Boondocks
✟49,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We know that satan tempts Christians, yet 'it' can't make them succumb to the temptation. Since naysayers aren't His (God's), why would 'it' tempt them other than for the reason to ensure they continue living in sin?

p.s. I take the liberty to not capitalize satan's name nor do I consider the devil to be anything but an 'it'.

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know that satan tempts Christians, yet 'it' can't make them succumb to the temptation. Since naysayers aren't His (God's), why would 'it' tempt them other than for the reason to ensure they continue living in sin?

p.s. I take the liberty to not capitalize satan's name nor do I consider the devil to be anything but an 'it'.

Why wouldn't satan be used to test everyone?

Upvote 0

BFOJ

Site Supporter
Dec 11, 2018
Boondocks
✟49,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why wouldn't satan be used to test everyone?

Because 'it' already has them in grasp, 'it' is the father of those who are unbelievers until they become believers, those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By making extravagant gestures in effort to avoid giving too much due to Satan your actually making him an interesting creature by drawing all attention toward him in your speech, rather than just speaking normally.

I'm not sure what naysayer means but it seems it means a non-believer to you so I'm going with that definition.

Does Satan leave the non believer alone? No. He does not. They become unwitting pawns in the game to draw as many souls away from God as possible...

They write books, infiltrate the church with heretical teachings and more; in general help to obfuscate the truth at every turn. They are part of Satan's army, whether or not they realize it.

Upvote 0

BFOJ

Site Supporter
Dec 11, 2018
Boondocks
✟49,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate and agree with the last half of your response.

I'm not sure what you mean by "making extravagant gestures" unless you're referring to my p.s.? When I use the term naysayer, yes, you're correct it refers to non-believers. Naysayers also are known as cynics, skeptics, and doubters.

FYI. I do not write like I speak, you picked up on that, very observant. There are personal reasons why I do this, but suffice it to say that it gives me an opportunity to broaden my vocabulary as well as keep my mind sharp as I am advancing in age and dealing with forgetfulness. My hope is that others may benefit as well when it comes to broadening their vocabularies as well, considering that many have succumbed to prevalent use of acronyms.

The Largest List of Chat Acronyms and Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) found of the Web - updated daily by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because 'it' already has them in grasp, 'it' is the father of those who are unbelievers until they become believers, those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior.

What if the very testing moved them away from God?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Satan doesn't leave anyone alone.

Revelation 12:9
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the devil and satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Upvote 0