Does Michael the Archangel teach warfare on a personal level?

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am only aware of two sentences about the archangel Michael in the Bible, so I think it’s a stretch to say that “Michael the Archangel teaches warfare on a personal level.” Perhaps one might derive that it’s good to fight for what is right.

But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, disputed about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a reviling judgment upon him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you.” Jude 9

[7] Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
[8] but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. Rev 12:7-8

Yes we are told not to revile angels not even Michael did he said Lord rebuke you. If angels don't go to that level neither should we. I see many examples of people yelling and cursing at demons and satan not sure that is wise. Better to ask the Lord to rebuke and resist the devil.

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Dowse me with water kind of like the Ice Bucket Challenge that happened Summer 2014? I have Testimony about what was happening around then.

Testimony:

Christianity and the Third Eye.

Wagon Wheel.

Being a Man on Fire, I have been a Bond Servant of Christ. I have been On Fire Prophetically. The Ice Bucket Challenge happened around the same time I was going through some very profound trials for God.

The didactic you have displayed in your last few posts would appear to that of a Secular Humanists/Communists. Someone that is deceived. You seem confused.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm afraid it doesn't help your cause that the main premise of your initial post vehemently disparaging me, was based on what you evidently found an attractive fantasy. So your second such post, accusing me of confusion, while not having a chance to match your first one for classic, knockabout humour, is still set fair to contribute to the foundations of what looks like growing into a mini-tradition. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes we are told not to revile angels not even Michael did he said Lord rebuke you. If angels don't go to that level neither should we. I see many examples of people yelling and cursing at demons and satan not sure that is wise. Better to ask the Lord to rebuke and resist the devil.

Yes. We are warned not even to engage in conversation with them, as they are so much more intelligent than we are, in this life.

In Jude 1:9, he cautioned : 'But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

So, far from proudly giving the devil 'what for', until he is permanently confined to hell, we need to remain humble in the way in which we address him, even as we admonish him. I would not engage them in any verbal exchange, preferring to petition Jesus, Mary, St Michael, my guardian angel or any other heavenly aid.

Upvote 0

SteveIndy

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Zionsville, Indiana
✟247,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am curious as to whether this is possible as I was in a conversation as to such. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Yes, of course, but this warfare is not of the flesh but spiritual. "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but Spiritual," says Paul. Carnal warfare takes no faith, just pull out your gun or knife and kill your enemy. To "overcome evil with good" takes faith and trust. Christians today are badly mistaken about this subject.

• Informative
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a teaching from the jehovahs witnesses because they do not recognise that Jesus is the Son of God.
FWIW some SDA also believe that the archangel Michael is another name for Jesus, and they believe in the trinity and that Jesus is the Son of God as most Trinitarians do.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am curious as to whether this is possible as I was in a conversation as to such. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Michael is not the Holy Spirit who is the one to teach all truth, including warfare.

Michael is an archangel. Just as there are demonic princes over each nation, Michael is the archangel over Israel. He is a prince in a scriptural sense. They fight along side God and uphold Him, but are not deity. (Michael is not Jesus, and shouldn't be confused with the Prince of Peace, or the Angel of the Lord, both referring to Jesus)

Daniel 10:
10 Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands. 11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling.

12 Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.

15 When he had spoken such words to me, I turned my face toward the ground and became speechless. 16 And suddenly, one having the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke, saying to him who stood before me, “My lord, because of the vision my sorrows have overwhelmed me, and I have retained no strength. 17 For how can this servant of my lord talk with you, my lord? As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breath left in me.”

18 Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me. 19 And he said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!”

So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

20 Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? And now I must return to fight with the prince of Persia; and when I have gone forth, indeed the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you what is noted in the Scripture of Truth. (No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince.

Last edited:
Upvote 0