Does Sin Consciousness Rule The Church ? (moved from Spirit-Filled/Charismatic)

G

gideons300

Good Morning,

Colossians 2:13; And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses.:amen:

Grace to you.

And acting on this truth, shall we not yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead, not as those needing to die?

But there is the catch. To do so, we must first believe that when Jesus rose from the dead, so did we. We are new.

But before we can believe that, we must believe and agree with God.... as Paul says....we must KNOW that when Christ died, so did we. Our old nature truly was taken out of the equation.

But before we can do that, we must want to die. We must hate our old life that constantly wants ITS way rather than God's. We must see ourselves as wretched men, and long for the FREE INDEED that God has promised all of us.

It is not enough to quote these amazing scriptures and try to assure ourselves of their blessings without going through this process. For us to be lifted up, we must come to the point of having no strength. We must hate our life, our rebellious self-nature, to find His.

Self must abdicate the throne, and therein lies the crux of our salvation. God cannot truly reign in us, nor can He bless us with overcoming life, life more abundant, until we WILLINGLY choose to offer up our free will and ask Him to live through us instead.

That is the definition of a living sacrifice.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Gideon,
The question was is the church in a state of sin consciousness? The verse I used does not use the dramatic. It states clearly we were dead, but have been quickened together with him. Now forgiven of all our trespasses.

One question how deaths does a believer have to die?

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does Sin Consciousness Rule The Church ?

It sure doesn't appear to, based on what I read and see in this forum and what I hear and see on many 'Christian' tv programs.

Actually, what I see mostly promoted and exhibited is 'sin unconsciousness'.

I think perhaps many persons just really don't know much about sin.

:idea:

I found this neat Bible study on sin (with Scripture references) to help one become more understanding of it:

A Bible study on Sin (Part-6A)

(Wow ... would you take a look at all those sins!!!)

To say a believer doesn't commit any of those sins after salvation is totally false ... denial ... a pipe dream.
The Only Perfect Man that has ever walked this earth was Jesus. The rest of us? We sometimes do sin and need to repent.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
(1 John 1:9)

Praise God! :)

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sure doesn't appear to, based on what I read and see in this forum and what I hear and see on many 'Christian' tv programs.

Actually, what I see mostly promoted and exhibited is 'sin unconsciousness'.

I think perhaps many persons just really don't know much about sin.

:idea:

I found this neat Bible study on sin (with Scripture references) to help one become more understanding of it:

A Bible study on Sin (Part-6A)

(Wow ... would you take a look at all those sins!!!)

To say a believer doesn't commit any of those sins after salvation is totally false ... denial ... a pipe dream.
The Only Perfect Man that has ever walked this earth was Jesus. The rest of us? We sometimes do sin and need to repent.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
(1 John 1:9)

Praise God! :)

I dont turned around or frog are saying we dont sin. I think what they are getting at is believers should focus more on Christ and our place in Him as the righteousness of God than going to church and hearing the atypical we are all just dirty rotten sinners message.

Perhaps thats what Paul talked about when he spoke of renewing the mind and thinking upon heavenly things. He wanted us to dwell upon our place in Christ and out of the mindset flows love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faith, self control. Instead of dwelling upon sin and continuing to be in sin as a result.

If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. (Hebrews 11:15 ESV)

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont turned around or frog are saying we dont sin. I think what they are getting at is believers should focus more on Christ and our place in Him as the righteousness of God than going to church and hearing the atypical we are all just dirty rotten sinners message.

Are you saying then that you believe sin consciousness 'rules' in the church today?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying then that you believe sin consciousness 'rules' in the church today?

I don't know I think there are extremes both ways honestly. The center is where we need to be, on Christ. Anything outside of that, and we have lost our way.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Good Morning,

Colossians 2:13; And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses.:amen:

Grace to you.

Yes, Christians are obsessed with sins and sinning. Ironic, considering God settled the sin issue over 2000 years ago.

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
Quite a list indeed! But even in the loose church at Corinth. The apostle of grace still spoke over them. " Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given by Jesus Christ.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,
Quite a list indeed! But even in the loose church at Corinth. The apostle of grace still spoke over them. " Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given by Jesus Christ.

Grace to you.

Yes, and he even called them the sanctified.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know I think there are extremes both ways honestly. The center is where we need to be, on Christ. Anything outside of that, and we have lost our way.

I can go with that. :)

But what I see 'turned around' and 'frogster' continually promoting throughout this forum is one of the extreme approaches to sin - aka 'sin unconsciousness' ... and with that view I totally disagree.

Now they, or others here, may want to try and accuse me of extreme 'sin consciousness' for even making mention of the word 'sin' (shhh! lol!), but nothing would be farther from the truth. I walk in grace. I know who I am in Christ.

I also love God. What God loves I love. What God hates so do I, and God hates sin.
What I choose for my life is the 'balanced' position.

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
So I'm guilty, you caught me red handed. Your accusing me of the same thing they accused Paul of. I will continue Spirit filled to preach grace. Grace only removes the dominion of sin over lives. I believe hard on the foundational book of Romans. Most believers don't understand that book. If and when they learn that doctrine. Then accountability comes into the picture, for further development.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
So I'm guilty, you caught me red handed. Your accusing me of the same thing they accused Paul of. I will continue Spirit filled to preach grace. Grace only removes the dominion of sin over lives.

You speak much of 'grace', but I can't help but wonder how deep is your understanding of it ...

... for is it not God's Grace, when a believer is able to recognize and confess his sin and turn from his sin and return again toward God?

I surely believe it is. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
What I do know about grace is that ministers to men's hearts. It is God Almighty's chosen method to reach people (saved and unsaved). Is it costly " youbetcha", the Saviour shed his blood so we could benefit from it. I know none that fully understand it. How could you? It goes against all earthly understanding. It takes God's enemies, and turns them into son's. Cojoined with faith it justifies the heathen.

It strengthens the weak, builds backbones in the cowardly. It teaches men how to live righteous lives. It can easily to be frustrated though, it is amazing though. We don't know each others backgrounds. But I personally attest to graces transforming power.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
1. Still being nagged in ones conscience about past sins.
2. Am I really saved(will I lose it).
3. Dreading the judgement
4. No peace with God (I,m unworthy, going on for decades).
5. Jealousy toward other believers blessings.
6. Quick to find fault with people(judgemental)

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,
1. Still being nagged in ones conscience about past sins.
2. Am I really saved(will I lose it).
3. Dreading the judgement
4. No peace with God (I,m unworthy, going on for decades).
5. Jealousy toward other believers blessings.
6. Quick to find fault with people(judgemental)

Grace to you.

good reply!

Upvote 0