• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does my friend have BPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi426

silent dreams
Nov 23, 2005
✟4,766.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The internet is a wonderful resource. It does have some drawbacks. The only safe and reliable way for your friend to know if she has BPD is to be evaluated by a therapist with experience in diagnosis. None of us are qualified to do that, and it appears, neither are you.

I suggest your friend seek an evaluation if the symptoms are troublesome to her.

God bless.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

ExtremeDays

May 30, 2005
✟8,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found this site http://www.bpdcentral.com/resources/basics/indicators.shtml
and noticed that i have an adult friend that act like this toward me/when im around her.... minus the cutting and suicidal thoughts stuff

am i just over analyzing? or could she really have bpd?

Hi,
Are you very close to this friend of yours? Is it possible she does have those other elements as well, but maybe you just don't know? I think some with BPD who have a strong narcissistic component to them are good at appearing one way to some and another way to others.

Or, she might have another "cluster B" disorder such as
NPD or HPD. HPD is very similar to BPD usually minus the suicide attempts.Some think HPD is just a lesser form of BPD.You could look into this, but just to let you know, there is less info out there on HPD.

Or, she might not have any disorder but character issues and such, like the rest of us.I wouldn't want to label everyone with problems, with a personality disorder:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.