Does Mueller Indictment Mean Clinton Campaign Can Be Indicted for Chris Steele?

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/doe...on-campaign-can-be-indicted-for-chris-steele/
Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

Now, at the end it explains why this won't happen, but it is pretty hilarious to see how things are not being thought through by the never Trumpers re: the implications of these indictments.

Last edited:

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mv. CHICAGO

Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

Now, at the end it explains why this won't happen, but it is pretty hilarious to see how things are not being thought through by the never Trumpers re: the implications of these indictments.

Steele was originally hired by a group of Republicans I think, I can’t remember the details. The democrats got wind of it and picked up the tab when the Republican group dropped it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mv. CHICAGO

Remind me when Steele masqueraded as an American to commit fraud against the American people? You guys are hilarious with your desperate whataboutism.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Mv. CHICAGO

Ya know, when I think about Mueller indicting a TROLL farm, I just start laughing ...

lol-044.gif
lol-044.gif
lol-044.gif

Can't stop myself. Somehow I just don't see how this ends without Hillary getting indicted. They're turning over so many stones now ... it looks like karma's gotta come back with a vengeance.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um, this links to a 2nd Amendment/14th Amendment SCOTUS decision on M c DONALD et al. v . CITY OF CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, et al. concerning gun control.
Here is a link for that: https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/doe...on-campaign-can-be-indicted-for-chris-steele/

Meh, seems quite a stretch, but I haven't read the indictment yet.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Um, this links to a 2nd Amendment/14th Amendment SCOTUS decision on M c DONALD et al. v . CITY OF CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, et al. concerning gun control.

Here is a link for that: https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/doe...on-campaign-can-be-indicted-for-chris-steele/

Meh, seems quite a stretch, but I haven't read the indictment yet.

Yeah, I fixed it. I have to use the clipboard function on my phone because of the crappy way the site reacts to my phone. I hit the wrong clipboard item.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Pop quiz for the legal scholars out there.

What is it about the Foreign Agents Registration Act that allows Paul Manafort (an American citizen) to be indicted under it? How does that relate to Steele working for Fusion and Hillary?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I fixed it. I have to use the clipboard function on my phone because of the crappy way the site reacts to my phone. I hit the wrong clipboard item.
I tried this site on my phone once...ugh...it's good for a lot of things, but I don't like the iphone for this.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Pop quiz for the legal scholars out there.

What is it about the Foreign Agents Registration Act that allows Paul Manafort (an American citizen) to be indicted under it? How does that relate to Steele working for Fusion and Hillary?

When acting as a foreign agent you are required to register. Manafort was indicted for acting as an unregistered agent and making false statements about it.

Among the 12 charges, Manafort is accused of acting as a “unregistered agent of a foreign principal” and issuing “false and misleading FARA statements,” by not properly disclosing the nature of the consulting he did for a Kremlin-linked Ukrainian political party. Failure to do so would be a violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), a registration requirement that makes foreign agents tell the DOJ whom they’re working for, what they’re doing, and how much they’re getting paid for the gig.

Paul Manafort Was Charged With Breaking a Law That Was Designed to Fight Nazis

I have no idea how this relates to Steele, Fusion GPS or Hillary.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
When acting as a foreign agent you are required to register.

That's right. But what is it that makes you a foreign agent? Is it being foreign? That can't be, because Manafort is American.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Noting that Manafort was under investigation by the FBI before joining the Trump campaign. The indictment was apparently for activities prior to the election.

The indictment was for activity's that began prior to the election and some lies he told afterward. His actions during the campaign are of particular interest now, but we do know the man was (allegedly) acting on the behalf of foreign governments (plural) and telling lies about it.

We do know that during his time with the campaign that the Official RNC platform was changed to include pro-Russian language.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...3d06b37f256_story.html?utm_term=.1ec3aae824f7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's right. But what is it that makes you a foreign agent? Is it being foreign? That can't be, because Manafort is American.

An agent of a foreign government or group like a lobbyist, who works on behalf of that foreign power.

Acting as an agent of a foreign power is not in and of itself illegal.

If you find yourself thinking of taking such a position you need to register with the DOJ I believe and tell them how much you are being paid and what you are being paid to do, otherwise you're basically spying.

Manafort was indicted for working on behalf of a Ukrainian party that was affiliated with Russia proper, then not disclosing it, or telling the government how much he was paid, then telling lies about it when asked.

And then there's all the money laundering he was involved in to keep his ill gotten money off federal radar ect ect.

He also dodged his taxes this way so all those years as a republican power broker didn't really come with any of that faux patriotism they sell.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Conservative extremists are 0 and 2 against Hillary Clinton, or, if you count Whitewater, Travelgate, etc. at least 0 and 4. There's a reason for this: so desperate are they to pin SOMETHING on her they continually grasp at straws with very little or no evidence.

The shame of it all is that they've wasted $45 million of taxpayer money on Benghazi and the emails.

And they're griping about Robert Mueller's investigation costing $5 million so far....there've been numerous indictments and subpoenas so far, and I'm pretty sure they haven't even scratched the surface.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ya know, when I think about Mueller indicting a TROLL farm, I just start laughing ...

lol-044.gif
lol-044.gif
lol-044.gif

Can't stop myself. Somehow I just don't see how this ends without Hillary getting indicted. They're turning over so many stones now ... it looks like karma's gotta come back with a vengeance.

Whatever happens to Hillary is of no concern to me. If she goes to jail, fine.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/doe...on-campaign-can-be-indicted-for-chris-steele/

Your post seems to be a projection of Trump supporters.

If Clinton and her campaign did something wrong, then they should be and charged if the facts support this. I have not seen one liberal on this site state different. It is Trump supporters who are supporting attempts to stop an investigation.

The Russians helped Trump, not Clinton. That much we already knew, and that much is being confirmed by Mueller indictments.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Clinton thing is always amusing to me. I was never a fan of hers, and back in the primaries spent a lot of time arguing why she would be a terrible candidate and someone who wouldn’t be a good president. Yet because of the constant dishonest GOP smears and attacks I end up defending her constantly these days. Strange world..

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Clinton thing is always amusing to me. I was never a fan of hers, and back in the primaries spent a lot of time arguing why she would be a terrible candidate and someone who wouldn’t be a good president. Yet because of the constant dishonest GOP smears and attacks I end up defending her constantly these days. Strange world..
Know exactly what ya mean.

Did the same thing with Trump. He got elected anyway ... and I end up defending his actions constantly these days. Strange world.

Upvote 0