Does Science Agree With the Bible?

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
there is no scientific evidence that disproves God or disproving that He didn't create.

Now where was I? Oh yes, it depends upon your version of "God" Even you would probably admit that if someone demanded that their God says the Earth is flat and unmoving (as the Old Testament declares more than once), you would probably admit that science has proved that version of God does not exist. In the same way your version of God has been shown no to exist. We know that there was no flood, that there was no Adam and Eve, tower of Babel, or other stories in Genesis. You say your God does not exist by demanding that Genesis is real.

This statement alone answers so many questions I would have asked you.

So because Ice floats in water.
there couldn't have been a flood of water during Noah's time.
Why?
Your logic is a bit off.

That is because you are using a strawman.

1. Ice floats in water.
2. A flood is a large body of water.
therefore in conclusion
3. Ice will float in large amounts of water.

And you are back to agreeing that Noah's flood never happened.

Now if I replace 3 with what you said.

1. Ice floats in water.
2. A flood is a large body of water.
therefore in conclusion:
3. There was no flood.

Which one makes more sense?
And you want me to ask you hard questions?

You should be asking the easy question. I guess that one is too hard for you. The easy question would have been, how does the fact that ice float negate the Noah's Flood story. Go ahead and ask. It is not hard for me to answer at all.

Also it looks like you messed up the rest of your response. I don't see it. Only my post quoted again.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A HUGE amount of research has gone into trying to figure out how farming spread from the middle east to Europe. Noah was simply the first to take his whole farm / show on the road or ark as the case maybe. Natural grains are spread by the wind. With artificial selection the gains have to be gathered and stored and transported. If you want to take Noah and rip his page out of the history book then tell me what you got that you want to replace it with. Good luck getting rid of Noah sense his story is so ingrained and wide spread in so many areas of the world.

I seriously doubt if any of the research involved the story of Noah. Noah was never in the history book. I am not ripping anything out.

But if you want to discuss Noah and why we know there was no flood you need to first explain to me which version that you believe in. And there are countless versions throughout Christianity from a local flood that did not wipe out the people of the Earth to the kindergarten the whole world covered in water for a year version. So in your own words which version of the flood do you believe in?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree, the bible isn't a science book.
It's historical narrative.

But it does have science in it.

Parts of the bible can be considered historically credible, much of it is not deemed historically credible.

This is why, many biblical historians will state, the bible is much more a work of theology, as opposed to accurate history.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And how would you propose I demonstrate the non-physical part? [Rhetorical] See? You're doing it again...demanding what you are not prepared to receive. I am ready, able, and willing...but you are not.
Hey, it's your rodeo cowboy, fire away. I'm all ears.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The bible is spiritual words from a spiritual being that work in the spirit of man, aided by ministering spirits called angels at times. In all ways God is out of the fishbowl. In all ways God is out of the physical only realm.
The bible was written by men (most of them anonymous) with a rudimentary understanding of the common knowledge of the time.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible was written by men (most of them anonymous) with a rudimentary understanding of the common knowledge of the time.
Absurd. Those who read it intelligently realized that no man could ever have done it. Not even close. God had to have written it, and Jesus confirmed that. Insane denial and delusional last weekism aside, the central year of the calendar simply was not set to some fictional character.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
First, stories in books don't demonstrate anything.

Second, why can't two species share a common ancestor but not be able to interbreed? We see that horses and donkeys can no longer produce fertile offspring (1 in 10,000 mare mules is fertile), so why couldn't they reach the stage where they couldn't even produce any offspring, fertile or otherwise?

You get your information from books, correct? All I have to say about that. The awesome part is the book I get my info from is True.

Genome analysis suggests that the two species are swapping genes at a surprising rate. But each species has genome segments unique to its own kind, which seem to persist despite the mixing of the rest of the genome. It’s as if these parts of the genome were made of oil and the rest of water; the water easily mixes but the oil remains in distinct droplets

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

True, God used men as the instruments to put His Word to paper or clay or what ever type of material used at that time.
Most of them weren't anonymous.
The Bible was written over a span of 1500 years, by 40 writers. Unlike other religious writings, the Bible reads as a factual news account of real events, places, people, and dialogue. Historians and archaeologists have repeatedly confirmed its authenticity.

Using the writers' own writing styles and personalities, God shows us who he is and what it's like to know him.

