Louisville
✟15,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I won't say what, but lately, past 8 months, I've dwelled on some mistakes I made but never corrected. One of which involved my girlfriend and never told her about. I've prayed and prayed that God would forgive me and clear my conscious. Does he forgive me? Can I move on? Am i saved if I just forget it?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I won't say what, but lately, past 8 months, I've dwelled on some mistakes I made but never corrected. One of which involved my girlfriend and never told her about. I've prayed and prayed that God would forgive me and clear my conscious. Does he forgive me? Can I move on? Am i saved if I just forget it?

You are saved by grace through faith. Being Born Again by the Holy Spirit.

1Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,124.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Salvation is by Christ alone through faith. It's by grace!

Live with gratitude.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've dwelled on some mistakes I made but never corrected.

Two suggestions.
try praying to be able to trust God. He says he has forgiven you so you need to believe it.

If the memory of your miss deeds won't go away, go and do something about correcting them.

Upvote 0

Not forgotten

Dec 18, 2018
Louisville
✟15,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are saved by grace through faith. Being Born Again by the Holy Spirit.

1Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Thank you. I apologize for the lack of details. Really don't want to get into it here. I hope that doesn't change the outcome of the answers in this thread (which seems to be, yes I'm forgiven and move on with my life).

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Over 40 years ago, I was tormented by stuff I had done in the past.
I constantly asked the Lord to forgive and cleanse me, but the feelings of condemnation would keep coming back to and make me feel terrible. I would then yet again be pleading and whining to the Lord for forgiveness.

Then one day, I realised that every time I asked the Lord for forgiveness, I was effectively declaring unbelief that it was done the first time I asked.

I also recognised that it was actually demons that were taunting me about my sin, not God.

So, immediately I started thanking the Lord that he had already forgiven and cleansed me.

My feelings of constant daily condemnation ceased from that moment on, and without realising it, I completely forgot the event till nearly a year later when I encountered some photos that reminded me.

I suddenly realised that it hadn't bothered me for all that time, and just how much the Lord had healed me.

By simply accepting the Lord's forgiveness as a done deal, instead of constantly pleading for it, I had completely negated the enemy's power over me.

God is good

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The pagan idea that we must "ask" God to forgive us our sins has been around for far too long.

The scriptures teach that, first and foremost, we are saved by grace, not asking for what has already been provided, which is total cleansing at the point of salvation.

Secondly, we're told in 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." This is one of the most ignored verses in the Bible by those who teach and preach about asking for forgiveness from God.

Jr.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Secondly, we're told in 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." This is one of the most ignored verses in the Bible by those who teach and preach about asking for forgiveness from God.
That's my point.
I acknowledged what God had already done for me, and all the demonic condemnation ceased.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums