Does Satan actually believe he can win against God?

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...Has Satan already partially succeeded against God by corrupting the souls of man and turning a percentage of them away from God? Would he consider himself successful in that regard? Would you?

I believe God has given freedom and reason for people. If they freely rather choose Satan than God, I think it is loss for the human, not for God.

Those who are God’s, Satan has no chance to win:

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1213 said in post #21:

Those who are God’s, Satan has no chance to win:

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:29

John 10:28-29 means that Christians will never spiritually perish so long as they remain in God's hand, and that no one outside of a Christian can ever take him or her out of God's hand. But John 10:28-29 doesn't mean that Christians are imprisoned in God's hand, that they can't wrongly employ their free will to jump out of God's hand themselves, such as by committing apostasy, to the ultimate loss of their salvation (Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6; 2 Timothy 2:12). Also, John 10:28-29 isn't contradicting that God Himself can in the end cast Christians out of His hand, that they can in the end lose their salvation, if they don't continue in His goodness (Romans 11:20-22), such as by wrongly employing their free will to commit a sin without repentance (Hebrews 10:26-29; 1 Corinthians 9:27, Luke 12:45-46) or become utterly lazy without repentance (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8).

Also, John 10:28-29 doesn't mean that a Christian's will is kept in God's hand in the sense that a Christian can't wrongly employ his will to the ultimate loss of his salvation. For any such "kept" will would be nothing but a destroyed will. It would make Christians like someone who has been lobotomized, strait-jacketed, drugged, and locked up in a cell. Thank God that He doesn't do that to Christians, but leaves them as free people with free will. And because He does, they themselves have to choose each and every day for the rest of their lives to deny themselves, to take up their crosses themselves, and to continue to follow Jesus Christ (Luke 9:23) to the end. And the Bible gives no assurance that every Christian will choose to do that (Hebrews 10:26-29, Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:2a).

Upvote 0