Does Jesus NOT know the day of his future second coming????

Does even Jesus NOT know exactly when he will return to the earth?

• No... Jesus knows everything.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Yes... that is what Jesus clearly said!

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • What??????? That sounds really strange to me!

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Matthew 24

Mat 24:36

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Does this statement include even Jesus himself?????

This is stated and elaborated on after the seventeen minute mark in this video and this really hit me!!!

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why would he know? He only did what He was told, which is more than most Christians do. In order to bring the Kingdom to fruition, Jesus' part was to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom of the Father over the governance of man, and follow the will of the Father, never putting His will before the Father's.

Simply put, Jesus had no idea what was around the next corner. He followed the Father's lead. This made His willingness and sacrifice all the more important because being expected to follow the will of the Father, He would be tested to the extreme in this way. In the same way, none of us know what lies ahead but we too are expected to follow the Father's lead. Just as Jesus had to get past the initial test with the Tempter in the desert, He also had to get past the Father having a go at Him too.

Jesus was not only ushering in the Kingdom but had to prove himself worthy of being it's king and the go between between man and the Father. That took perfect loyalty in any situation, surprise or otherwise. His path was more difficult than any other 'human' has ever faced, and He doesn't get the credit He deserves. Instead His efforts are being shoved aside saying, oh He was God, no problem. Try it sometime.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
it is correct.
When He was on Earth, Jesus, knowing that He was the Son of God, the long awaited Messiah, chooses to trust God, and demonstrate His submission to The Father.

Think of it! Going through everything He did, deliberately walking into Jerusalem, deliberately surrendering to the Roman guard, and submitting to being lashed and beaten.

The Son of God who could at any time have called on a legion of angels to save Himself, did not.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What does Jesus say about this, in Scripture. (not in a manmade movie) ?

Here is another translation of that same scripture that is even more clear:

In regards to the Second return of Christ, Jesus said in Matthew 24:36, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”(See also Mark 13:32)

That is the English Standard Version.

36 “But concerning that day and hour gno one knows, not even the angels of heaven, hnor the Son,2 ibut the Father only.

Matthew 24:36 ESV - “But concerning that day… | Biblia

32 “But concerning that day or that hour, ino one knows, not even the angels in heaven, jnor the Son, kbut only the Father.

Does Jesus know when He will return?

In regards to the Second return of Christ, Jesus said in Matthew 24:36, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”(See also Mark 13:32)

When you read this passage it is healthy to ask “Why didn’t Jesus know the time of his return”? Those who acknowledge Jesus as God should wrestle with this passage and question. The reason we need to wrestle with this passage and question is because of what we know about the nature of God. God is all knowing (1 John 3:20). Therefore if God is all knowing, and Jesus is God, how could Jesus not know when he is returning?

The answer to this question is found not in the deity of Christ but in the humanity of Christ. While Jesus is fully God (John 1:1, 14), he also became fully man. This is what we call the Hypostatic Union of Christ (Two natures in one). Jesus is eternally God and Jesus became a man. When he came to earth as a man, he voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes (Philippians 2:6–8). He did not manifest his divine attributes unless he was directed to do so by the Father (John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38). He demonstrated His omniscience (means all knowing) on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return. This means that Jesus lived in complete submission to the Father as an example and sacrifice for mankind. Verses such as John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28-29; 10:30; 12:49; 14:28, 31; and Matthew 26:39, 42 demonstrate Jesus’ submission to the Father as well as their Oneness in the Godhead. Yes, they are both God. But some things Jesus had apparently chosen to “give up the rights” to during His earthly ministry (see Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 24
Mat 24:36
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Does this statement include even Jesus himself?????
This is stated and elaborated on after the seventeen minute mark in this video and this really hit me!!!
Jesus did not know the day and hour during His earthly walk because of Philp 2:6-11 but He does now.
Php 2:6-11
(6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
(7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
(9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
(10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
(11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Jesus' earthly ministry happened between vs. 8 and 9.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jesus did not know the day and hour during His earthly walk because of Philp 2:6-11 but He does now.
Php 2:6-11
(6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
(7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
(9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
(10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
(11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Jesus' earthly ministry happened between vs. 8 and 9.

Is Messiah Yeshua - Jesus limited to only ONE fulfillment of Ezekiel 37 or.....
could any moment in history as we know it become another fulfillment of Ezekiel chapter thirty seven as all humans on earth in that moment can easily be resurrected............. and then more of the Holy Spirit poured out..... and voila .. a whole new time line and G-d gets more than one version of us in more than one possible time line????

