking what they 'think' they have. In my humble opinion...of course. ^_^

That's why I usually just get tired of playing with the father's children and quit. It matters not that they think they're the mature big one and I'm the heretic idiot. I learned from my son long ago; Just because he was walking around in my shoes which are way to big for him...he was still my little boy when he'd look at me and say to mommy; "LOOK I'M JUST LIKE DADDY." And with a smile what could you say? "You sure are...son." :)
To my amazement, it looks like I did state this correctly. (went back to check - post #135)
Maybe you are seeing things that aren't there as well. - lol

I don't think anyone is arguing against that point. We are referring to the subsequent experience of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit, which is different than the initial indwelling that comes. I thought that is what the topic was about. Whether the Baptism with the Holy Spirit requires the laying on of hands.

Do you actually believe that the Spirit did not indwell new believers in the NT era? That they did not receive the Spirit at all unless hands were laid on them?

I stated any reference to the indwelling as "the Spirit" (the word "Holy" is absent) - Granted I didn't clarify by writing "the Spirit of Christ". But that gets back to "speaking their language". Clarity would have muddied the waters. (I know, I know...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That just shows me that I am speaking way over someones ability to comprehend anything beyond what they are committed to believing and seeing.
You are used to working with dislocated backs, but around here we are dealing with dislocated heads. Probably in need of a proctologist for safe removal from where they are lodged.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some Pentecostals be like...
You are moving in the right direction. You have moved from "rampant" to "Some".
However, it is still a prejudicial view to dismiss a whole segment of the church due to the actions of a few. Would it be okay to make fun of your denomination next?

GaveMeJoy said:
Nevertheless, the abuse of tongues and pretend speaking in tongues without edifying is just as rampant now as it was in the Corinthian church

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So you believe the holy Spirit mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 is Jesus?

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
To my amazement, it looks like I did state this correctly. (went back to check - post #135)
Maybe you are seeing things that aren't there as well. - lol
That's what befuddled me concerning that post. I know you've heard the story. I know you still may not 'own' my opinion concerning it. And WE are both OK with that. I know I present a lot of big pills to swallow.

But it's when someone doesn't specify whether the capitalized word "Spirit" means 'Holy Spirit' or Spirit of Christ' to them, makes all the difference to me. If they're just going to read "Spirit" in their bibles and not not even realizing that the translators themselves don't even know 'when and which' Sspirit is being talked about in the Greek, then they are simply being brain washed by the brain washed.

I stated any reference to the indwelling as "the Spirit" (the word "Holy" is absent) - Granted I didn't clarify by writing "the Spirit of Christ". But that gets back to "speaking their language". Clarity would have muddied the waters. (I know, I know...)
You are right, clarity only exists for the one that truly sees. Oh well, I've spent too much time here lately again. I need to get to work on an assignment that Jamie Winship gave me after our visit Wednesday concerning an issue I shared with him after he spoke in Kansas City. I really respect that man.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So you believe the holy Spirit mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 is Jesus?
No, I believe it is the same holy spirit that was in "Jesus the Christ" when He was born.

MAT 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Apparently one disciple forgot "to tell no man" in his gospel, but the secret is still pretty much church wide obliviousness.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need to get to work on an assignment that Jamie Winship gave me after our visit Wednesday concerning an issue I shared with him after he spoke in Kansas City. I really respect that man.
I watched the video from the link you sent me and also this Maui 2019 series.
Which focuses on false and true identity. Good stuff.
Come Alive Maui

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it's when someone doesn't specify whether the capitalized word "Spirit" means 'Holy Spirit' or Spirit of Christ' to them, makes all the difference to me. If they're just going to read "Spirit" in their bibles and not not even realizing that the translators themselves don't even know 'when and which' Sspirit is being talked about in the Greek, then they are simply being brain washed by the brain washed.
Few have been challenged to prove from the Scripture that it is the Holy Spirit that indwells. I was surprised that I couldn't prove it. I guess everyone has their own set of reading glasses. (prescribed by their spiritual background) If I can "frame" it that way. - lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I believe it is the same holy spirit that was in "Jesus the Christ" when He was born.

MAT 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Apparently one disciple forgot "to tell no man" in his gospel, but the secret is still pretty much church wide obliviousness.
That reminds me of this puzzling scripture in John.

John 18:20
I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

COMPARE:

Matthew 12:16
He warned them not to tell others about him.

