✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again you make false assumptions.

No association with Keneth Hagan and his teachings.

Why don't you ask about me - it is a quicker journey to truth and you are less likely to be simply appearing to smear a brother.

As for the simple - my major was in Phenomenology of religion, and I am being considered for a research fellowship.
That's awesome Carl. Praying you get it!

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Carl Emerson,

Again you make false assumptions.

No association with Keneth Hagan and his teachings.

Not really a false assumption. I am glad you reject this heretic.
There was someone who just posted about listening to the false teachers Ken and Gloria Copeland! They used to appear with Hagin in meetings with the same foolishness. So, Hagin is bad, Copeland is good?
If I post about Hagin, someone brings up the Copelands and visa versa.
I do not want you to defend someone you disavow.

Why don't you ask about me
I have never been to New Zealand. looks scenic.
I do not ask about you because truth is about scripture, not about you, not about me.
Like I said you seem like a nice mature person. If I was going to ask anything about you it would be face to face. Why?
I travel across the USA, and speak with many people.
One time I was speaking with a very nice woman, sincere. She had given me three books as I had been witnessing the truth of the gospel to her son who I worked with.
She looked me in the face and explained to me that the Angel Moroni stood right there in her living room and told her the book of Mormon was true.

Carl....how would you have reacted? What would be the Loving thing to do?
Do you think that could have taken place? If not, why Not?
Catholics believe the Virgin Mary appears and gives messages. Do you believe that is possible?

- it is a quicker journey to truth and you are less likely to be simply appearing to smear a brother.

No need to smear anyone. We are to speak to edification.
To look closely at anyones "experiences" gets awkward. I do not believe God is giving you special messages outside of scripture as you reported in the other thread,ie,[the ten dollar bill] story.
I am not called to be a judge of such things. If you found the 10$ bill great. That would be a kind providence. Did God instruct you to find it...no
these voices directing you are only your own mind.
Thanks again for the interaction.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Carl Emerson,

Not really a false assumption. I am glad you reject this heretic.
There was someone who just posted about listening to the false teachers Ken and Gloria Copeland! They used to appear with Hagin in meetings with the same foolishness. So, Hagin is bad, Copeland is good?
If I post about Hagin, someone brings up the Copelands and visa versa.
I do not want you to defend someone you disavow.

I have never been to New Zealand. looks scenic.
I do not ask about you because truth is about scripture, not about you, not about me.
Like I said you seem like a nice mature person. If I was going to ask anything about you it would be face to face. Why?
I travel across the USA, and speak with many people.
One time I was speaking with a very nice woman, sincere. She had given me three books as I had been witnessing the truth of the gospel to her son who I worked with.
She looked me in the face and explained to me that the Angel Moroni stood right there in her living room and told her the book of Mormon was true.

Carl....how would you have reacted? What would be the Loving thing to do?
Do you think that could have taken place? If not, why Not?
Catholics believe the Virgin Mary appears and gives messages. Do you believe that is possible?

No need to smear anyone. We are to speak to edification.
To look closely at anyones "experiences" gets awkward. I do not believe God is giving you special messages outside of scripture as you reported in the other thread,ie,[the ten dollar bill] story.
I am not called to be a judge of such things. If you found the 10$ bill great. That would be a kind providence. Did God instruct you to find it...no
these voices directing you are only your own mind.
Thanks again for the interaction.

OK so your theology concludes that we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us but He is not allowed to say anything because it's already spoken in Scripture ???

No personal guidance outside of what we read in the bible...

Anyone claiming God communicates with us apart from when reading the Word is deluded?

I understand your position and dont agree with it, but hey, lets be friends.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes.
He healed me from M.E, which I'd had for 18 years; as well as from hurtful memories and past incidents.

We can pray for healing; we shouldn't tell God how, what and when he has to heal.

No.
We are not promised easy lives when we trust in Jesus - the opposite, we are told we will be persecuted. We are given the joy of the Lord, but this is not the same as happiness.
Our lives in some ways ARE more blessed. We have every spiritual blessing in Christ; peace, love, assurance, security etc etc, Ephesians 1:3. We have the immense privilege of knowing, and serving, the maker of the universe. This doesn't mean we will also have flash cars, lots of money, massive houses, never be out of work etc etc.

you and i have somethign in common, i developed M.E. age 14 after a virus that wouldn't go away. i was bound for 8 years. i was not really walking with Jesus at the time but had made a sort of half hearted commitment to God (the real thing came 2 years later) and i did go to christian healing meeting. i was not sure what i expected. thus guy prayed for me and my head which was full of this awful brian fog just cleared, and i found i could stand up properly with no pain. it di dtake a year for the whole illness to go away completely so not sure if it couts as a miracle or not? but from that day i just started to improve and my energy levels just began to go up and up as the months went on. i dont know if there is sucha thing as a gradula healign miracle or not? was your healing sudden and complete?

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been wondering why we do not see many healings in the churches today so this thread has been v informative. I am perhaps being unfair to my current church, we have bee seeing salvations and some healings, especially spiritual and emotional so that is good. but it seem sin mnay churches not so much. and even in my own church i want to see more. i love seeing when God sets people free- gladdens my heart.

my closest friend (also went to my church) passed away in December after 3 years of cancer. i do wonder why she was not healed when we prayed so much for her? maybe it was her time?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
my closest friend (also went to my church) passed away in December after 3 years of cancer. i do wonder why she was not healed when we prayed so much for her? maybe it was her time?
Have you never noticed how patiently enduring difficulty often brings out the greatest growth in people. Athletes only build strength and endurance by going further or lifting more than they are comfortable with. God often permits hardship and suffering so that through patience and trust we can grow closer to Him. God can also shorten someone's life to spare them from suffering more than they would be able to endure, which might lead them to abandon God.

Upvote 0