There is one central message consistently carried by all 40 writers of the Bible: God, who created us all, desires a relationship with us. He calls us to know him and trust him.

The Bible not only inspires us, it explains life and God to us. It does not answer all the questions we might have, but enough of them. It shows us how to live with purpose and compassion. How to relate to others. It encourages us to rely on God for strength, direction, and enjoy his love for us. The Bible also tells us how we can have eternal life.

Multiple categories of evidence support the historical accuracy of the Bible as well as its claim to divine authorship.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
True, God used men as the instruments to put His Word to paper or clay or what ever type of material used at that time.
Most of them weren't anonymous.
The Bible was written over a span of 1500 years, by 40 writers. Unlike other religious writings, the Bible reads as a factual news account of real events, places, people, and dialogue. Historians and archaeologists have repeatedly confirmed its authenticity.

Using the writers' own writing styles and personalities, God shows us who he is and what it's like to know him.

There is one central message consistently carried by all 40 writers of the Bible: God, who created us all, desires a relationship with us. He calls us to know him and trust him.

The Bible not only inspires us, it explains life and God to us. It does not answer all the questions we might have, but enough of them. It shows us how to live with purpose and compassion. How to relate to others. It encourages us to rely on God for strength, direction, and enjoy his love for us. The Bible also tells us how we can have eternal life.

Multiple categories of evidence support the historical accuracy of the Bible as well as its claim to divine authorship.
On the contrary, the gospels are all anonymous, written in third person narrative, in a language Jesus never spoke, and from countries Jesus never visited, decades after his supposed death. As for accurate history, not hardly; no contemporary evidence for Jesus, Exodus is complete fiction, Herod never had two years and younger slaughtered, no kingdom of David, no evidence that people need return to the town of their birth for taxes, ... and the list goes on.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I seriously doubt if any of the research involved the story of Noah. Noah was never in the history book. I am not ripping anything out.

But if you want to discuss Noah and why we know there was no flood you need to first explain to me which version that you believe in. And there are countless versions throughout Christianity from a local flood that did not wipe out the people of the Earth to the kindergarten the whole world covered in water for a year version. So in your own words which version of the flood do you believe in?
We do not have evidence for everything in the Bible. The Bible does not always require evidence to be significant. We do not need to verify the Bible itself, we need to verify our interpretation or our understanding of the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the contrary, the gospels are all anonymous, written in third person narrative, in a language Jesus never spoke, and from countries Jesus never visited, decades after his supposed death.
This is not the General Apologetics forum.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Absurd. Those who read it intelligently realized that no man could ever have done it. Not even close. God had to have written it, and Jesus confirmed that. Insane denial and delusional last weekism aside, the central year of the calendar simply was not set to some fictional character.
The bible has all the earmarks of the work of humans; mistakes, plagiarism, fables, contemporary understanding, ethnocentric, and bigotry.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True. But as far as creation goes, there was no choice for us about what laws of nature would be in place in various times.
In the 119 psalm David teaches us about the laws of God and how good they are. The laws were intended for our benefit and well being. I really leaned a lot reading that psalm, also God has really impressed it upon me that He is pure and perfect justice. He can not allow any injustice. Even to the point where Jesus had to die in our place so that we can live.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, you are simply over sensitive. We are all ignorant in certain topics. You are clearly ignorant in science. But fear not! Education can cure ignorance.

And ape of course. If you go back far enough your ancestors were not humans. And you seemed to have a problem with this when you implied that vertebrates and mammals were the same group. Just as your grandfather's descendants are larger than your fathers descendants, vertebrates is a bigger group than mammals. The purpose of the line of descent was to show that there was no "change in kind".

Wrong, you are simply misunderstanding evolution as Darwin conceived. Once again there is no change of kinid in evolution. The offspring of vertebrates will always be vertebrates. Some of our terms right now are incorrect. Clades are monophyletic. Terms that are not monophyletic will result in confusion among non-scientists.

Wait, were you trying to define "kind" there? You did not do so. You gave some weak examples. I like my definition better. It works.

Sorry, you do not understand the concept of evidence. Since this is a scientific discussion it only makes sense to use scientific evidence. If you don't have a testable (which means falsifiable) hypothesis you don't have evidence. What reasonable test would falsify your acceptance of creationism?

