Does inappropriate content fuel human trafficking?

JakeyB123

Jul 10, 2018
bakersfield
✟12,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe inappropriate content fuels human trafficking due to the lack of identity verification of the user featured in the film. This then allows a industry from who-so-ever will upload a video that people like. This creates a whole new industry for human trafficking rather than just to be used as a sex-slave in a foreign country. Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm fairly sure commercial inappropriate content is regulated in the US, especially for this reason. I do know for a fact that they need to at the very least be able to prove no minors were used, which they can't do without identification.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe inappropriate content fuels human trafficking due to the lack of identity verification of the user featured in the film. This then allows a industry from who-so-ever will upload a video that people like. This creates a whole new industry for human trafficking rather than just to be used as a sex-slave in a foreign country. Thoughts?

I would tend to think that some inappropriate content is child inappropriate content even from US sources or trafficked from less fortunate females. We see that on the news all the time. But US regulated inappropriate content is probably like @Arcangl86 said. I would also wonder about foreign inappropriate content as it's probably shady at best.

And there are of course large amounts of women taking advantage of men (the women also include men pretending to be women) on the internet and making lots of money doing it. I help out a guy that gets tricked that way, spends hundreds a month supporting those con artists. They provide him inappropriate content pictures in exchange for money. He actually had one of them call him on the phone and said to me "that sure sounded like a guy's voice". He's mentally disabled and thinks they're his girlfriend, which is part of the con :( He gets on some kind of dating sites.

I personally find it strange that human mating rituals tendencies merge into these strange practices. Humans are so strange.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, where's the money in that?

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I remember reading some article about a model in the UK who was nearly kidnapped and taken to a foreign country, but she managed to escape. I'm not sure if that was related to pronography or just plain sex-trafficking, but the line between the two can be pretty fine sometimes.

There is a huge demand for inappropriate contentography, so I think it's safe to assume that that demand does in part sustain sex-trafficking, especially in less regulated countries as others have mentioned.

However, I think there's also a disturbing trend of normal people creating their own inappropriate contentography and uploading it online because illicit sex has become so normalized and people want attention.

Upvote 0

JakeyB123

Jul 10, 2018
bakersfield
✟12,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, where's the money in that?
Theres many different ways. Theres forums for one where people advertise snapchat profiles of random girls that sell nudes for money. These are sketchy, lower-end forums type of websites that I doubt have any sort of regulation. :/

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The short answer is yes. And it's all demonic at best anyway. Period, end of discussion from me at least because I've been involved on the flip side of the industry trying to work with some of the kids getting out. I've seen the shattered families who don't know where their kid went to etc. Yes in the US, don't ever believe we are innocent over here, the statistics are not good. inappropriate content is insidious.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe inappropriate content fuels human trafficking due to the lack of identity verification of the user featured in the film.

There is no such lack in identification in the legal inappropriate content industry. It is prostitution that fuels human trafficking.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.. doesnt help but no. Its evil all of it. This has been going on before the Internet before TV before Radio. Its used to help to show more but.. I see it all as evil. Blood of Jesus.. bind rebuke it in Jesus name

Reactions: JakeyB123
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is a huge demand for inappropriate contentography, so I think it's safe to assume that that demand does in part sustain sex-trafficking, especially in less regulated countries as others have mentioned.
It used to be a lot more taboo to be in inappropriate contento, so there were less women involved. Now the industry is overrun with amateurs, so I can't imagine it's all that expensive to hire newbies instead of "inappropriate content stars". Besides that, girls are perfectly willing to take their clothes off for free (Girls Gone Wild) so I honestly can't imagine it's very cost effective to be kidnapping girls and holding them prisoner instead of just hiring from the plethora available on the cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh okay. The whole thing sounds like drugs and alcohol more or less. Though they threatened to sell her as a sex slave, but apparently it was an empty threat and they never intended to. I knew I didn't just come up with that in my head...

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are plenty of "loose" women around, too

What are you talking about? What the heck is a "loose" woman, and what does it have to do with prostitution or sex-trafficking..or indeed anything?

but they still kidnap girls for sex-trafficking. Is that more cost-effective? Perhaps it's just the underage aspect.

Prostitution is a huge money making venture. A victim of sex trafficking keeps 0% of the money she makes, which is also an incentive.

Prostitution in the United States - Wikipedia

From that article:
A 2004 TNS poll reported 15 percent of all men have paid for sex and 30 percent of single men over age 30 have paid for sex.

and

The prostitution trade in the United States is estimated to generate $14 billion a year.

I don't know.

Then why oh why not spend 5 minutes researching on google so that you do know, rather than posting stuff-in-your-head to an internet forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are you talking about? What the heck is a "loose" woman, and what does it have to do with prostitution or sex-trafficking..or indeed anything?

Prostitution is a huge money making venture. A victim of sex trafficking keeps 0% of the money she makes, which is also an incentive.

Prostitution in the United States - Wikipedia

From that article:
A 2004 TNS poll reported 15 percent of all men have paid for sex and 30 percent of single men over age 30 have paid for sex.

and

The prostitution trade in the United States is estimated to generate $14 billion a year.

Then why oh why not spend 5 minutes researching on google so that you do know, rather than posting stuff-in-your-head to an internet forum.
Sorry I'm tired of angry people. I have deleted my comment I will sign off for today.

Upvote 0