Does Jesus ever fail to carry out his Father's will?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So it was brought up to me quite recently that while John 6:37-40 explains what the will of the Father is the will of the Father doesn't always get accomplished because its also in the Father's will that nobody be lost and yet a good chunk of people will go to hell. In other words Jesus somehow in some way fails to do what his father sent him to do and some of the saved will become lost.

He used Matthew 7:21-23 to prove his point. Its yet another attack on Eternal security and OSAS. But this in particular just sounds so ridiculous to me. After all Jesus was extremely clear in John 6:37-40 and John 10:26-27.

Jesus taught Eternal Security for those who believe in him. There isn't a single way that a true believer can lose their salvation and I'm getting sick of people twisting scripture to somehow fit their beliefs and what they WANT the word of God to say. When Jesus said he would lose none I believe him. After all he's God and God cannot lie. Also if like to bring up John 8:29 in which Jesus says "I always do what's pleasing to him".

So there you go! Jesus ALWAYS does what is pleasing to God the Father. If it is in God the Father's will that nobody be lost then guess what? Jesus won't lose a single believer. I mean how can you read scripture as a whole and somehow believe that Jesus will somehow fail in his mission to save the lost? Jesus was the only human being that ever lived who lived a completely sinless life. He didn't fail THAT mission so why would he fail the most important mission of all? After all God can do ANYTHING. Idk about you but I place my complete trust in God and what he did for me on the cross and not in what other people tell me. I believe the word of God.

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟489,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, NeoStar

IOW - no

I saw that post, it is a complete misunderstanding of Matt 7:21-23

The poster asserts with no basis that they are Christians.
Then that they are Judged for their works....

It has nothing to do with them, or what they did or did not do. The text is clear Jesus said I never knew you, nothing to do with them at all.. The point is Jesus never chose to have a relationship with them, he did not. Some people believe the Scripture is about them primarily and that is a mistake.

In Him,

Bill

• Agree
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it was brought up to me quite recently that while John 6:37-40 explains what the will of the Father is the will of the Father doesn't always get accomplished because its also in the Father's will that nobody be lost and yet a good chunk of people will go to hell. In other words Jesus somehow in some way fails to do what his father sent him to do and some of the saved will become lost.

He used Matthew 7:21-23 to prove his point. Its yet another attack on Eternal security and OSAS. But this in particular just sounds so ridiculous to me. After all Jesus was extremely clear in John 6:37-40 and John 10:26-27.

Jesus taught Eternal Security for those who believe in him. There isn't a single way that a true believer can lose their salvation and I'm getting sick of people twisting scripture to somehow fit their beliefs and what they WANT the word of God to say. When Jesus said he would lose none I believe him. After all he's God and God cannot lie. Also if like to bring up John 8:29 in which Jesus says "I always do what's pleasing to him".

So there you go! Jesus ALWAYS does what is pleasing to God the Father. If it is in God the Father's will that nobody be lost then guess what? Jesus won't lose a single believer. I mean how can you read scripture as a whole and somehow believe that Jesus will somehow fail in his mission to save the lost? Jesus was the only human being that ever lived who lived a completely sinless life. He didn't fail THAT mission so why would he fail the most important mission of all? After all God can do ANYTHING. Idk about you but I place my complete trust in God and what he did for me on the cross and not in what other people tell me. I believe the word of God.
So do you believe that none will be lost because it is God's will that none perish?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟883,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What is your interpretation of John 15:1-8 my friend?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Delivering the truth of God’s Word is part of our mission brother.

Once you get beyond the elements of the Nicene (or Apostle's) Creed, you're into matters that are disputable. Those are just a waste of time.

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. -- Romans 14

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In other words Jesus somehow in some way fails to do what his father sent him to do and some of the saved will become lost.

People fail. Not The Father and not Jesus Christ of Nazareth. People fail to turn to the truth. There is the will of the Father however He gave us free will to choose Him. Not the fault of His Son but the fault of the unbeliever. Eternal security is available to those who believe eternally. Some fall away from the truth, so they are no longer in the Body of Christ.
Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People fail. Not The Father and not Jesus Christ of Nazareth. People fail to turn to the truth. There is the will of the Father however He gave us free will to choose Him. Not the fault of His Son but the fault of the unbeliever.
Blessings
What of these words by the Son?:
"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Are we free to choose as you say.......Or do we have to be Drawn, as the Son stated?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟883,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once you get beyond the elements of the Nicene (or Apostle's) Creed, you're into matters that are disputable. Those are just a waste of time.

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. -- Romans 14

I understand brother but for the sake of some who may not see both sides I like to present evidence so they can have a more comprehensive understanding of the scriptures. More often than not your not going to change someone’s beliefs but I think it is important to plant seeds and let the Holy Spirit determine whether they grow or not. I am fully confident that to he who knocks the door will be opened and to he who seeks will surely find and God is faithful to complete that which He has begun in us. So I try to give a little nudge thru the door lol ;)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which hath sent me draw him
The Father sent Jesus Christ of Nazareth to draw us to Himself. Without the Son there is no resurrection of the dead into eternal life with the Father.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, NeoStar

IOW - no

I saw that post, it is a complete misunderstanding of Matt 7:21-23

The poster asserts with no basis that they are Christians.
Then that they are Judged for their works....

