Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Simple straightforward question. Does sinful man (all of us) deserve the justice of God?

Yes. God is just in all that He does. Including holding me accountable for my sin. I would be deserving to justly face condemnation, even hell itself.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Simple straightforward question. Does sinful man (all of us) deserve the justice of God?

Of course sinful man deserves justice. The wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. Sin is the transgression of God's LAW and through the LAW we have the knowledge of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. All those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son.

Do you think that all those who continue in known unrepentant sin (unbelief in God's Word and breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) are in a saved state before God or an unsaved state before God?

Thanks

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Not at all. None of us deserve the justice which we have received by the kindness and love of God in Jesus Christ. As sinners we all stand condemned by the Law, and yet it is God in His kindness who lovingly, graciously, and generously meets us in Christ to save us. Demonstrating His justice by justifying the unjust.

We are owed nothing. But God who is gracious reveals His justice to us by the Gospel, that we might be freely justified by His grace.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Is that justice?

No. Justice, that is rightness, righteousness, etc; is that which is right and good; and the setting of things right.

The second death is not justice, but deprivation of justice. It is the result of man's inborn hostility to God and willful rejection of the good God and what He has willed and desired for all His creatures. Hell is not justice, hell is the absence of justice, the absence of the full measure of God's setting all things aright by His wonderful mercy in Christ and what Christ has done for the whole world.

-CryptoLtheran

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus sort of grabbed my attention with this post.

The answer I had thought up was that "in Ezekial (18ish) it is set out that if a son does good, he will be rewarded, if a son does not do good he will be punished".

In other words, all men deserve something, but it depends on their conduct.
True. And in Romans 10, Paul explains our conduct.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. None of us deserve the justice which we have received by the kindness and love of God in Jesus Christ. As sinners we all stand condemned by the Law, and yet it is God in His kindness who lovingly, graciously, and generously meets us in Christ to save us. Demonstrating His justice by justifying the unjust.

We are owed nothing. But God who is gracious reveals His justice to us by the Gospel, that we might be freely justified by His grace.

-CryptoLutheran
What is the just punishment for a sinner?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Of course sinful man deserves justice. The wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. Sin is the transgression of God's LAW and through the LAW we have the knowledge of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. All those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son.

Do you think that all those who continue in known unrepentant sin (unbelief in God's Word and breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) are in a saved state before God or an unsaved state before God?

Thanks
Then you must, by your own definition, think that those who worship on Sundays are not in a saved state.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What is the just punishment for a sinner?

The wages of sin is death. I deserve every ounce of misery which I invite upon myself by my miserable behavior; my sin incurs every harsh judgment of the Law so that, in the end, I should be found to be the miserable wretch that I know myself to be by the Law.

It is not God's will, however, that I find myself dead and in deepest darkest hell, but that I have life with Him by His Son. And so thanks be to God.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The wages of sin is death. I deserve every ounce of misery which I invite upon myself by my miserable behavior; my sin incurs every harsh judgment of the Law so that, in the end, I should be found to be the miserable wretch that I know myself to be by the Law.

It is not God's will, however, that I find myself dead and in deepest darkest hell, but that I have life with Him by His Son. And so thanks be to God.

-CryptoLutheran
So what we deserve is justice. What we receive, as believers, is mercy.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Of course sinful man deserves justice. The wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. Sin is the transgression of God's LAW and through the LAW we have the knowledge of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. All those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son.

Your reply...
Then you must, by your own definition, think that those who worship on Sundays are not in a saved state.

Not really. God's Word teaches about known sin and unknown sin. We are not held accountable to sin until we know it is sin then choose to reject God's Word in order to continue in sin *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17.

Sin is defined in God's Word as the transgression of God's LAW (10 commandments and unbelief) *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 14:23.

The problem you have is that none of what you are responding to is my definition of what sin is it is God's Word that defines what sin is not me, I only provided the scriptures that define sin. These are God's Word not mine *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11; ROMANS 3:20. That leaves you with a big problem.

Your avoiding answering the question asked of you is noted. Did you wish to have another go?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No part of creation deserves anything from God. But, since God is just, He'll deal justly with all.

As for moral culpability, a just God would only hold man accountable for what he can choose to do, or not do. If he has no ability to avoid sin then he wouldn't be accountable for that sin as he's not free to refrain from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your reply...

Not really. God's Word teaches about known sin and unknown sin. We are not held accountable to sin until we know it is sin *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17.

Sin is defined in God's Word as the transgression of God's LAW (10 commandments and unbelief) *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 14:23.

The problem you have is that none of what you are responding to is my definition of what sin is it is God's Word that defines what sin is not me, I only provided the scriptures that define sin. These are God's Word not mine *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11; ROMANS 3:20. That leaves you with a big problem.

Your avoiding answering the question asked of you is noted. Did you wish to have another go?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...
I don’t want to derail my own thread. The bottom line is that you believe that we, as sinners, are deserving of God’s justice, correct?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No part of creation deserves anything from God. But, since God is just, He'll deal justly with all.

As for moral culpability, a just God would only hold man accountable for what he can choose to do, or not do. If he has no ability to avoid sin then he wouldn't be accountable for that sin as he's not free to refrain from it.
You say that no part of creation deserves anything. The Bible says the wages of sin is death. Do we deserve our wages?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don’t want to derail my own thread. The bottom line is that you believe that we, as sinners, are deserving of God’s justice, correct?
Not really the bottom line is that you do not wish to answer the question asked of you because it disagrees with what you believe. What I have asked you is only relevant to the question your asking in the OP so trying to say it is not relevant to the OP is not really an answer not to answer the question asked of you is it? I already answered your question in the first post to you, what do you think that post means?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not really the bottom line is that you do not wish to answer the question asked of you because it disagrees with what you believe. I already answered your question in the first post to you, what do you think that post means?
Again, I don’t want to derail this thread. You said man deserves justice. We will leave it at that.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again, I don’t want to derail this thread. You said man deserves justice. We will leave it at that.
Again how is it derailing the OP when it is directly relevant to the OP? No I did not state man deservse justice. What do you think my first post to you means?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Again how is it derailing the OP when it is directly relevant to the OP?
It’s not relevant. Whatever you think is sin, it’s deserving of God’s judgment and justice.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It’s not relevant. Whatever you think is sin, it’s deserving of God’s judgment and justice.
Of course it is relavant to the OP. Your question is in relation to justice, sin and mankind. Or are we talking about something different here? That is why I asked you...

This is relevant to God's justice and the wages of sin to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

I can understand why you do not want to answer the question.

Upvote 0