Does Jesus ever fail to carry out his Father's will?

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good day,

I must say I love John 15 it is so comforting and really a pleasure to read. I would suggest the teaching does not end in verse 8.

Here is the best part:

15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

There is much joy in that text, to sooth the soul of God's own adopted children. It you do not come away with that, you have misunderstood the text.

Suggest reading:

True Vine: Meditations for a Month on John 15:1-16 - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What of these words by the Son?:
"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Are we free to choose as you say.......Or do we have to be Drawn, as the Son stated?

If we did not choose there would be no reason to tell us to repent in the scriptures. For we could neither choose to or not to repent.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus says:
All those who the Father gives me will come to me. Him who comes to me I will in no way throw out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. This is the will of my Father who sent me, that of all he has given to me I should lose nothing, but should raise him up at the last day. This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son, and believes in him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
John 6:37-40

I think that doesn’t speak of all people, only about those who God gives to him and who comes to him. And that I believe will happen. And I recommend all to think, have they really received Jesus, are they really loyal to Jesus and to God, do they keep his word or not?

Good Day, 1213

I do not think this text has any thing to do with people (who) other than they are objects ( passive) in the text.

The giving results in the coming the text has dependent verbs (cause and effect)

Negatively expressed those who are not given by the Father, can not come to the Son, and in not coming they are not raised.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good day,

I must say I love John 15 it is so comforting and really a pleasure to read. I would suggest the teaching does not end in verse 8.

Here is the best part:

15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

There is much joy in that text, to sooth the soul of God's own adopted children. It you do not come away with that, you have misunderstood the text.

Suggest reading:

True Vine: Meditations for a Month on John 15:1-16 - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

In Him,

Bill

What joy would we have if He had not warned of the consequences of not abiding?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What joy would we have if He had not warmed of the consequences of not abiding?

Good Day,

I do not believe the text answers the question the intention of the text is positively clear, and answering a negative is often not useful in and of it's self.

Still love the passage../ Wrap your head around this

“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.

Love it- The external love the Father has for the Son, he the Son has for us

Love it - Yes great Love the Son has for his own.

With out me you can do nothing... what a Shepard of his sheep what a savior, the author and finisher of our gifted faith.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we did not choose there would be no reason to tell us to repent in the scriptures. For we could neither choose to or not to repent.
You have to choose to give up thinking....give up trying to save our selves through doctrines and belief......for it is theses things that is stopping us from realizing the truth......that will set us free....

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

I do not believe the text answers the question the intention of the text is positively clear, and answering a negative is often not useful in and of it's self.

Still love the passage../ Wrap your head around this

Love it- The external love the Father has for the Son, he the Son has for us

Love it - Yes great Love the Son has for his own.

With out me you can do nothing... what a Shepard of his sheep what a savior, the author and finisher of our gifted faith.

In Him,

Bill

God bless you brother Bill. I believe it is very useful either positive or negative if it is a requirement of receiving salvation.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have to choose to give up thinking....give up trying to save our selves through doctrines and belief......for it is theses things that is stopping us from realizing the truth......that will set us free....

Brother Raymond we must study His word to discern the truth and accept it as it is given and consider all scripture to determine what God is teaching us. I have no doubt that God has drawn me. He pushed me into a corner where the only way out was thru Him for which I am forever greatful. But at no time did I ever loose my free will to choose to either accept or deny Him.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it was brought up to me quite recently that while John 6:37-40 explains what the will of the Father is the will of the Father doesn't always get accomplished because its also in the Father's will that nobody be lost and yet a good chunk of people will go to hell.

That's because God allows us to choose. We love and worship him freely - we know what the world has to offer and that we may be persecuted, but we do it anyway. Because we WANT to; not because we have no alternative.
Yet if someone - KNOWING God's love and having every spiritual blessing in Christ - chooses to walk away, not repent and not come back to God, (I can't understand why anyone would do such a thing, but anyway), and if they deliberately and obstinately keep this up til they die - they will spend eternity without God.

Jesus taught Eternal Security for those who believe in him. There isn't a single way that a true believer can lose their salvation

No, I don't think we can lose it - if someone gets Alzheimer's, becomes mentally ill or gets to a point where they cannot carry on walking with Jesus, reading Scripture etc, I believe they are still saved.
But if someone deliberately rejects God - see above - willingly choosing to do so, maybe following another religion and never turning back; I think that is different. They may have thrown away or surrendered their salvation rather than lost it.

So there you go! Jesus ALWAYS does what is pleasing to God the Father. If it is in God the Father's will that nobody be lost then guess what? Jesus won't lose a single believer.

Jesus will never LOSE a believer - that doesn't mean the believer might not walk away, if they become disillusioned with unanswered prayer, maybe.

People say, "if you love someone, let them go."
If you give a child permission and the ability to make their own decisions and they choose to live in another country, marry someone you don't approve of or take a job which is against all your beliefs; you haven't lost them.
If you keep a child locked up in their bedroom, giving food, drink and clothing because you want them to be safe, but no freedom; you will, eventually, lose them. Even if they're physically present, they will become resentful and only obey and say 'I love you' out of fear.

As Jesus does not fail, and yet he has clearly taught that some will end up in hell; choosing to walk away from God/block your ears so you can never hear, is the only explanation.
How many people do that, and how many don't accept him because of disappointment with their life, not getting to hear the Gospel etc, we don't know - only God can judge.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

TheKingzkid

Dec 13, 2018
Morris
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus ALWAYS does the Will of the Father . The is no separation from the Father and of the Will of the Father . You have seen Me ,you have seen the Father, The Father and me are One. It is the good pleasure to do the will of the Father.

Attachments

• thW5K76C4E.jpg
    thW5K76C4E.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums