Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

As evil become more evil we have more of the grace of God working in us to overcome our adversity in life. For some this is the worst time to be alive, for some it is the best. Depends on where we are at with God and how much of HIS Grace is working in our life.

So God has abandoned me, then. Seems unfair. I know some pretty crappy people who are quite happy at this time. They are the ones quick to fool people. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

In fact, I'd say the empathic ones got screwed and the jerks are living large. So, in fact, quite the opposite of what you wrote above.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, should Christians expect easier lives? Happier lives? Lives that are more blessed? (Or is this the sinful prosperity gospel, which leads me back to my questions above.)
Yes, healing is for today because it was fulfilled 2,000 years ago.

Happy? No. Joyous? Yes. Jesus said that in this life we would have trouble. Happiness goes up and down with what is happening. Joy in the Lord, however, is constant. One can still enjoy being alive in Christ while what is happening is unhappy.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,432.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Serious question, taking into account everything from a cavity to MS to Alzheimer's to mental illness -- does God heal? Should we even pray for healing or should we only be praying for the strength to endure?

Also, should Christians expect easier lives? Happier lives? Lives that are more blessed? (Or is this the sinful prosperity gospel, which leads me back to my questions above.)

Thanks in advance for your response.

YES He does! But, everyone and everything we pray for won't be healed, for one reason or another. Often we don't know why.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So God has abandoned me, then. Seems unfair. I know some pretty crappy people who are quite happy at this time. They are the ones quick to fool people. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

In fact, I'd say the empathic ones got screwed and the jerks are living large. So, in fact, quite the opposite of what you wrote above.

God definitely did NOT abandon you. If He did, you would not be a Christian anymore.

Do you ask Him to heal you with the expectation that He will?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
should Christians expect easier lives? Happier lives? Lives that are more blessed? (Or is this the sinful prosperity gospel, which leads me back to my questions above.)
In what way ? The Ekklesia are persecuted when they follow Jesus. They are scourged by God as His children. Yet also they (IN the NT) CONTINUALLY had DAILY peace, JOY, AND Righteousness......

You apparently already know that the other "gospels" are sinful. There's really no comparison.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
YES He does! But, everyone and everything we pray for won't be healed, for one reason or another. Often we don't know why.
Perhaps specifically, yes.
God Says "MY PEOPLE" P E R I S H
"for lack of knowledge" (when true experiential life and experiential knowledge of and with Jesus is lacking , many things, including perhaps curses, continue to afflict "MY PEOPLE" (Ekklesia born again and set apart by God for Himself) ....

Was Jesus ABLE to HEAL in the towns He went to that were FULL of unbelief ? (according to only what Scripture says) .... Or was He Himself, the Savior of mankind RESTRICTED even ?

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God definitely did NOT abandon you. If He did, you would not be a Christian anymore.

Do you ask Him to heal you with the expectation that He will?

I once had that type of faith (Nothing impossible with God), and then friends came along and told me to have realistic expectations and to "humble myself." One told me I needed to be hypnotized so that I could cope, or try reiki or crystals or prayers to saints (this person says they are a Christian who uses the tools provided to us)....one even called me a mystic for believing God could heal me. Meanwhile, I begged them to believe with me, have faith with me for 100% healing (where two agree, and all that). Not only did they not, they also abandoned me. Hurt me to the core. :(

I am left oddly affected by it all. They go on happily unaffected. A piece of me died this year and I'm not sure I can be made whole again.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Are you suggesting that we are in the end times? I have been saying the same and am met with everything from disapproval to scolding. Many no longer speak to me.

I figure it must be my depression speaking, 'cause everyone else keeps saying how happy they are now. It only serves to separate me more from every one and every thing.
EK - means "called out" or "separated" (from) .....
Most people do not agree with God nor with His Word.

So when you note , correctly, the truth, others will be opposed to you (even members of your own family or groups you have been in for a while, long or short time).

The world is a 'depressing' place, as it is opposed to Jesus, to life, to truth, and seeks to bring us all down in destruction.
Yet Jesus GIVES LIFE! And Jesus Says "BE OF GOOD CHEER! I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD" and
"I know you don't know how,,, Come To ME , and I will show you how .... "

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am left oddly affected by it all. They go on happily unaffected. A piece of me dead this year and I'm not sure I can be made whole again.
With man of course it is impossible, but with God it is possible (and His Purpose, to heal/ make whole, IN JESUS) ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Serious question, taking into account everything from a cavity to MS to Alzheimer's to mental illness -- does God heal? Should we even pray for healing or should we only be praying for the strength to endure?

Almost three years ago I had severe pain in my lower abdomen. I was [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing blood, urine and tiny kidney stones. I went to the doctor. A CT scan showed a large bladder stone. A few days before my operation I was walking near my TV. An inner voice told me to turn on the TV. It was on PBS. Dr. Joel Fuhrman was teaching about a miracle plant based diet. I bought one of his books and did as advised. My blood pressure and weight started to drop. I had non-invasive laser surgery to break up the bladder stone. I continued to read about diet and nutrition. The kidney stones are gone. I thank God for guiding me to read medical texts. I am 60 and have intermittent high blood pressure as cholesterol-calcium plaque has narrowed my arteries. Self control in terms of diet and exercise are important at this point. I thank God for tutorials about slowing disease progression. A doctor is also helping me.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They go on happily unaffected.
King David Exclaimed, Crying Out Loud (or silently in prayer?) WHY do the ungodly (wicked) PROSPER ? WHile I (a man after God's Own Heart) am in hiding , on the run for my life, with thieves hiding in the woods and caves .....

"THANK GOD God held my tongue (from speaking to others about this) .... God SHOWED ME THEIR END (destruction), and so I was quiet..... "

There seeming and real PROSPERITY was a sign of their coming destruction as stated by God to King David.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Father heals only if it is in his will.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Any healing that takes place is from God, so yes God heals people. When you break a bone or get the flu, when you get better it's because God made it so. Yes you should pray for such.

We should not expect easier lives. Anyone telling you believers should expect a cushy life with riches and abundance is feeding you a false gospel. Our lives will be difficult at times, we should expect it and grow in faith because of it.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Serious question, taking into account everything from a cavity to MS to Alzheimer's to mental illness -- does God heal?

Yes.
He healed me from M.E, which I'd had for 18 years; as well as from hurtful memories and past incidents.

Should we even pray for healing or should we only be praying for the strength to endure?

We can pray for healing; we shouldn't tell God how, what and when he has to heal.

Also, should Christians expect easier lives? Happier lives? Lives that are more blessed?

No.
We are not promised easy lives when we trust in Jesus - the opposite, we are told we will be persecuted. We are given the joy of the Lord, but this is not the same as happiness.
Our lives in some ways ARE more blessed. We have every spiritual blessing in Christ; peace, love, assurance, security etc etc, Ephesians 1:3. We have the immense privilege of knowing, and serving, the maker of the universe. This doesn't mean we will also have flash cars, lots of money, massive houses, never be out of work etc etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 John 1:2
2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

John was expressing a hope that his friends would be blessed spiritually just as they were being blessed materially - it is not a text which teaches that Christians are promised easy lives.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I once had that type of faith (Nothing impossible with God), and then friends came along and told me to have realistic expectations and to "humble myself." One told me I needed to be hypnotized so that I could cope, or try reiki or crystals or prayers to saints (this person says they are a Christian who uses the tools provided to us)....one even called me a mystic for believing God could heal me. Meanwhile, I begged them to believe with me, have faith with me for 100% healing (where two agree, and all that). Not only did they not, they also abandoned me. Hurt me to the core. :(

I am left oddly affected by it all. They go on happily unaffected. A piece of me died this year and I'm not sure I can be made whole again.
But HIJO, your hope and faith is in Jesus Christ now not in others. They are rejecting you not He is rejecting you. Yes we can always hope for them to agree but our expectations shouldn't be too high in mankind. It's all about Jesus and we do find separation, it's real. But this just tells me all the more that you are His and that He in no way has abandoned you. You need to seek the renewing of your mind girl !! We call it growing in grace, His grace, His mercy, we recognize it more and more as we live life with Him.

Yes people hurt us, people are disappointing but at the same time anyone calling themselves Christian shouldn't be pushing Crystals and the likes of that. That's another spirit and it's not of the God of the bible.

You will find new friends, ones with the Spirit in them. They may be fewer but they will be like minded and seeking the mind of Christ with you.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So God has abandoned me, then.
God does not abandon us, we abandon Him. When my son was little he use to try to dress himself and he would get his shirt inside out and backwards. We need to have the Mind of Christ and think the Divine thoughts of God.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does not abandon us, we abandon Him. When my son was little he use to try to dress himself and he would get his shirt inside out and backwards. We need to have the Mind of Christ and think the Divine thoughts of God.

I don't think it's fair to tell someone they abandoned God. If I did, it certainly wasn't my intention. And I'd like him back, then...but nothing happens.

You're not the first to say this to me, by the way. I just think it's a cruel thing to say.

Upvote 0