Matthew 13:13
This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Matthew 13:10-13
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that different than the spirit that conceived Christ? The "sSpirit" that "overshadowed" Mary? As if the spirit of Christ conceived the man who "became" known as the Christ.
Do you assign a spirit to each member of the Trinity?

Sorry, I know you were TRYING to get OFF the forum. Here I am, drawing you back. - lol

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That reminds me of this puzzling scripture in John.

John 18:20
I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

COMPARE:

Matthew 12:16
He warned them not to tell others about him.

Matthew 13:13
This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Matthew 13:10-13
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
These are veiled truths for sure. And don't forget to add;

LUK 8:10 he said, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God; but for others they are in parables, so that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.

God will not lift the veil from our minds prematurely to see truth, before we're ready and able to walk in them...eg obey. The Lord taught parables to hide the truth from those not ready to embrace the truth, and yet, at the same time the parable did reveal truth to those who were ready.

HEB 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their faculties trained by practice to distinguish good from evil. 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.....JUDGMENT AGE DURING YLT. JUDGMENT AGE ABIDING Weymouth

And one of the "elementary doctrine/logos of Christ" is "Judgment age during.

1CO 2:6 Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glorification.

I've received teaching that makes me wonder if I/we will not be judged for feeding spiritual children beyond their maturity level to even walk. What's shared here goes WWW.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Is that different than the spirit that conceived Christ? The "sSpirit" that "overshadowed" Mary? As if the spirit of Christ conceived the man who "became" known as the Christ.
Do you assign a spirit to each member of the Trinity?

Sorry, I know you were TRYING to get OFF the forum. Here I am, drawing you back. - lol
No the Holy Spirit of God did "invest preturnatural" power into the womb of Mary.

That Holy Spirit power birthed the spirit of Christ "that holy thing" which made him the "son of God". His flesh came from "the Word became flesh" seed/sperma impregnating 'sinful flesh' Mary, and that's what made him the "son of Man".

LUK 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow/episkiazo thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

1982 episkiazo: to cast a shade upon, i.e. (by anal.) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; fig. to invest with preternatural influence

"That which is born of the Spirit...is the spirit."

Jesus never had the Holy Spirit, only
the WORD left the trinity to become FLESH.

You dog, you. ;)

• Informative
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No the Holy Spirit of God did "invest preturnatural" power into the womb of Mary.

That Holy Spirit power birthed the spirit of Christ "that holy thing" which made him the "son of God". His flesh came from "the Word became flesh" seed/sperma impregnating 'sinful flesh' Mary, and that's what made him the "son of Man".

LUK 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow/episkiazo thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

1982 episkiazo: to cast a shade upon, i.e. (by anal.) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; fig. to invest with preternatural influence

"That which is born of the Spirit...is the spirit."

Jesus never had the Holy Spirit, only the WORD left the trinity to become FLESH.

You dog, you. ;)
Very informative. Thanks.
Curious about your analysis of this one. Holy Spirit/Ghost, or mistranslation? (indwelling sSpirit of Christ)

1 Corinthians 2:13 NIV
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

1 Corinthians 2:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

THE CONTEXT

1 Corinthians 2:8-16 NIV
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,
“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Curious about your analysis of this one. Holy Spirit/Ghost, or mistranslation? (indwelling sSpirit of Christ)

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
Difficult passages, even for translating Gr. scholars, but especially for those who just want to 'simply and superficially' read the bible'..and yet arrive at the deeper truths. :doh:

KJV 1CO 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Other texts have "spirit" "Spirit" Even as I point out in your NIV text below.

NIV 1Co 2:12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

My Wescott and Hort Greek text has "spirit" only in verse 13,
My Steven's Greek text has "spirit holy" in verse 13.....but then adds [the] (definite article) into the Greek text and then adds it to the English bible translation on the margin capitalizing both. Remember me teaching that the definite article [the], changes a verb into a noun.

Example: "THE doctor (noun) is in his office let's have him doctor (verb) that cut for you."

And holy spirit without a [the] in the Greek means the the power that comes from the person of THE Holy Spirit.
THE CONTEXT

1 Corinthians 2:8-16 NIV
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ.[/quote]

16 for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?”

But we have the mind of Christ.
Some would say the WE means ME/I have it. Do we/I have it? Well the Greek word for "WE" there is Case: accusative, Number: singular, Gender: Masculine. So does that mean the 'singular' body of Christ WE? Or does it mean the 'singular' mind of the spirit of Christ in me, a singular individual? Is there a corporate mind requiring the corporate dependent on the whole...including the head...Christ Jesus?