Multiverse Theory and multiple Ezekiel 37 type events.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Messiah Yeshua - Jesus limited to only ONE fulfillment of Ezekiel 37 or.....
could any moment in history as we know it become another fulfillment of Ezekiel chapter thirty seven as all humans on earth in that moment can easily be resurrected............. and then more of the Holy Spirit poured out..... and voila .. a whole new time line and G-d gets more than one version of us in more than one possible time line????...
Nothing is impossible to God but I am not aware of any verse(s) which state that.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"When you read this passage it is healthy to ask “Why didn’t Jesus know the time of his return”? Those who acknowledge Jesus as God should wrestle with this passage and question. "

No, I believe totally that it is better to believe His Word just Because He Says So.
No one needs to wrestle with this or any other passage -
"wrestling", so-called, is how the errors (like listening to ndes and turning from the truth to believe them instead of God's Word) in theology and false teachings came about, thinking "an answer" had to be found for a non-question, not based on faith, but on the flesh/ carnal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People become jittery when their foundations shift. Best to follow what Jesus said that it is the Father that speaks truth, not the theories or doctrines of man. It is the rock He built His church on.

Like everything in this world there are two opposing forces. Christianity as a result has been built upon two different foundations.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nothing is impossible to God but I am not aware of any verse(s) which state that.

My theory is a strange one but......
I have wondered if Bill Wiese might perhaps have been shown another version of himself...... from another time line but in this time line he is given the gift of the vision of himself in hell..... so in this time line he repented and is working to save the lost with his whole heart????

Bill Wiese

Bill shares 23 Minutes in Hell
PLAY ALL

On November 23rd, 1998 Bill Wiese experienced something so horrifying it would captivate the world for over a decade. Bill shares his terrifying experience as described in his book, "23 Minutes

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"When you read this passage it is healthy to ask “Why didn’t Jesus know the time of his return”? Those who acknowledge Jesus as God should wrestle with this passage and question. "

No, I believe totally that it is better to believe His Word just Because He Says So.
No one needs to wrestle with this or any other passage -
"wrestling", so-called, is how the errors (like listening to ndes and turning from the truth to believe them instead of God's Word) in theology and false teachings came about, thinking "an answer" had to be found for a non-question, not based on faith, but on the flesh/ carnal.

But that Kevin Zadai guy had a near death experience and he taught me to believe what the Word of God says about this...... because until I heard what he said I really had not thought this through hardly at all.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My theory is a strange one but......
I have wondered if Bill Wiese might perhaps have been shown another version of himself...... from another time line but in this time line he is given the gift of the vision of himself in hell..... so in this time line he repented and is working to save the lost with his whole heart????

Bill Wiese
Bill shares 23 Minutes in Hell
PLAY ALL

On November 23rd, 1998 Bill Wiese experienced something so horrifying it would captivate the world for over a decade. Bill shares his terrifying experience as described in his book, "23 Minutes
In 1970 between my first and second tours in Vietnam I attended an Officer's advance course. One of my class mates was a young Captain Wesley K. Clark. Another of my classmates told us about a near death experience in a hospital in Vietnam, after being seriously wounded. I don't remember much of the details but I was very skeptical until 2009.
In '09 I was scheduled for a simple 45 minute laparoscopy hernia repair at VA. It quickly went sideways and turned into a 5 hour open surgery. I had acute kidney failure, sepsis, major bacterial contamination in the abdomen, and ilius, colon blockage. And am now 100% disabled. I am no longer skeptical about NDE.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In 1970 between my first and second tours in Vietnam I attended an Officer's advance course. One of my class mates was a young Captain Wesley K. Clark. Another of my classmates told us about a near death experience in a hospital in Vietnam, after being seriously wounded. I don't remember much of the details but I was very skeptical until 2009.
In '09 I was scheduled for a simple 45 minute laparoscopy hernia repair at VA. It quickly went sideways and turned into a 5 hour open surgery. I had acute kidney failure, sepsis, major bacterial contamination in the abdomen, and ilius, colon blockage. And am now 100% disabled. I am no longer skeptical about NDE.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that you are writing about this on the forum because I am convinced that these accounts are an extremely powerful testimony tool to reach people who may not listen to the Bible itself, or understand the Bible until it is clarified for them...... much as these accounts did for me.

Near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley was given over a hundred predictions for the future that he never could possibly have guessed in 1975 at the time of the NDE in which he was given those prophecies.

Over eighty of them came to pass and then it seems like he was shown what looks to me like another time line... which would fit with the idea of time branching and Ezekiel 37 happening more than once.

His prophecies are in the boxes of knowledge that are at the bottom of this page:

The Prophecies of Dannion Brinkley

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.