Does Michael the Archangel teach warfare on a personal level?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not sure I understand, want to elaborate a bit more?
Well, here's what you wrote in the previous post (emphasis mine)--

The best defense against evil men is good men who are skilled at stopping them. So in that sense, it wouldn't make much sense for a patron saint of soldiers and police and doctors not being skilled at their craft.

But the title of the thread started us off with this wording--

Does Michael the Archangel teach warfare on a personal level?

The green part seems to imply something like Holy Warfare that's used to spread some idea; but the red part (which is the clarification) reads much more like Michael is the protector of people who stand ready to defend something under attack if it is necessary for them to take up arms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, here's what you wrote in the previous post (emphasis mine)--

But the title of the thread started us off with this wording--
Ah okay. No, Michael doesn't directly teach warfare in the sense of what "warfare" you are fighting.

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Daniel. When it is written “only Michael the prince of your people helped me.

To the Jews it will be obvious that the victory in battle during this time is clearly because GOD is behind that victory

• Agree
Upvote 0

ChurchMilitant

A Christian(Traditional Catholic)
Jan 23, 2018
Ontario
✟12,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, but Michael can pray for you to God in heaven and interceed for you. We also have confirmed apparitions : Mystics of the Church: The miraculous apparitions of St Michael the Archangel in Rome and in Mexico

Apparition of St. Michael the Archangel

Okay I can agree with this because Angels appeared to men throughout the Bible.....now here is another problem I have been discussing with this individual....they claim to be striving with the spirit of anti-Christ in their life, but yet are led of the Spirit of God in what they are taught....I struggle with this as well....if light is present then darkness flees. Can you have both spirits operating in you?

Upvote 0

ChurchMilitant

Jan 23, 2018
Ontario
✟12,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Okay I can agree with this because Angels appeared to men throughout the Bible.....now here is another problem I have been discussing with this individual....they claim to be striving with the spirit of anti-Christ in their life, but yet are led of the Spirit of God in what they are taught....I struggle with this as well....if light is present then darkness flees. Can you have both spirits operating in you?
I am not an expert in this matters, but I know from a priest that has done 7000 exorcisms that he kind of affirmed that you can kind of have "both spirits operating in you". Basically, he stated that he was attempting to iirc remove this demon from someone or at least remove demonic influence in her life, but this woman was a very holy and pious person who committed very little sin. So I think it is definitely possible to have both spirits fight inside of you. There are other Catholics I've read who have had demonic influence in their lives, but they are a pious person and they pray very much.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not an expert in this matters, but I know from a priest that has done 7000 exorcisms that he kind of affirmed that you can kind of have "both spirits operating in you". Basically, he stated that he was attempting to iirc remove this demon from someone or at least remove demonic influence in her life, but this woman was a very holy and pious person who committed very little sin. So I think it is definitely possible to have both spirits fight inside of you. There are other Catholics I've read who have had demonic influence in their lives, but they are a pious person and they pray very much.

Okay, good point....but the anti-Christ spirit is different in that it will not acknowledge the Power and authority of Jesus....now regarding fleshly demons...yes...the flesh is cursed. So what is the difference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am curious as to whether this is possible as I was in a conversation as to such. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
Matthew 26:32 (WEB) Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place, for all those who take the sword will die by the sword."

Isaiah 50:6 (WEB) "I gave my back to the strikers, and my cheeks to those who plucked off the hair; I didn't hide my face from shame and spitting."

Luke 6:27 (WEB) "But I tell you who hear: love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you. 29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer also the other; and from him who takes away your cloak, don't withhold your coat also. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and don't ask him who takes away your goods to give them back again. 31 As you would like people to do to you, do exactly so to them."

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The warfare the angel Michael is engaged in is spiritual. His weapon is his very being. His essence. To know the angels name is to know what is essential to being that angel. The angels weapon is the angel. The name that calls the Angel Michael means 'Who is like God?' He defends man from his greatest enemy who's sin is born of the desire to "be like God". That desire changes the aspect of light into darkness. Light that is in truth darkness. The angel that possessed the highest order of beauty, intellect, light, and adorned with all created attractions. In appearance most godlike of all angelic beings. In function Lucifer was the bearer of light. An angelic nature that is light of creation. His own beauty and attributes were his downfall. In his own person he possessed light and his desire was to be known as the light. He was to bring light to creation but wanted to creation to know him as the light. He wanted to be like God to all creatures. Pride gave birth to desire. That is desire gave birth to sin. The lie. Untruth murders truth. The untruth is "I am God." The essence of Lucifer is to bear the light of God to all creatures. The essence of Satan is his name "accuser" The Angel that defends us in battle against this greatest enemy is the Angel humble eneogh to defeat Satan's pride. " I am God" is defeated by " who is like God?" Michael can defeat this pride that afflicts all fallen creatures. This desire is in some way the source of all sins. St Michael the Arch Angel defend us in battle.

But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not die; 5 for God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God.

In the passage above we see Satan replacing God as the source of good. He accuses God of being a liar. In that lie "you will not die" God is accused and replaced in the sanctuary of man's heart. The conscience. That is where He desires to replace God, and is succeeding. This is what happened in the beginning, is happening now, and will be completed at the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 26:32 (WEB) Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place, for all those who take the sword will die by the sword."

Isaiah 50:6 (WEB) "I gave my back to the strikers, and my cheeks to those who plucked off the hair; I didn't hide my face from shame and spitting."