Any scholar want to weigh in on this? I don't claim to know all, and I need to get some things done.

Hope this makes your wheels turn Steve....but be careful....you just might 'end up' someplace deep enough to get stuck. ^_^ Just like the guys who translated OUR SIMPLE BIBLES to support their indoctrinated brains. :)

• Informative
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... Hope this makes your wheels turn Steve....but be careful....you just might 'end up' someplace deep enough to get stuck. ^_^ Just like the guys who translated OUR SIMPLE BIBLES to support their indoctrinated brains. :)
As relates to my question, in practical terms, I suppose it doesn't matter.

At least in terms of what EXACTLY the source is. Whether it be the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, or even our own spirit responding to the others. We are spirit soup anyway. We even swim in it. Full of sSpirit and surrounded by sSpirit. The only spirit to reject is the spirit of this world.

In reality this should be a wake-up call for the Bible-thumpers. Those only interested in chapter and verse to argue their point. How much of that is merely "human wisdom"? A library is a wonderful tool toward an end, not the end itself, and not an idol to bow down and worship. Nor is it more important than the human you are debating with. So easy to lose sight of that.

Yet the Apostle says: What we speak, is not human wisdom, but spirit-taught words explaining spiritual realities. Words that are seen in the spirit with spiritual eyes. Spiritual truths opened up to those who know where to look and how to see them. Looking where the spirit is pointing. Understanding that which is not seen with the physical eyes. Seeing into the unseen realm. Hearing what God says about it. "The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God." - vs 10

Saint Steven said:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As relates to my question, in practical terms, I suppose it doesn't matter.

At least in terms of what EXACTLY the source is. Whether it be the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, or even our own spirit responding to the others. We are spirit soup anyway. We even swim in it. Full of sSpirit and surrounded by sSpirit. The only spirit to reject is the spirit of this world.
What makes you think that our born again spirit ISN'T the spirit of Christ? 2 Cor 5:17 says "if anyone is in Christ (he is) a new creation/creature" depending on translation.

Saint Steven said:

I'm more curious as to why KJV translated as, Holy Ghost 89 times, and Holy Spirit 4 times....hmmm.

The 4 Holy Spirit times are Luk 11:13, Eph 1:13, 4:30, 1Th 4:8.

LUK 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give [the] Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Neither I, or EW Bullinger (Word Studies On The Holy Spirit) believe God gave 'the person' of the Holy Spirit in this verse. In the Greek translators again added the [the], and then capitalized Holy Spirit. But we're saying God never gave the Holy Spirit (person) to anyone, The Holy Spirit (giver) gave the (gift) of holy spirit (POWER) in this verse. Read it with that understanding and see if it doesn't make more sense.

WOW WOW WOW STEVE, :clap::clap::clap: I just found another "holy Spirit" verse in the KJV. :) And also found out that Isa 63:11 in RSV also says holy Spirit.

1TH 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

And in reading EW Bullinger's book on this verse above he says that even though the definite articles are written in the literal Greek as "the spirit of him the holy" that we are not talking about the Holy Spirit of God but the holy spirit gift FROM God. And I'm saying that holy spirit is 'the spirit of Christ'. Just like the spirit that was in Jesus when he was born.

FYI Bullinger never taught that the holy spirit with definite articles was the 'spirit of Christ'. He always thought it was 'the new nature'....and why wouldn't that be the spirit of Christ?

I'm just going to quit with this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think that our born again spirit ISN'T the spirit of Christ? 2 Cor 5:17 says "if anyone is in Christ (he is) a new creation/creature" depending on translation.
That's a point to debate, I suppose.
There are plenty of scriptures that seem to indicate a difference between the two.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Romans 1:9
God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you

1 Corinthians 14:32
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.

2 Timothy 4:22
The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.

Philemon 1:25
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

2 Corinthians 7:1
Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

2 Corinthians 7:13
By all this we are encouraged. In addition to our own encouragement, we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you.

Galatians 6:18
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW WOW WOW STEVE, :clap::clap::clap: I just found another "holy Spirit" verse in the KJV. :)

1TH 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

And in reading EW Bullinger's book on this verse above he says that even though the definite articles are written in the literal Greek as "the spirit of him the holy" that we are not talking about the Holy Spirit of God but the holy spirit gift FROM God. And I'm saying that holy spirit is 'the spirit of Christ'. Just like the spirit that was in Jesus when he was born.
Hey, that's BIG news. So, does that make two that you have found, or were there more that I didn't know about?

Upvote 0