It has nothing to do with them, or what they did or did not do. The text is clear Jesus said I never knew you, nothing to do with them at all.. The point is Jesus never chose to have a relationship with them, he did not. Some people believe the Scripture is about them primarily and that is a mistake.

In Him,

Bill

Idk if they weren't Christians and id watch what you say because it's against the rules to call people not Christians on these boards but it definitely was a gross misinterpretation of Matthew 7:21-23. Right. Plus, Jesus said that he always does what is pleasing to the Father ergo he won't fail in his mission to save all that will come to him. The unsaved people in Matthew 7:21-23 are people who were never born again therefore they never had salvation in the first place. Jesus NEVER knew them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So do you believe that none will be lost because it is God's will that none perish?

What you said is half right. I'm not a Universalist. So I don't believe that EVERYONE in the world is saved. That's a gross misinterpretation of scripture. But, I do believe that everyone who believes in Jesus and trusts in Jesus to be saved is saved. Because the Bible says so in multiple places. That's not only what Jesus said, but also what all of the apostles said and I tend to believe in Jesus's words. I mean, he didn't fail his first mission why on God's Holy Earth would he fail his second mission? If It's in God the Father's will that nobody who comes to Christ for salvation will be lost than won't God the Son make sure that nobody who has a lifelong faith in him will be lost?

That's what Jesus is saying in John 6:37-40. That of all the people that God the Father gives to him. None will be lost. And all who come to Jesus for salvation are given by God the Father as Jesus says in John 6:37.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So this is yet another OSAS debate?

How many of those have we got going concurrently?

I didn't mean to make it a OSAS debate but I guess it could turn into one. What I meant to ask was whether or not Jesus's words in John 6:37-40 were actual canon or if somehow Jesus would ever fail in his mission like that one person was claiming to me. It was also a semi rant as to how ridiculous it sounded.

But as far as I know all of the OSAS topics on CF are all dead now. So why not make another one I guess?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What is your interpretation of John 15:1-8 my friend?

First of all a Christian who doesn't do works isn't really a Christian at all and that Christian has a dead faith. As James says in James 2:20. But to interpret John 15:1-8 as a loss of salvation is misinterpreting the text (If you are interpreting it that way, if you're not I apologize for assuming you are). But, Jesus was basically saying that a Christian who has no works and doesn't bear fruit isn't really a Christian at all. I think that's closer to what Jesus was saying in John 15:1-8.

But this also brings up the good point that people who argue against Eternal Security that a person can choose to leave the faith and lose their salvation. But, I argue that God the Holy Spirit keeps a true Christian in the faith. Plus, some people leave the faith and then come back and Jesus talks about them being welcomed back in open arms. I forget where in scripture Jesus actually says this but it's stated like two or three times in scripture.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟883,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all a Christian who doesn't do works isn't really a Christian at all and that Christian has a dead faith. As James says in James 2:20. But to interpret John 15:1-8 as a loss of salvation is misinterpreting the text (If you are interpreting it that way, if you're not I apologize for assuming you are). But, Jesus was basically saying that a Christian who has no works and doesn't bear fruit isn't really a Christian at all. I think that's closer to what Jesus was saying in John 15:1-8.

But this also brings up the good point that people who argue against Eternal Security that a person can choose to leave the faith and lose their salvation. But, I argue that God the Holy Spirit keeps a true Christian in the faith. Plus, some people leave the faith and then come back and Jesus talks about them being welcomed back in open arms. I forget where in scripture Jesus actually says this but it's stated like two or three times in scripture.

Bless you my friend I agree that anyone who turns away from God can repent and be saved. However I would urge you to please take a closer look at John 15:1-8. Who is Jesus talking to? This discussion is taking place on the night that Jesus is arrested right after leaving the last supper after Judas had gone to betray Jesus and Jesus and His faithful 11 apostles were on their way to the gardens of Gethsemene. Now please notice that only Jesus’ faithful 11 apostles are present for this message and notice how he is repeatedly saying the word “you”.

““I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-8‬

This message is not directed to someone else it is directed specifically to His 11 faithful apostles. Now I’m not saying that it doesn’t apply to everyone but this message is directed to these men. There is no question whether these men believed or not and yet Jesus warns them to abide (remain) in Him and produce fruit otherwise they will be cut off from Him thrown away to wither and thrown into the fire to be burned. Jesus knew these men believed in Him according to John 6:64

“But some of you do not believe me.” (For Jesus knew from the beginning which ones didn’t believe, and he knew who would betray him.)”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:64‬

• Informative
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So it was brought up to me quite recently that while John 6:37-40 explains what the will of the Father is the will of the Father doesn't always get accomplished because its also in the Father's will that nobody be lost and yet a good chunk of people will go to hell. In other words Jesus somehow in some way fails to do what his father sent him to do and some of the saved will become lost...

Jesus says:
All those who the Father gives me will come to me. Him who comes to me I will in no way throw out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. This is the will of my Father who sent me, that of all he has given to me I should lose nothing, but should raise him up at the last day. This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son, and believes in him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
John 6:37-40

I think that doesn’t speak of all people, only about those who God gives to him and who comes to him. And that I believe will happen. And I recommend all to think, have they really received Jesus, are they really loyal to Jesus and to God, do they keep his word or not?

Upvote 0