Luke 6:27 (WEB) "But I tell you who hear: love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you. 29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer also the other; and from him who takes away your cloak, don't withhold your coat also. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and don't ask him who takes away your goods to give them back again. 31 As you would like people to do to you, do exactly so to them."

:scratch: does this mean no, Michael does not teach warfare? I am assuming this it what it means but assuming gets me in trouble.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The warfare the angel Michael is engaged in is spiritual. His weapon is his very being. His essence. To know the angels name is to know what is essential to being that angel. The angels weapon is the angel. The name that calls the Angel Michael means 'Who is like God?' The angel that possessed the highest order of beauty, intellect, light, and adorned with all created attractions. In appearance most godlike of all angelic beings. In function Lucifer was the bearer of light. An angelic nature that is light of creation. His own beauty and attributes were his downfall. In his own person he possessed light and his desire was to be known as the light. He was to bring light to creation but wanted to creation to know him as the light. He wanted to be like God to all creatures. Pride gave birth to desire. That is desire gave birth to sin. The lie. Untruth murders truth. The untruth is "I am God." The essence of Lucifer is to bear the light of God to all creatures. The essence of Satan is his name "accuser" The Angel that defends us in battle against this greatest enemy is the Angel humble eneogh to defeat Satan's pride. " I am God" is defeated by " who is like God?" Michael can defeat this pride that afflicts all fallen creatures. This desire is in some way the source of all sins. St Michael the Arch Angel defend us in battle.

But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not die; 5 for God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God.

In the passage above we see Satan replacing God as the source of good. He accuses God of being a liar. In that lie "you will not die" God is accused and replaced in the sanctuary of man's heart. The conscience. That is where He desires to replace God, and is succeeding. This is what happened in the beginning, is happening now, and will be completed at the end.

Now this is very good....informative...thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

ChurchMilitant

Jan 23, 2018
Ontario
✟12,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Okay, good point....but the anti-Christ spirit is different in that it will not acknowledge the Power and authority of Jesus....now regarding fleshly demons...yes...the flesh is cursed. So what is the difference?
This is very very odd. A demon/anti-Christ spirit will not acknowledge the power and authority of Jesus Christ, the Eternal God and Logos? If what she/he has been doing to attempt to combat this by invoking Christs' name doesn't work, she should attempt to go to a Catholic parish to talk about what is happening.

Auxilium Christianorum - Homepage might work as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I am curious as to whether this is possible as I was in a conversation as to such. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Worldly strength is either pre-eminently physical or pre-eminently intellectual ; and as demonstrated pre-eminently in the passion and crucifixion of Jesus on the cross, spiritual strength, the truest and most enduring strength is pre-eminently passive, what we can endure for Jesus' sake. The long and the short of it is that we 'lead with our chin'.

Thus, to put it mildly, women are not at any disadvantage in the matter in relation to men. I suspect the female mystics and stigmatists in the church's history might well be over-represented. Nobody seems to have been more ''full-bore" in their worship of Jesus - Mary and Joseph aside - than Mary Magdalene, do they ?

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Worldly strength is either pre-eminently physical or pre-eminently intellectual ; and as demonstrated pre-eminently in the passion and crucifixion of Jesus on the cross, spiritual strength, the truest and most enduring strength is pre-eminently passive, what we can endure for Jesus' sake. The long and the short of it is that we 'lead with our chin'.

Thus, to put it mildly, women are not at any disadvantage in the matter in relation to men. I suspect the female mystics and stigmatists in the church's history might well be over-represented. Nobody seems to have been more ''full-bore" in their worship of Jesus - Mary and Joseph aside - than Mary Magdalene, do they ?
Does this mean no, Michael does not teach warfare to us personally?

Upvote 0

ChurchMilitant

Jan 23, 2018
Ontario
✟12,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Does this mean no, Michael does not teach warfare to us personally?
In my opinion, Saint Michael the Archangel does not teach us warfare personally, since God gives us the materials required to fight the father of lies with things like prayer, the Holy Sacred Bible, the Rosary, intercession of saints, and so forth.

One prayer however that I like is the The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel ~ EWTN ~ Prayers (Chaplet of Saint Michael) & The Novena of Saint Michael(St. Michael the Archangel Novena - Novena Prayers - Catholic Devotion). Here is a list of the prayers as well(Prayers to St. Michael (Feast: September 29) | The Saints | Prayers and Novenas).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is very very odd. A demon/anti-Christ spirit will not acknowledge the power and authority of Jesus Christ, the Eternal God and Logos? If what she/he has been doing to attempt to combat this by invoking Christs' name doesn't work, she should attempt to go to a Catholic parish to talk about what is happening.

Auxilium Christianorum - Homepage might work as well.
No they claim to have the spirit of anti-Christ and yet are born again of the Spirit of God...so I was emphasizing to them that they can't co-exist...but they claim both dwell there....doesn't add up.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
You might find this interesting. As a Catholic, I fond this teaching on the angels by John-Paul II, fascinating. I hadn't realised he was such a scholar, though it is written very clearly.

Catechesis on the Angels

Also, look up the NDE on YouTube by a US marine called Sean Weed. He was saved from the clutches of a very large and powerful demon by Michael, and when he told how Michael introduced himself, for a brief spell, he was overcome with emotion at the honour he felt, and was in tears. He goes on a bit about the circumstances, the run-up to the NDE, but it's well worth persevering with.

Upvote 0