[qoute]]

Well, your correct...evolution isn't good enough...and that isn't good enough for many us to change from believing that God create things to this half way thing of good enough.

When you are going to be this dishonest how do you expect people not to insult you? And remember, life is "good enough". It is clearly not "good".

You just contradicted yourself and you are also demonstrably wrong.

Don't say foolish things that are not true. No one is paying that bit of idiocy the least bit of attention. The book is simply based on a false premise. No real biologist has any concern about those claims.

No, it was refuted long ago. Please, you are just making yourself look worse. And more ignorant by the way.

It depends upon which version of "God" that you believe in. If you believe that your God flooded the Earth that God has been refuted. I will get to the rest of your errors later.[/QUOTE]

Your correct, we are all ignorant in many subjects. Science isn't one of them for me. Spanish is, French is, not science
And yours is about God, your extremely ignorant about Him.
I just don't put my faith in science as you do.
Again, I never said that mammals weren't vertebrae's man you really have a hard time reading.
But you have yet to show me hard evidence of ape to man...where is the Hard evidence.
Buy the way, my family went from tall to short to back to tall again.

I know what clades is...a group of biological taxa (as species) that includes all descendants of one common ancestor. I agree, we have one common Ancestor Adam and Eve and one common Creator, God.And that within a the same species you can interbreed, but there are some that cannot. It's believe the reason for this, and they're not quite certain of it, is there is some type of blocking in the genome of the species.
I know that you can't go from one kind to another kind. Nothing new there.
As for the line of decent, I call it the line of deceit, is that there are no...absolutely no transitional fossils to prove it.
Your correct again, Humans are monophyletic, we come from one couple. Adam and Eve.
About life being good enough, tell that to those who are starving, tell that to those who lose everything, No life isn't good enough, and the main reason,is because We aren't good enough. There is only one good and that's God.

Your really good at saying someone is wrong without backing it up....back it up if i'm demonstrably wrong.

There isn't many versions of God,there are false gods,then there is God,Jehovah of the Bible and He hasn't been refuted.
Prove it.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible has all the earmarks of the work of humans; mistakes, plagiarism, fables, contemporary understanding, ethnocentric, and bigotry.
Not to the honest and impartial folks who look and see no man could have done it, nor could any man have raised Christ from the dead. The earmarks are clear, and so missing them just shows us something about you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the 119 psalm David teaches us about the laws of God and how good they are.
That of course refers to His laws in the bible, and not to laws of nature.

The laws were intended for our benefit and well being. I really leaned a lot reading that psalm, also God has really impressed it upon me that He is pure and perfect justice. He can not allow any injustice. Even to the point where Jesus had to die in our place so that we can live.
True, but that is not related to science or the former times in any way that relates to the thread.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Now where was I? Oh yes, it depends upon your version of "God" Even you would probably admit that if someone demanded that their God says the Earth is flat and unmoving (as the Old Testament declares more than once), you would probably admit that science has proved that version of God does not exist. In the same way your version of God has been shown no to exist. We know that there was no flood, that there was no Adam and Eve, tower of Babel, or other stories in Genesis. You say your God does not exist by demanding that Genesis is real.

You know these things? where's the proof?
As I said earlier, and your right I goofed on the repost...lol. but as I was saying earlier, There is only one God, Jehovah God, from the Bible and again you say some crazy stuff...been refuted..prove it

That is because you are using a strawman.

What straw man argument?

And you are back to agreeing that Noah's flood never happened.
Now who's chunking down a straw man. Never said that, you did.

You should be asking the easy question. I guess that one is too hard for you. The easy question would have been, how does the fact that ice float negate the Noah's Flood story. Go ahead and ask. It is not hard for me to answer at all.

I did ask? I asked why?

It doesn't negate the Noah's flood story.

Also it looks like you messed up the rest of your response. I don't see it. Only my post quoted again.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That of course refers to His laws in the bible, and not to laws of nature.

True, but that is not related to science or the former times in any way that relates to the thread.

What is your definition of laws of nature?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not to the honest and impartial folks who look and see no man could have done it, nor could any man have raised Christ from the dead. The earmarks are clear, and so missing them just shows us something about you.
Indeed it does. You would be hard pressed to claim I'm gullible.

In fact, are you even aware that the word "gullible" isn't even in the dictionary?

Reactions: Davian
Upvote 0