Does sola scriptura make the bible a new member of the trinity?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If you do not want to answer the question just say so. You do not have to if you do not want to.
I did answer the question, you just didn't like my answer.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did answer the question, you just didn't like my answer.
No you didn't because I never said that the bible was Jesus. I asked you how can you separate Gods' Word from God? Your OP has a faulty premise designed to confuse others into unbelief of Gods' Word. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" - 2 timothy 3:16. Simple as that. There is no salvation outside of faith *Romans 14:23 according to the scriptures as faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17. Anyhow as posted earlier you do not have to answer the question if you do not want to. Of course you are free to believe as you wish and we will agree to disagree. Your question in my view is only one designed by those who seek to turn the reader away from God's Word to the teachings and traditions of men that Jesus warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9. Anyhow thanks for the quick discussion.

Take care.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No you didn't because I never said that the bible was Jesus.

Actually you did.

You call the bible the word of God, but the bible calls Jesus the word of God. Jesus calls the spoken words of the Father "truth"

So in stating the text is the word of God, you are confusing terminology in the scripture, so the distinction provided in my answer - was necessary.

By the way, you can continue spamming the same information post after post - but it will not change my answer.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Actually you did.

You call the bible the word of God, but the bible calls Jesus the word of God. Jesus calls the spoken words of the Father "truth"

So in stating the text is the word of God, you are confusing terminology in the scripture, so the distinction provided in my answer - was necessary.

By the way, you can continue spamming the same information post after post - but it will not change my answer.

I see so now your trying to claim I said Jesus is the bible after I said no such thing and made no such claim and even said this to you earlier? Please post me a link and prove your claims. If you cannot why are you pretending now I am saying things I have never said? You are doing so in order to avoid answering my question to you which was how can you separate God's Word from God when Gods' Word belongs to God? - 2 timothy 3:16.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I see so now your trying to claim I said Jesus is the bible after I said no such thing and already told you that was not what I was asking you? Please post me a link and prove your claims. If you cannot why are you pretending now I am saying things I have never said?
Actually, I already explained that last post.

Since you cannot derive meaning from my posts, further explanation would be fruitless.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I already explained that last post.
Since you cannot derive meaning from my posts, further explanation would be fruitless.
I do not think anything else needs to be said. If you do not want to answer my question you do not have to. I will leave that between you and God and others here. How you think you can separate God from His Word is beyond me that is why I asked the question to you. As posted earlier according to the scriptures there is no salvation outside of faith *Romans 14:23 and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17. Of course you are free to believe as you wish and we will agree to disagree. Your question in my view is only one designed by those who seek to turn the reader away from God's Word to the teachings and traditions of men that Jesus warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9. Anyhow thanks for the quick discussion. I agree it is fruitless to continue.

Take care. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I do not think anything else needs to be said. If you do not want to answer my question you do not have to. I will leave that between you and God and others here. As posted earlier according to the scriptures there is no salvation outside of faith *Romans 14:23 and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17. Of course you are free to believe as you wish and we will agree to disagree. Your question in my view is only one designed by those who seek to turn the reader away from God's Word to the teachings and traditions of men that Jesus warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9. Anyhow thanks for the quick discussion.

Take care. :wave:
It wasn't a discussion, but take care also.

Upvote 0