my kingdome
✟7,797.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Yes or no? If so why?

for me of course
prayer is the most important thing in my life, we pray five times a day , I can't even sleep without finishing my prayers , and if I missed one and I didn't do it in it's correct time I realy fell sad and blame my self alot
thanx for the thread

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
for me of course

prayer is the most important thing in my life, we pray five times a day , I can't even sleep without finishing my prayers , and if I missed one and I didn't do it in it's correct time I realy fell sad and blame my self alot

thanx for the thread
Is five times a day enough for muslims? The Christian is asked to pray without ceasing.

Pray without ceasing."—1 Thessalonians 5:17

What are the consequences for the muslim if he does not pray at the right times, five times a day? Aside from self-blame and sleeplessness?

Upvote 0

um hamza

May 30, 2008
my kingdome
✟7,797.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Is five times a day enough for muslims? The Christian is asked to pray without ceasing.

Pray without ceasing."—1 Thessalonians 5:17

What are the consequences for the muslim if he does not pray at the right times, five times a day? Aside from self-blame and sleeplessness?

prayer I meant is what this person doing in those pics

but the prayer you meant we call it duaa (asking from Allah) and we can do this any time a day and there are specific dua as dua of the morning and the night , before sleeping , after wake up , before eating or drinking before going out ...etc

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
prayer I meant is what this person doing in those pics

but the prayer you meant we call it duaa (asking from Allah) and we can do this any time a day and there are specific dua as dua of the morning and the night , before sleeping , after wake up , before eating or drinking before going out ...etc
Well, you didn't answer my question, but thanks for the pictures. Is it true that allah does not forgive those who chastise the praying men behind them by flatulating?

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, a Christian trying to compete with Islam in terms of fanaticism! Groovy!
To be a competition, the playing field is made up of those who know the game. And you don't know it. You want to be a playa, but you don't have the tools.

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes or no? If so why?

Yes prayer is very much a part of my life.. Yes I've seen it help me and others.. Yes God hears us before we ask of Him..

Here's a prayer:

He is the prayer-hearing, prayer-answering God!

By Thy glory, O Beloved One, Thou giver of light to the world! The flames of separation have consumed me, and my waywardness hath melted my heart within me. I ask of Thee, by Thy Most Great Name, O Thou the Desire of the world and the Well-Beloved of mankind, to grant that the breeze of Thine inspiration may sustain my soul, that Thy wondrous voice may reach my ear, that my eyes may behold Thy signs and Thy light as revealed in the manifestations of Thy names and Thine attributes, O Thou within Whose grasp are all things!

Thou art, verily, the Gracious, the All-Bountiful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

um hamza

May 30, 2008
my kingdome
✟7,797.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Well, you didn't answer my question, but thanks for the pictures. Is it true that allah does not forgive those who chastise the praying men behind them by flatulating?

excuse me but I didn't get the question but i think you ask about does Allah forgive those who doesn't pray or pray but not in the correct way?
well , for a muslims Allah forgives every sin

039.053 Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgiveth all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

but prayer is the most important thing in Islam as it is the first thing a person would be asked if he did it or not so muslims should give great attention to their prayer and do it in it's time and not waste it.

I hope I answered your questions if not ask again but in simple English
thanx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alizera

Just trying to figure everything out.
Oct 23, 2008
Texas
✟8,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
excuse me but I didn't get the question but i think you ask about does Allah forgive those who doesn't pray or pray but not in the correct way?

039.053 Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgiveth all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

but prayer is the most important thing in Islam as it is the first thing a person would be asked if he did it or not so muslims should give great attention to their prayer and do it in it's time and not waste it.

thanx

When you pray five times a day, do you specifically ask Allah for something...or do you just praise Him?

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes or no? If so why?

No prayer doesn't work. Why? Because I just asked God a question and got silence. So what does that tell ya eh?

I know. God answers prayer in a few different ways right?

Yes, no, maybe, and silence.

You know what I think? all such responses have everything in common with:

Nonexistence.

You do the math.

Upvote 0

um hamza

May 30, 2008
my kingdome
✟7,797.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
When you pray five times a day, do you specifically ask Allah for something...or do you just praise Him?

in prayer we first say Allahu Akber (Allah is the greatest) then we say two verses of Quran the first should be the Fateha (the first verse in the Quran) and the second could be any verse or some ayeas
my English can't help me to say more details about the prayer you can visit
http://www.themuslimwoman.com/chooseyourpath/basicguidetoprayer/
and any other question Iam ready in shaa Allah to answer
thanx

Upvote 0

ahmid

Jun 6, 2008
✟15,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peace um Hamza and your family. Prayer is a great gift. I am glad you pray. There is a difference in the manners. I pray as though He is my friend. He never lets me down. He always strengthens me. He always gives me peace of mind and healing of body. In Him is my hope and resurrection. Jesus. Notice this translation of Sura 4; translated by a professor of learning.

4.157 And their saying: "Certainly we killed The Messiah, Jesus, Mary's son, "allah's" messenger", and that they killed Him, and that they crucified Him, and certainly they alike, and certainly whom they followed in Him, certainly they (are) not in doubt from Him, on account of Him, from knowledge, except to follow the belief, and that they surely killed him.

