• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Does Michael the Archangel teach warfare on a personal level?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Heart2Soul, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am curious as to whether this is possible as I was in a conversation as to such. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,482
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No you learn it the hard way by living as a Christian and sticking your head up over the parapit so it can be shot at.

3. Left

Left Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,095
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I'd honestly say no. I'm not too versed on what Catholics believe and whether they would consider it a valid belief, I just know Protestant... but the burden of proof is generally on the one making assertions (saying "Michael the Archangel taught me..." is on the shoulders of the person asserting the claims to prove).

4. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    LOL.....so seriously, I argued that why would Michael need to teach warfare when the battle belongs to the Lord..We are to put on our Armor of God and the Word of God is our weapon.

5. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I agree and I strongly agree that the Word of God is the best weapon we have. I also believe that Jesus defeated Satan on the Cross and that the battle is already won. No need to be battling.

6. Left

Left Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,095
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Interesting belief. I have had some first-hand experience with "demons", but I wonder how much of it was real, how much was make-believe.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Tolworth John

+3,482
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    As I said put your head over the parapit and see what happens.
    Try putting your bible on your desk at work and read it at lunch time.
    or on Monday when askled how was your weekend talk about Sundays sermon.

8. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Your point is understood....But this is getting away from the point about about Michael teaching warfare to us on a personal level.

9. mathinspiration

mathinspiration Active Member

+78
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    It is probably of self defense since Satan starts all the battles.

10. Tolworth John

+3,482
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No it's not because he doesn't.

11. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

+4,397
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Angels are not teachers but messengers. Whatever message they deliver is not from them, but from whoever sent them.

St Michael does not 'teach' warfare; he is the archangel in charge of the army of angels fighting on our behalf every day. It is not his role to teach us how to fight.

12. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

+4,397
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Is this the 'bore everyone into heaven' approach?

If the most exciting part of your weekend was the Sunday sermon you are seriously weekending wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  13. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Oh ok....thanks I was getting lost on your analogy as a comparison. I realize we have to put our Armor of God on daily....but His Armor is all scriptural application as in Ephesians 6

14. Abraxos

Abraxos ...

+569
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    From a Catholic perspective of Michael, one of the seven holy archangels, was set over the best part of mankind, which did involve having to deal with chaos - or warfare as you put it. The best part of mankind can be considered being courageous and brave in the face of danger; you hear the term 'New Yorks finest' or the 'greatest generation' from America and know that it is referred to those that were on the frontlines or walking the beat, etc, because they put their lives out there.

That is why Catholics consider Michael the patron saint and champion of soldiers, police, and doctors.

To invoke protection, especially from lethal enemies, you would necessarily have to be apt at dealing with them. The best defense against evil men is good men who are skilled at stopping them. So in that sense, it wouldn't make much sense for a patron saint of soldiers and police and doctors not being skilled at their craft.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Does not Ephesians 6 imply that this is our weapon of warfare and that being skilled in God's Word is what we use against spiritual forces?

16. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,314
    Anglican
    Married
    Yes, but when you word your point like this: "teach warfare"...you are suggesting something other than what you just explained.

17. Abraxos

Abraxos ...

+569
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    Indeed.

18. Abraxos

Abraxos ...

+569
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    Not sure I understand, want to elaborate a bit more?

19. Tolworth John

+3,482
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No it's putting your head above the parapit approach.

Also your are very wrong. What is more exciting than to have spent quality time with youe saviour.

Yes it is not like riding a zip wire or having tea with the queen, but it has an eternal consquence and should be an important part of all our weekends.

20. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Exactly and thank you....So I am of the same thinking....and this individual I have debated with claims to have been taught warfare by Michael....a lot of hard feelings came out of that.