4.171 You The Book's family, do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on "allah" except The Truth (is) only The Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, "allah’s" messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe by "allah", and his messengers, and they do not say: "Three." Refrain (it is) certainly agreeable to you, only "allah" one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son,truly his what is in the heavens and in the earth and He sufficed by "allah", a witness.

For more info, refer to faithfreedom.org or 3lotus.com.

-------------------------------------------------
Even as Paul thru Jesus Christ convinced idol worshiping infidels in the first century; likewise do I move about Breaking the Sword of Islam. For the true G*d so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life. I will love G*d and my neighbor. By Jesus Christ, all evil is bound from hindering. --- Ahmid Truth

G*d thru Jesus Christ bless Zakaria Botros - today he is reaching up to 50 million Muslims in the middle east through televised evangelism via satellite. Reportedly hundreds a week are turning to Christ and abandoning Islam... Hallelujah. 3lotus.com
Help Stop Islam! ...over 12,000 selfish attacks since 9/11 ... Islam Kills

Upvote 0

LadyDeflora

monolatrist
Jun 29, 2007
kalispell
✟7,794.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
prayer works for me on several levels, firstly it's sort of a relaxing state of meditation that at times things are overwhelming i can stop briefly say a prayer asking for strength, things feel lighter, less alone and the frustration subsides a bit allowing me to clear my head and reassess where things got wonky.

answered, i've had more prayers answered worshiping the biblical God than many other gods, demigods and their associated spells/rituals. my friend asks me how i know it's Him, she's a die hard pagan that favors egyptian religion.

All i can say is that He feels different from anything i've ever felt before and He's never let me down or offered an answer in some cruel twist of irony that's more detrimental than blessed.

how do we really ever know who's answering our prayers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
prayer works for me on several levels, firstly it's sort of a relaxing state of meditation that at times things are overwhelming i can stop briefly say a prayer asking for strength, things feel lighter, less alone and the frustration subsides a bit allowing me to clear my head and reassess where things got wonky.

answered, i've had more prayers answered worshiping the biblical God than many other gods, demigods and their associated spells/rituals. my friend asks me how i know it's Him, she's a die hard pagan that favors egyptian religion.

All i can say is that He feels different from anything i've ever felt before and He's never let me down or offered an answer in some cruel twist of irony that's more detrimental than blessed.

how do we really ever know who's answering our prayers?
Judging by what you say, it is the biblical God who knows how and does answer prayers. I agree with you; and yes, I also feel different when I converse with HIM. It is a spiritual event; hence the feelings are different. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

thanx
In regard to the following from the koran, are you ever concerned that allah has not forgiven you or does not forgive you for certain errors? If he forgives whom he pleases, could it be that he does not forgive you? How can you be sure?

Verily, Allah forgives not that partners be set up with Him [in worship] but He forgives other than that to whom He pleases; and whoever sets up partners with Allah [in worship], he has indeed invented an enormous wrong" (Qur'an 4:48)

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No prayer doesn't work. Why? Because I just asked God a question and got silence. So what does that tell ya eh?

I know. God answers prayer in a few different ways right?

Yes, no, maybe, and silence.

You know what I think? all such responses have everything in common with:

Nonexistence.

You do the math.
Does it not depend on the favors you ask? Should you not be careful in what you ask of God that you do not mock or tempt Him?

Your donkey fell into a ditch because of YOUR carelessness; now you want God to pull him out for you. You went mountain-climbing and got stuck half-way up, now you want God to help you either down or the rest of the way up. You went sailing in a hurricane...........you didn't put a lid on the popocorn popper.......you went swimming in shark-infested waters..........you drove 60 mph in a 30 mph zone........you flushed the baby in his bathwater........you mistook Carter's Little Liver Pills for the medication you are supposed to take.........you took a walk late at night in a park set aside for dogs........and so on. Many of us want God to accept responsibility for our mistakes and thoughtlessness. I hardly think He gave us a brain for non-use.

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes prayer is very much a part of my life.. Yes I've seen it help me and others.. Yes God hears us before we ask of Him..

Here's a prayer:

He is the prayer-hearing, prayer-answering God!

By Thy glory, O Beloved One, Thou giver of light to the world! The flames of separation have consumed me, and my waywardness hath melted my heart within me. I ask of Thee, by Thy Most Great Name, O Thou the Desire of the world and the Well-Beloved of mankind, to grant that the breeze of Thine inspiration may sustain my soul, that Thy wondrous voice may reach my ear, that my eyes may behold Thy signs and Thy light as revealed in the manifestations of Thy names and Thine attributes, O Thou within Whose grasp are all things!

Thou art, verily, the Gracious, the All-Bountiful.
The Christian must pray in the name of Jesus for his prayers to be heard and granted. The way to God is through Jesus, or there is no way.

Upvote 0
R

Rascaduanok

Ask an ex–muslim I can answer that more succintly. The ritual salah (the 5 a day prayers) feature muslims abasing themselves before allah, praising it and heaping obligatory blessings upon Muhammad and Abraham. I wrote a piece on this type of prayer, which I should really put on my blog. At any rate, this forms the core of worship, the obligatory prayers.

What Christians generally refer to as ‘prayer’ muslims call d‘ua (supplications) and you can say these at any time, in any situation. I still have a handbook of recommended supplications for practically every occasion: before sex, before and after entering the toilet, before eating, after burping, before donning new clothes, after waking up in the morning, during travelling, when you feel fear, when someone abuses you while you fast, etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.